ImageImageImageImageImage

Hollywood Baron on TNT: Nets [18-23] @ GSW [25-18]. THU 7:30

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#401 » by FNQ » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:06 am

None of his mistakes are as colossal as his complete and total disregard for the future of the franchise.
BooRadley
Head Coach
And1: 205

Post#402 » by BooRadley » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:09 am

How many teams actually win championships from their 8th and 18th picks in consecutive years? You guys take this disregard for the future thing way too far.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#403 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:10 am

BooRadley wrote:Last year, he was letting them play and the team was putting together incredible runs under his coaching.

Last year he talked and seemed committed to playing his best 5 players. That's what won me over from the RunTMC Nellie, who's gimmicks I really couldn't stand.

BooRadley wrote: He should just suit up and knock some guys around on the court.

I'd pay to see that. Like a bloated, pale Fortson :lol:

BooRadley wrote:Tonight, he might as well have brought Marco out on the court and publicly flogged him. Flogging Belli.

Fredo made his own bed. If he could do two of any three basketball skills at the same time, Nellie would be playing him. He's not 6'10" Nellie wanted him to be a star.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Za_Warrior
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#404 » by Za_Warrior » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:12 am

Buike was great tonight and came up with two valuable blocks and clutch FT's at the end of the game, he also showed more rebounding prowess than Barnes or Harrington tonight.

Monta for MIP again :)
BooRadley
Head Coach

Post#405 » by BooRadley » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:15 am

Fredo did make his own bed. As did POB. That's why this developing talent thing on this board gets taken way too far. The guys don't produce, they don't play.

I was just saying you don't need to beat the dude in public like he did tonight.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#406 » by FNQ » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:16 am

BooRadley wrote:How many teams actually win championships from their 8th and 18th picks in consecutive years? You guys take this disregard for the future thing way too far.

:rofl: Who's trying to win a championship this season? Are you serious?
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#407 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:17 am

510Reggae wrote:None of his mistakes are as colossal as his complete and total disregard for the future of the franchise.

:rofl:

You guys are on fire tonight... really, classic thread - book (mark) it!
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#408 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:20 am

BooRadley wrote:Fredo did make his own bed. As did POB. That's why this developing talent thing on this board gets taken way too far. The guys don't produce, they don't play.

I was just saying you don't need to beat the dude in public like he did tonight.

Fredo made his bed by saying he wanted to sit and watch in suits rather than play to improve.

Obee said the same thing at first, but then realized he wasn't going to get gift minutes. So he went down to Bakersfield and struggled until he improved. Now he might still not be good enough, but he worked and tried to earn more time. 3 out of 5 NBA appearances have indicated that he produced some positive results.

You can't say the same for Freddy. It's been almost the exact opposite. If he'd have put his game first he'd have been nicely tuned up about the time we brought up CJ. That should have been him called up as the 4th guard instead of a nobody.
BooRadley
Head Coach

Post#409 » by BooRadley » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:20 am

510Reggae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: Who's trying to win a championship this season? Are you serious?

Well you're not happy with being in the playoff race after being a laughing stock for 13 years. So I assume you want a championship.

Our young talent might just suck, get over it.

Monta was not used his rookie year, now he's a budding star.

Same with Biedrins.

Our young guys will get their turns, be patient. Why everything at once?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#410 » by FNQ » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:30 am

Wright would need to play in every single game and log 7.5 mpg to get as many minutes as Biedrins did as a rookie (18, rail thin).

He'd have to get 20.5 mpg in every game to get as many as Monta.

Our young talent sucks... :rofl: The Nellie loyalists slay me... the way we "develop" anyone is just hilarious... Biedrins got PT and developed... Monta was a star-in-waiting with a crapload of question marks... and we can't seem to figure out why this small ball garbage has never worked in the playoffs...

Franchise big men rarely hit the open market... they are 90% developed... but we're too busy giving our guards 40 min a night so we can maybe make a run for the 8 seed... woo freakin hoo.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#411 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:33 am

BooRadley wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Monta was not used his rookie year, now he's a budding star.

Same with Biedrins.

Monta and Beans were "not used" by a guy who wil never coach in the NBA again. Nellie is supposed to know better.

I know 510 comes off crazy as a sh :censored: house rat these days, but there's a kernel of truth behind the ramblings.

