ImageImageImageImageImage

Biedrins needs a new coach

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Biedrins needs a new coach 

Post#1 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:44 am

He's flatlined under the coaching of Turelli...Andris needs to gain muscle..Turelli wants him rail thin...Andris needs to develop a low post game through coaching and experience..Turelli wants AB15 to just be a finisher near the basket...

AB15 could of been something special if he would of had Jackabbar type coaching..I'd like to have seen what could of been...It's not too late..He's a pup, but he needs a real coach...
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#2 » by Souvlaki » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:47 am

You're right. AB could've been special. Too bad his career is over because Nelly screwed him up so bad.

So there's that. And also, the sky is falling.

That is all.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#3 » by mistatwo mayn » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:55 am

As stated before... whom do you suggest?

and I doubt you could afford Hakeem the dream. Robinson has ties with SA.

Ewing sucks... maybe Big Country will coach?

Anyone?
Em Dzhei
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#4 » by Em Dzhei » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:50 am

I double what LF said!

But seems like the only solution would be a trade to team that would try to use and develop him further..

Though I know he loves the Bay and will not be urging to move on.. and if he gets 10 mil..
DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#5 » by DIO » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:58 am

I only glanced at title, but I recognized this is LF.
Head Leader
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#6 » by Head Leader » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:05 pm

Souvlaki wrote:You're right. AB could've been special. Too bad his career is over because Nelly screwed him up so bad.

So there's that. And also, the sky is falling.

That is all.

The warriors are falling!!, The warriors are falling!, Andris career is ruined!!
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#7 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:34 pm

Em Dzhei wrote:I double what LF said!

But seems like the only solution would be a trade to team that would try to use and develop him further..

Though I know he loves the Bay and will not be urging to move on.. and if he gets 10 mil..
Biedrins would blossom under laker-b;azer coaching...I want to see him and POB have great careers more than I want to see them misused under a Mully-Nellie-Smart era...Hopefully too much damage hasnt already been done.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#8 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:40 pm

I missed yesterday's game. How did he foul out with 12 boards in only 21 minutes? That probably didn't help our effort.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#9 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:48 pm

mistatwo mayn wrote:As stated before... whom do you suggest?

and I doubt you could afford Hakeem the dream. Robinson has ties with SA.

Ewing sucks... maybe Big Country will coach?

Anyone?

As I've said before, many, many, times

NATE EFFING THURMOND!!!!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#10 » by Souvlaki » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:23 pm

turk3d wrote:I missed yesterday's game. How did he foul out with 12 boards in only 21 minutes? That probably didn't help our effort.

A lot of BS questionable calls. We had the WORST refs in the NBA last night.

But come on, Biedrins is injured right now and playing through it. Give the guy a break.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#11 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:40 pm

Even if healthy, even if he improved his post game, its not like we'd ever make him an option anyways... our big man coach is irrelevant until our philosophy changes..
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Mylie10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
As I've said before, many, many, times

NATE EFFING THURMOND!!!!

For HC :nod:
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#13 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Souvlaki wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

A lot of BS questionable calls. We had the WORST refs in the NBA last night.

But come on, Biedrins is injured right now and playing through it. Give the guy a break.

Heck, nobody here is complaining about AB. 12 boards in only 21 minutes? I'll take that any day of the week. It's just that I thought that he was over the refs screwing him on the calls this season, but I guess not. I also thought (in the previous game where he scored 20) that he was regaining his health which is very important (considering what he has to deal with day in and day out). I saw he shot 2-3 too yesterday. It seems like he was not getting the ball too much as usual (this is what helps him to counteract the opposing Centers (forces them to play defense against him and potentially gives them foul problems of their own).

It seems to me that AB can get easy scores from Baron and Jack when they are looking to set him up (instead of firing their own bricks all the time). The Warriors really need to make him an integral part of their offense imo. This is probably the only way to keep him in the games more often and keep the opposing bigs from cheating in the defensive lanes. We can't afford to have him foul out in 21 minutes (less than half the game) and then allow the opposing bigs to "have their way" with our "midgets" for the rest of the game. Thanks for the response.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#14 » by killacalijatt » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:14 pm

Nelly Freakin hates centers who cant shoot 3's.

Lets trade Beans while his stock is still up for Smoove.
Smoove would freakin dominate in are system. Dunk after Dunk after Dunk. Not to mention Josh just got 17 rebound against the Spurs the other night. Dont know why people dont see that. He'll put up 20/10/4/3 easilly in are system.

Baron
Ellis
Sjax
Smoove
Al

Thats Nelly ball to the fullest right there.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#15 » by old rem » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:53 pm

510Reggae wrote:Even if healthy, even if he improved his post game, its not like we'd ever make him an option anyways... our big man coach is irrelevant until our philosophy changes..

That's a lot of it..but I'm not in disagreement with LF75's point,though reactions of "it could be worse' may have some truth too. I have ranted on about the Small F management team's general neglect of the "power" game.
I don't KNOW who is the weakest link. What I CAN say is there IS a weak link. If we draft well....do we TEACH/DEVELOP/COACH these guys? If we DO teach good players well..do we (Please Use More Appropriate Word) their progress with DNPs? Do we waste opportunity?
CENSORED... No comment.
adonalftw23
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#16 » by adonalftw23 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:54 pm

we should get chuck.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:06 pm

old rem wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's a lot of it..but I'm not in disagreement with LF75's point,though reactions of "it could be worse' may have some truth too. I have ranted on about the Small F management team's general neglect of the "power" game.
I don't KNOW who is the weakest link. What I CAN say is there IS a weak link. If we draft well....do we TEACH/DEVELOP/COACH these guys? If we DO teach good players well..do we (Please Use More Appropriate Word) their progress with DNPs? Do we waste opportunity?

Wasting opportunity has become our trademark... there's no big mystery to the weak link, its this ridiculous fascination with smallball... good for business, bad for being legitimate.

I dont think there is one coach on our roster now who knows what to do with a PF/C... moreover, I dont know what our current assistant coaches are teaching the kids about blocking out, but only one (Kosta) must have been paying attention at the time. Players like Wright and Biedrins, who are so quick around the rim, dont really need to block out, they use length and quickness to slide around opponents.

And forget about establishing deep position... they'd rather teach their F/C to iso, like they've had Wright and POB do on separate occasions.. I know we're an odd team but do we really have to discontinue posting up our F/Cs just because our guards are good at it?
gswwhoops!
Senior

Post#18 » by gswwhoops! » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:19 pm

LOL A no-basketball-talent-having-ass blaming another-no-basketball-talent-having-ass-of-a-big-man-coach for Biedrin's development. Funny!
macballer30
Senior

Post#19 » by macballer30 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 am

How about Skiles? He's available and look at how well he did with all the talented centers that came through Chicago...Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Ben Wallace, and even the young pups Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah. They all really blossomed under Skiles tutelage, can you imagine how good AB would be with a real coach like that? We can all dream...
gking
Junior

Post#20 » by gking » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:15 am

Yea, I don't see Biedrins getting much better than he is now if he doesn't start working on an offensive game outside of 4 feet from the hoop. I find it a little disturbing that we haven't seen any signs of this.

Return to Golden State Warriors