ImageImageImageImageImage

Hold the Mayo

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#21 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:08 pm

510Reggae wrote:Excellent has a concrete definition now? I could say Al Harrington is an excellent PF and be right...

People won't agree but what I've seen from Thabeet lately makes him a lotto pick in my mind... whats been amazing is his learning curve. This time last year, he just a tall guy... he's positioning himself now, gets good position on both sides and because of his size it leads to easy buckets... I'd take him over Hibbert and DeAndre...

I'm with you on Thabeet. His light and quick, and that positions him well to be able to adapt to the next level where you don't just get to overpower short guys. Hibbert looks like a future Felton Spencer to me. He's awkward and not at all strong for his size. All the bigs have to re-learn the game at the NBA level anyway. While they are learning and adapting, the quick big guy is going to have an advantage that will keep him on the floor more during the learning years. In a sense, the quickness raises your ceiling, because it allows you to recover and overcome a number of mistakes that would eventually force the coach to take the slower (though stronger) player off the floor.

Off topic,

Watching Ike getting extended minutes against Philly. There may be hope for him. I know Philly is crap, but it appears he's been working on his body. He's got more weight up top and less in his ass now. He looks more fit = more explosive. He actually made a power move against Smith and didn't try to overuse his pump fakes. He just turned elevated and finished, no BS. If Ike decides not to be fat, then maybe he will have some lift? That would change his game for the positive in a big way.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#22 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:47 am

I'll take Donte Green from Syracuse behind Beasley.

For the Warriors if we're looking for a leader type PG I'm going Chalmers.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors