ImageImageImageImageImage

A peek at next season... what to do?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 37,444
And1: 8,130
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

 

Post#41 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 7:58 pm

Buki's a nice back-up. I love his rebounding. The 3 point shot is OK as well.

He should get better at the other stuff in time.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,642
And1: 9,447
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: De-funked
     

 

Post#42 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 3, 2008 8:21 pm

:lol:

Buke has the ability to put his head down and charge at the rim like a running back... therefore he's a fundamentally sound great finisher...

What exactly does he do thats fundamentally sound? Shooting open 3s? Rebounding? Those are the only things he does on an NBA level... his ability to drive is way below average... his tunnel vision, him being unaware of when we're iso-ing... and that he's anywhere near even average defensively is complete garbage..

He can play the post as a SG/SF... that's it. God help him if he switches pivots on defense...

If he ever really 100% focused on defense he may become an average defender... his reflexes are just slow and we can't even hide him in our zone, which is designed to hide defensive inefficiencies...

-.084 +/- per minute...

For comparison's sake:

Mikael Pietrus (.001) above him, and Troy Hudson (-.128) below him... and that's about exactly where he is.
Keepin it classless
Watching the easily manipulated be easily manipulated
St.Nick
Banned User
Posts: 15,958
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Location: Paris, France

 

Post#43 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 8:53 pm

510Reggae wrote::lol:

Buke has the ability to put his head down and charge at the rim like a running back... therefore he's a fundamentally sound great finisher...

What exactly does he do thats fundamentally sound? Shooting open 3s? Rebounding? Those are the only things he does on an NBA level... his ability to drive is way below average... his tunnel vision, him being unaware of when we're iso-ing... and that he's anywhere near even average defensively is complete garbage..

He can play the post as a SG/SF... that's it. God help him if he switches pivots on defense...


If he ever really 100% focused on defense he may become an average defender... his reflexes are just slow and we can't even hide him in our zone, which is designed to hide defensive inefficiencies...

-.084 +/- per minute...

For comparison's sake:

Mikael Pietrus (.001) above him, and Troy Hudson (-.128) below him... and that's about exactly where he is.


Were you referring to my post?
EJS99
Pro Prospect
Posts: 759
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 15, 2001

 

Post#44 » by EJS99 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:01 pm

giberish wrote:The default 'do nothing' plan would look like this:

Resign Biendrins and Ellis (and Davis if he opts out). This shouldn't be as hard as people think as the few teams with cap space are cheap and/or poor fits.

Resign two of Azibukie, Barnes and Pietrus - most likely Azibukie and Barnes. $5-6M 1st year salary should do for both combined. If someone gets big $$ (like the full MLE ) then the Warriors replace them by singing other reserve wing(s).

Replace the minutes that Pietrus was playing by playing Belinelli and/or Wright more.

Draft a an athletic SF with 3pt range in the 1st round(Bill Walker perhaps?) - but don't expect them to play as a rookie.

This gives an 11 player roster of:
Davis, Ellis, Bellinelli, Bukie, Jackson, Barnes, 1st round pick, Wright, Al, Biendrins and Kosta.
The last 2-4 roster spots will go to minimum salary players (including possible 2nd round picks). Most likely an extra pg and a reserve post player or two.


Depending what happens in the playoffs and how far they go, I could see the Warriors keeping this team together. For sure, Davis, Ellis, and Biedrins will be retained long term. The Warriors would like to keep Barnes and Azubuike... for the right price. They won't overpay for either. Both are solid role players off the bench. I think the same thing for Webber if the experiment proves successful. I think they will sign Watson as the 3rd pg with Belinelli playing the majority of the backup minutes behind Ellis and Davis.

In the draft, an athletic SF seems the way to go. My choice is Tyler Smith from UT. That leaves them with a roster of 13 with 2 spots left open to fill their needs at a later time.

