ImageImageImageImageImage

Make the W's a serious contender challenge

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

darobster17
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Make the W's a serious contender challenge 

Post#1 » by darobster17 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:57 pm

The W's are pretty good team but it seems that when they have bad shooting nights, they can be beat. I'd like to see the W's have the flexibility to play a traditional half court game as well as play an uptempo game. They could use Baron as the go to guy in a half court set? and surround him with shooters. Watching the Chicago game, I think they need a slasher type of scorer that can break down the zone defense and get to the rim more...

So what player or players could they get realistically to make them a more dangerous team without giving up key critical starters or hurting the team's financial flexibility?

My plan would be to entertain offers for Biedrins if I knew the W's would not be able to sign both to long term deals. I know talented bigs are hard to find and the last thing the W's want to do is give up on Biedrins. I hope that they are able to keep both.

I'm just wanting to know what kind of offers the W's would get for Biedrins. That's all. He may be the one player I'd be okay to deal with to get a player like Gasol. Gasol is a proven inside scorer, rebounds well, shoots okay and can run the floor. Gasol is not the best defender though.

A Gasol, Harrington,SJAX,Ellis and Baron lineup would be night mare matchup for opposing teams.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#2 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:01 pm

Step 1: Play Wright

Step 2: Wait
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by crzy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:07 pm

1) Trade

Pau Gasol
Hakim Warrick
Juan Carlos Navarro

for

Al Harrington
Brandan Wright
Mickael Pietrus
Marco Belinelli

2) Sign Damon Stoudamire when he is bought out.

GSW
Baron/Damon
Monta/JCN
SJax/Azu/Hakim
Pau/Hakim/Cro
Biedrins/Mbenga/POB/Kosta
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Yi Jian Lian » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:06 am

mbenga?
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#5 » by Thugleavy34 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:11 am

1) Accidentally leave Barnstrus on the inactive list for the rest of the season.
soda
Junior
And1: 445

Post#6 » by soda » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:15 am

Thugleavy34 wrote:1) Accidentally leave Barnstrus on the inactive list for the rest of the season.

Sad, but true.

It struck me that the warriors played better without Barnstrus tonight, and I'd like to say, that I want to see less of them in the future. Remember, Nellie, sometimes less is more.
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#7 » by Thugleavy34 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:18 am

I'd rather replace Azubuikke with Barnes, but yeah. Not hating on Buke, but I like Matt's physicality.
darobster17
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by darobster17 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:26 am

Barnes is like SJAX lite...without the clutch 3pt shooting.

It looks like we found a backup that Nelly likes...C.J. Watson. If only we can find a big that Nelly will play to backup Biedrins. Maybe POB or Kosta gets more p.t. becuz of their effort tonight vs. the Bucks.
GSWbandwagon
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Make the W's a serious contender challenge 

Post#9 » by GSWbandwagon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:32 am

darobster17 wrote:
So what player or players could they get realistically to make them a more dangerous team without giving up key critical starters or hurting the team's financial flexibility?

My plan would be to entertain offers for Biedrins if I knew the W's would not be able to sign both to long term deals. I know talented bigs are hard to find and the last thing the W's want to do is give up on Biedrins. I hope that they are able to keep both.

I'm just wanting to know what kind of offers the W's would get for Biedrins. That's all. He may be the one player I'd be okay to deal with to get a player like Gasol. Gasol is a proven inside scorer, rebounds well, shoots okay and can run the floor. Gasol is not the best defender though.

A Gasol, Harrington,SJAX,Ellis and Baron lineup would be night mare matchup for opposing teams.

when you say sign both i assume you mean andris and monta? if so, you're saying that because we don't have $ to sign andris we should trade him for a guy making max money? how's that work? and how do you intend to trade for a guy with gasol's contract and match dollars while not giving up a rotation player except one guy on a rookie deal?

the problem with any major trade is the risk of screwing up the team chemistry. the warriors play as hard as anyone in the league (which also means we have no next gear for the playoffs) and moving core players could kill that.

also, in any andris trade, one thing to keep in mind is how unselfish andris is. he doesn't complain about shots or touches. i'm sure he'd love to get more chances to show his post game but he doesn't say anything about it (at least publicly). he never takes a bad shot. if you can circumvent the rules and do gasol for andris straight up, where do gasol's shots come from? and where do gasol's touches come from? baron likes to dominate the ball. jackson likes to dominate the ball. monta likes going into kobe mode for stretches. a guy like gasol or any other high level post scorer is going to want the offense to run through them at least some of the time and that will mean touches and shots have to come from someone who is currently getting them.
darobster17
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by darobster17 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:50 am

Yes I meant Andris and Monta...you also got to worry about BD getting his $$$ as well so the W's mgmt will have to make tough financial decisions.

All I want is the W's being able to play multiple styles becuz when the outside shots aren't falling, I'd like them to go to an inside scorer and get better wide open outside shots. When teams play a tight perimeter zone defense, you can go to proven inside scorer that can kill teams for playing a perimeter zone defense.

Looking at Gasol's contract, I think he might be too expensive but any case I think Gasol would not mind playing an uptempo style or not demand the offense go thru him.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#11 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:57 am

We'd be stupid to trade Biedrins. He fits and is just scratching the surface of what he can do.

He's got a fantastic BBall IQ and his hands are among the best in the league.

After watching all of the 7 footers in this Bucks game, I'm left with the appreciation of Beans' athleticism.

He's special folks and we better keep him around.

Unless the guy coming back is huge, then don't even bother.

Gasol is a really good player, but I'm tired of the trades that include him.

To do a Gasol deal you have to screw up what we have. Then you must cross your fingers that Baron and Jax will accept him and thrive.

I doubt it. Pau's a tempramental euro who tends to lean towards the crying aspect of the game. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#12 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:34 am

Yeah let's trade our only good big!! ehh, bad idea.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#13 » by killacalijatt » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:15 am

Step One
Trade For Gasol

Step Two
Trade Beans for Smoove

Step 3 not mandatory but maybe trade for Miller with the TE

Baron
Miller or Ellis if we dont also trade for Miller
SJax