ImageImageImageImageImage

Are the Warriors the most physically fit team in the league?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Are the Warriors the best conditioned?

Yes. The Warriors are the top conditioned team in the league.
77%
No. There are other teams who are in way better condition than the Warriros are.
23%

Total votes: 22

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Are the Warriors the most physically fit team in the league? 

Post#1 » by turk3d » Sun Feb 3, 2008 6:54 pm

One thing for sure about this team is that they are all in tip top physically condition. With the offseason regimen, Nellie's workouts, and their rabid, frenetic, balls-to-the-wall pace, they may be unparralelled in their conditioning. Certainly have to be close to the top at the very least. What are you thoughts?
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sun Feb 3, 2008 6:56 pm

"No, it's not fun playing them," Iverson said. "I don't know why you all think it would be fun. It's fun for the fans, but it's not fun for the guys trying to defend the way they play. They just keep coming at you all game."
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#3 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 7:02 pm

Great quote Cupcake. If a roughneck like AI is giving us respect like that, I think it says a lot about how tough we are to play against.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#4 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 7:29 pm

I'd have to go phoenix and then us.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#5 » by KR4 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 7:37 pm

If you were somehow to equate it to numbers, the difference in Physical fitness from the most to the least would only be a difference of a fraction of a percent. These are all pro athletes, and they are all in tip top shape.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#6 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 7:47 pm

I assume that you aren't including the Knicks, KR. 8)
turk3d
RealGM

Post#7 » by turk3d » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:28 pm

I'm not saying that the most physically fit translate to the best team. Obviously that's not the case here. I'm just saying that with the rigorous training of Nellie's and the entire teams apparent off season conditioning program, the Warriors seem to be at the top of the pack in that regard.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#8 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:33 pm

I think Biedrins and O'Bryant would be better off without Nellie's advice on conditioning...ODB (Old dumb bastard) keeps them too thin.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#9 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:40 pm

My friend actually saw Nellie smack a custard filled croissant out of Patrick's mouth at Stanford Shopping Center. He said it was pretty tough to watch Patty cakes hold back his tears.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#10 » by floppymoose » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:04 pm

Check out the 2nd game of back-to-back record.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#11 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:50 pm

St.Nick wrote:My friend actually saw Nellie smack a custard filled croissant out of Patrick's mouth at Stanford Shopping Center. He said it was pretty tough to watch Patty cakes hold back his tears.

Obee is gonna go "Private Pyle" on Nellie one of these days.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#12 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:51 pm

Oh, and did anyone else notice that Belli has gotten a little flabby sitting on the bench this year? He was noticablly leaner in the summer. Now he's got flabby old lady arms.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#13 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:09 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:Oh, and did anyone else notice that Belli has gotten a little flabby sitting on the bench this year? He was noticablly leaner in the summer. Now he's got flabby old lady arms.

It happens to every European kid that lives in America for the first time.
Remember when you first discovered Jack in the Box?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#14 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 1:03 am

St.Nick wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It happens to every European kid that lives in America for the first time.
Remember when you first discovered Jack in the Box?

Fast food is probably the only vice I've never had. I wasn't pointing that out to dig at you, but it really did catch my attention last night. He's not as fit as he was in the summer, and it was definitely not added muscle.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#15 » by St.Nick » Mon Feb 4, 2008 1:09 am

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Fast food is probably the only vice I've never had. I wasn't pointing that out to dig at you.

Don't worry, I didn't take it that way. Seriously though, every Euro friend of mine that lived in the US has told me that they put on 10+lbs almost immediately after moving there. Too much tasty food packed with preservatives.

Interestingly, I lost 20 lbs in my first six weeks in Europe. Turns out that walking everywhere and not eating junk food is good for you.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#16 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:04 am

I disagree that all NBA teams are in tip-top shape... witness (was it?) Darrell Armstrong hocking down candy bars and coffee to get the energy, and Miami players suspended for having too much body fat. Basketball in general takes a lot of work but you can't tell me if you plopped Cleveland's roster in Oakland those guys wouldn't be sucking wind and bending over, holding onto their shorts.

There's fit, then there's FIT. And running like the Warriors do makes guys really fit. That's one reason the Warriors took the wind out of NOLA's sails, late in the game.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by mistatwo mayn » Mon Feb 4, 2008 4:44 pm

Warriors at best are the 3rd most athletic team...

1) Hotlanta
2) Potland
3) I s'pose GSW

But it is the young teams who are the most athletic (and whom give the Warriors fits).
turk3d
RealGM

Post#18 » by turk3d » Mon Feb 4, 2008 4:57 pm

mistatwo mayn wrote:Warriors at best are the 3rd most athletic team...

1) Hotlanta
2) Potland
3) I s'pose GSW

But it is the young teams who are the most athletic (and whom give the Warriors fits).

Are we talking 1-12 (or 15) here? We are actually talking about physically fit, which does not necessarily translate to athleticism. Athleticism would have be a different poll. I think the Warriors would probably rank pretty high in athleticism too, but I agree, probably not #1.
mudyez
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#19 » by mudyez » Wed Feb 6, 2008 9:10 am

yeah...of course they are and thats why the beat dallas...baron is a freak at his position and jax is too...other than that the guys are just very fast and durable (ellis, biedrins, pietrus)...webber doesnt add to it, but whatever?

I like it...marion was their best parker-defender...shaq cant defend the pick and roll and the gamespeed will take a hit for the suns...not that I bothered about the suns but now I just love to meet them in the playoffs....as for miami: what better supportingduo than marion+haslem can wade dream of?...add a high draftpick and they are back on their way to contention!

OT: Plz take a look at the link in my sig...there are only 1 slot open in the 08-fanatsy-draft (starting after the Allstargame) and it would be a pity if you miss it!

Return to Golden State Warriors