Roster:

PG: Davis/Belinelli/Watson
SG: Eliis/Azubuike
SF: Jackson/Barnes/Smith
PF: Webber/Harrington/Wright
C : Biedrins/Perovic/Croshere
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,642
And1: 9,447
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: De-funked
     

 

Post#45 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:08 pm

Responding to the general "Buke is an all-around player" garbage... the most asanine rumor ever to hit this board, all started because we compared Buke to Monta in November and Buke was able to hit a 3, therefore is more all-around.

Ideas, not posts..
Keepin it classless
Watching the easily manipulated be easily manipulated
St.Nick
Banned User
Posts: 15,958
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Location: Paris, France

 

Post#46 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:22 pm

510Reggae wrote:Responding to the general "Buke is an all-around player" garbage... the most asanine rumor ever to hit this board, all started because we compared Buke to Monta in November and Buke was able to hit a 3, therefore is more all-around.

Ideas, not posts..


I could have sworn that you put me on ignore...remember that from a few days back?

Or is it just selective ignore?
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,642
And1: 9,447
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: De-funked
     

 

Post#47 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:27 pm

RealGM logs me out every 10 minutes... ignore is a feature that's essentially useless..

And when I see these wounded dear arguments I just have to go after them... it'd be a sad day to see a new poster come in and see this idiocy day in and day out, the hypocrisy of it all...

Putting a clown like you in his place with actual knowledge is like crack to me... and you make it easy to be a crackhead :lol:
Keepin it classless
Watching the easily manipulated be easily manipulated
St.Nick
Banned User
Posts: 15,958
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Location: Paris, France

 

Post#48 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:37 pm

True hypocrisy is calling yourself a Warrior fan.

(Well, that and using selective ignore to get yourself out of debates that embarrass you).
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,642
And1: 9,447
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: De-funked
     

 

Post#49 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:56 pm

St.Nick wrote:True hypocrisy is calling yourself a Warrior fan.

(Well, that and using selective ignore to get yourself out of debates that embarrass you).


I've bowed out of so many arguments with you because you dont talk basketball... ever since my response has been garbage about previous stuff...

I'm a hypocritical W's fan because I think we have talent on the bench... I'm a pessimist too... All of us pessimists think we can be better, shame on all of us :D

Pathetic Nick... try coming up with a basketball response that makes sense before trying to go after someone personally... I'll be willing to bet you can't, except draw some absurd conclusion based on box scores...
Keepin it classless
Watching the easily manipulated be easily manipulated
St.Nick
Banned User
Posts: 15,958
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Location: Paris, France

 

Post#50 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:05 pm

I don't talk basketball? Then what do I talk about? I've got over 5000 posts here, so if I'm not talking about basketball then you'll have to tell me what it is that I'm talking about.

And btw, don't talk crap and pick a fight and then walk away all sensitive when someone hits back. I'm happy to stick to discussions about the direction of the Warriors on a very factual level, but when you come on here with every other post being obnoxious and extreme, what do you expect?

"Nellie is an idiot who wants to destroy our future"

"Azubuike is garbage"

"I'm going to make 50 posts about CJ Watson being worthless"

"POB is so great"

I mean, what the hell? Do you really expect people to agree with you? Or should we not take you seriously? Are you trying to be funny? What are you trying to achieve by spewing such rhetoric all the time?

Tell me so I know how to deal with you.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,642
And1: 9,447
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: De-funked
     

 

Post#51 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:41 pm

Give me a break... do you know how many words you force feed into other people's mouths just to refute it?

When did I say Nellie wants to destroy our future? He's doing what he knows how to do - use guards, 3 ball, and small ball... its a flawed concept that doesn't beat fundamentals.

Buke is garbage... this has been noted, proven, and should be accepted by now...

I didnt need the 50 posts for CJ - everyone knew it - the posts I made were in reference to the front office being oblivious to what we actually needed...

And lastly, POB could be great, we'd have no idea... when he plays, he plays a lot better than Mbenga and the other scrubs we've thrown out there...

People dont need to agree with me for me to feel validated big guy... I've been spot on since last season when I decided to look @ the Warriors on a basketball level instead of a fan level.

The point is that you obviously dont read peoples stuff here... you are here to flout your own opinion as fact and then get angry at anyone who dares disagree. A mamaluke in its truest sense...

You can disagree all you want... but I know my :censored:... and truth be told, you don't. You just like to argue.. you can tell because you seem to purposely miss the point of anyone's post who you are arguing with... damn ignore button :banghead:
Keepin it classless
Watching the easily manipulated be easily manipulated
User avatar
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
Posts: 48,237
And1: 6,524
Joined: Jun 22, 2003
Location: Let's ditch guns!

 

Post#52 » by floppymoose » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:46 pm

Let's leave the bickering to the resident troll. He does it way better than either of you anyway.
User avatar
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
Posts: 33,523
And1: 1,065
Joined: Jun 28, 2005

 

Post#53 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:48 pm

floppymoose wrote:Let's leave the bickering to the resident troll. He does it way better than either of you anyway.


ROFL

I was thinking the exact same thing.
rcfc1 wrote:Do you even law, bro?
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,642
And1: 9,447
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: De-funked
     

 

Post#54 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:49 pm

Being correct is bickering... :love: this site...

Ridiculous that it logs me out every 10 minutes so I have to actually read some of this crap
Keepin it classless
Watching the easily manipulated be easily manipulated
Chris Cohan
Banned User
Posts: 16,891
And1: 1
Joined: Sep 23, 2007
Location: NBA Purgatory (Lateral Move)
Contact:

 

Post#55 » by Chris Cohan » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:57 pm

510Reggae wrote:Being correct is bickering... :love: this site...

Ridiculous that it logs me out every 10 minutes so I have to actually read some of this crap


Don't piss off tech heads. They'll ping you. It's all they've got.
St.Nick
Banned User
Posts: 15,958
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Location: Paris, France

 

Post#56 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:03 pm

So...you've been indisputably right about everything...or as you said, "you know your sh-t" (I don't want to put words in your mouth)...

Just to run down the things you have nailed down...

- Nellie is an "idiot" (I'll take the leap and assume this to mean that he is an individual that is hurting our franchise)
- Azu is "garbage" (garbage indicating a horrible, horrible player)
- POB is some sort of answer for us at the Center position
- And the grand statement that you've so boldly proclaimed from the mountain tops so many times.. CJ Watson, D-League pickup, is not the final piece to the puzzle.

Based on these astute observations, I feel quite comfortable and honored to crown you Mister Knows his Sh-t, the Archduke of all Sh-t that could be known, and the Holy Roman Emperor of of Sh-t knowing.

There really is no room for argument with your tightly delivered points anymore.

We shall now focus on the bright future that his Royal Mr. Archduke Sh-t Knower has bestowed upon us through his many oft repeated decrees....fire Nellie, give POB big floor time, immediately get rid of Azu and Watson, cut Baron's minutes in favor of developing Monta at PG, and tank this season and every other season until we've appropriately built a championship caliber team (whenever that may be).

Let me be the first on board to commend you for your clairvoyance and wisdom.

**Sorry, I know that was obnoxious, but come on... "I've been spot on since last season" and "I know my sh-t"...just get real, dude.**
Chris Cohan
Banned User
Posts: 16,891
And1: 1
Joined: Sep 23, 2007
Location: NBA Purgatory (Lateral Move)
Contact:

 

Post#57 » by Chris Cohan » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:05 pm

Nice sig.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,642
And1: 9,447
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: De-funked
     

 

Post#58 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:09 pm

St.Nick wrote:fire Nellie, give POB floor time, immediately get rid of Azu and Watson, cut Baron's minutes in favor of developing Monta at PG


If we filter 90% of the things you say, you actually begin to start making sense :nod:
Keepin it classless
Watching the easily manipulated be easily manipulated
St.Nick
Banned User
Posts: 15,958
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Location: Paris, France

 

Post#59 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:13 pm

510Reggae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



90% of the things you say actually make sense :nod:


Likewise.
User avatar
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
Posts: 48,237
And1: 6,524
Joined: Jun 22, 2003
Location: Let's ditch guns!

 

Post#60 » by floppymoose » Mon Feb 4, 2008 12:18 am

Well, that didn't work.

Return to Golden State Warriors