Nellie is pretty clearly witholding Wright. He's GOT to be more NBA reasy as a backup PF than Pietrus. Probably because he wants a better option.

Me personally, I think he's fighting Cohan's cheaptitude. I think he's not going to let Cohan off the hook by trying to round out the roster with rookies (and maybe putting too much early pressure on them - Nellie has babied favored young guys before i.e. Dirk. He relishes the father figure role and it makes him do some odd things.)

I think he's still playing chikcen with the beancounters for the use of the TE. He'll keep the bench as weak as he can with minimum wage guys down to the wire and shelve Wright, in the hopes that Cohan will buy him a 6th genuine NBA talent to round out the roster. If the deadline passes and we don't bring in a multi year player on the TE, we'll see more Wright. It's just irrritating as heck waiting out this poker game.
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#412 » by bballguy50 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:36 am

Its not about wanting to win a championship now. Its that you know you're good enough to be in the playoffs, but you don't take advantage of everything/everyone that's on the team to be even better.

Who wants to be patient when you know there are people who can and should do something about it now?
BooRadley
Head Coach

Post#413 » by BooRadley » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:37 am

Team had no shot at the playoffs in 04-05 and 05-06. So young guys got some playing time. We got a shot at the playoffs with the potential to make some noise again. If we could make the playoffs, pull off an upset, and have 3-4 young guys getting steady playing time, we'd really have a team the league would be jealous of. You really shoot for the stars.

But let's just keep developing players for the next 3-4 years right? That's what fans really want.

And I said our young talent MAY suck. I don't think anyone's seen enough of POB, Belli and Wright to say they're gonna be stars if they get playing time.
BooRadley
Head Coach

Post#414 » by BooRadley » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:39 am

I still don't see how you guys know for sure Wright, POB and Belli will be solid contributors. Sounds like fans just overhyping their young talent.
BooRadley
Head Coach

Post#415 » by BooRadley » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:41 am

I like your posts Sleepy, but that's a whole lot of conspiracy behind not playing one player. Nellie has a ton to worry about with the team and coaching them and drinking his scotch. To get a viable power forward out of the TPE, there's better ways to go about that and I think Nellie would be able to do it without holding out Wright.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#416 » by FNQ » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:45 am

BooRadley wrote:I still don't see how you guys know for sure Wright, POB and Belli will be solid contributors. Sounds like fans just overhyping their young talent.

Yeah they are just somewhat successful when thrown into situations... Wright just played for one of the best college teams in the country and was an extremely solid contributor, yet can't scrape together more than a few minutes a month...

If you want to just generalize every rookie as the same, your theory works a lot better.
BooRadley
Head Coach

Post#417 » by BooRadley » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:47 am

510Reggae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah they are just somewhat successful when thrown into situations... Dunleavy just played for one of the best college teams in the country and was an extremely solid contributor, yet can't scrape together more than a few good minutes a month...

If you want to just generalize every rookie as the same, your theory works a lot better.

fixed.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#418 » by FNQ » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:57 am

So because Dun flopped here, we should assume every player we draft will?

It speaks volumes about the FO when a guy we trade up and draft doesnt even log development time, while we sign guys off the wire and D-Leaguers to log a grand total of 36 mpg...
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#419 » by FaTaL » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:31 am

monta, warrior 4 life!
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#420 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:02 pm

[quote="Sleepy51"][/quote]

Dang Sleepy that's exactly how I feel.

I feel Nellie's been pushing against the front office for weeks and he'll win out due to pressure. I've been putting it out there that Nellie's been saying, "We need help!"

He actually said it word for word yesterday with Ralph and Tom.

Small ball can win and it would have been a so-called small ball team to win it all last year if not for the flagrant foul and then bench clear of Robert Horry on Nash in last years playoffs.

The Suns were in the drivers seat up until that point of the series. If not for that Flagrant, then the Suns should go onto win that series and then they would have creamed the Cavs in the finals.

The difference of their small ball and ours is:

Shawn Marion
Amare Stoudemire

If Nellie had either of those guys he'd play them and we'd be better than we are right now.

It's not the style, it's finding the players to play it.

If Wright was ready, then he'd play. He does need to fill out more.

Having said that, I personally would have been playing Obee and Wright from the beginning of the season, if only for 10 minutes per.

Nellie's playing possum with management and hopefully he wins out.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors