ImageImageImageImageImage

Wonderful Baron documentary from a few years back

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Wonderful Baron documentary from a few years back 

Post#1 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 8:37 pm

Sorry if this is old news, but I just found this documentary on Baron from a few years back.

It definitely is the deepest thing I've seen on Baron as a person and as a leader to his team. There is some great footage of him from behind the scenes.

Watching it makes me feel blessed that we as basketball fans have such an amazing player and person with our favorite team.

Check it out...(find parts 2 and 3 on Youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au6u5R50 ... re=related
DouR46
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#2 » by DouR46 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 8:53 pm

I was watching it the other day on youtube. Found it accidentally, great stuff, I liked the story about his granpa.
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:04 pm

yeah I remember seeing this on tv OUT OF NO WHERE.

It's like they didn't advertise Baron's documentary at all. But when they made a Ray Allen one they had so many commercials about it telling everyone to watch it and what time it would be on. Baron's documentary was more under the radar. But I love it though, you really get a sense of what it's like for him as a Warrior. They should have done a documentary about our run in the playoffs.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#4 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:13 pm

Baron seems like a pompus azz on and off the court, but I don't give a flying sh*t..I love watching Baron play for the warriors..That's all that matters...Sure Bad Baron shows up every now and then..I can live with it...He's a great leader on the court most of the time...He and Jack are both phenominal leaders....

Always blew me away that people cared what Dunleavy was like off the court..On the court he shared the ball ..He was a team player..So why care if thier azzholes off the court? ..It's on the court that matters...Barons' a jerkoff..So what? He a great player when the national TV lights are on...Great heart and guts..Great leader...
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#5 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:17 pm

It's a little early for scotch, isn't it?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#6 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:48 pm

What makes you describe Baron as pompous?

That seems like an odd word to use for his personality.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#7 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:50 pm

Ask the 3 refs and 9 other players who have to wait at center court every game for the great Baron Davis to make his entrance on to the court.

Does 2+2 still = 4 ?
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,718

Post#8 » by floppymoose » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:58 pm

LF75 wrote:Ask the 3 refs and 9 other players who have to wait at center court every game for the great Baron Davis to make his entrance on to the court.

I was wondering when someone was going to mention that. I like Baron, including his personality, but I can understand how the pre-game routine would come off as pompous.

What I like is that he plays hard at both ends. They guy wants to win.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#9 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:04 pm

LF75 wrote:Ask the 3 refs and 9 other players who have to wait at center court every game for the great Baron Davis to make his entrance on to the court.

Does 2+2 still = 4 ?

That never even occurred to me as being significant in any way (still doesn't.)

Pompous is a special condition to me. It conjures a completely different host of images and behaviors - a comically undeserved sense of self importance is a big one. Baron indeed has an inflated self image (not all that disproportionate as Pro Athlete egos go) but his self image is not so far detached from his reality as to have the comic ingredient I would require. The whole persona has to achieve a cetain level of unintentional comedy before it reaches the level of Pompous. If Baron starts wearing a cape and top hat over his warmups (and didn't get the joke) then we'd be talking pompous.

I think you're adding 2 + .0000001123132556 and comming up with 4, but to each their own.

There couldn't be a more subjective topic than the players personality defects, so if Pompous works for you, go with it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#10 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:05 pm

floppymoose wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I was wondering when someone was going to mention that. I like Baron, including his personality, but I can understand how the pre-game routine would come off as pompous.

What I like is that he plays hard at both ends. They guy wants to win.

The thing I dislike about Baron's in-game personality (could give a **** less if he's pompous off-court) is the same thing that you see in elementary school games all the way to the college game... rarely in the pros for so long. These people have the desire to win, but also the desire to be the star of those wins, so much so that they convince themselves the team can't win unless that person comes through unbelievably for them.

A true leader can defer to his teammates, especially when he isn't doing well. Baron has shown flashes off that - but he'll never be that guy. And the truth is, you can see the same fire in Jackson...

I'm OK w/Baron being here as there are no better options... but I'd definitely prefer someone else as our franchise centerpiece... and with our current coach not interested in developing any PF/Cs, this cycle of shuttling in rooks and shuttling out the same rooks will just keep going until a new regime comes in... but we'll always have 40 wins and smallball.
Subaculta
Analyst

Post#11 » by Subaculta » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:14 pm

Sleepy51 wrote: If Baron starts wearing a cape and top hat over his warmups (and didn't get the joke) then we'd be talking pompous.

:rofl: you forgot to mention a monocle... the classic pompous Monopoly/Mr. Peanut look

thanks for the sig Boogie!
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#12 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:18 pm

Haha :lol:
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#13 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:31 pm

Subaculta wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: you forgot to mention a monocle... the classic pompous Monopoly/Mr. Peanut look

Well the monacle goes without saying.
zero
Junior
And1: 5

Post#14 » by zero » Mon Feb 4, 2008 5:17 am

oh snap. this is way better than that reebok joint. thanks for putting the link up.

it does make me miss being in the bay though.
Reverse-D-Curse
Sophomore

Post#15 » by Reverse-D-Curse » Mon Feb 4, 2008 6:42 am

great documentary.

too many scenes with dunleavy in his undies though.

quick someone give him the # to biedrin's tanning salon!!
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#16 » by warriortone » Mon Feb 4, 2008 5:41 pm

This thread is begging for a photshop. Unfortunatley, I lack the skills and the program.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
Slim Jones
Ballboy

Post#17 » by Slim Jones » Mon Feb 4, 2008 8:59 pm

Baron is straight Hollywood.

Examples:
1. Last person on the court, been established.
2. The Beard. He doesn't do this because he 'goes to work' or 'brings his hard hat everyday', he does it because it gets him even more attention. Look at all the corny fake beards worn by fans at the game. There are many players who 'go to work', like Ben Wallace, Charles Oakley, Charles Barkley. Rodman laid it on the line and he had pink and purple hair. Boom goes to work in the playoffs, when there is the most attention possible.
3. Referring to himself in the third person, Boom Dizzle.

I don't care about any of the aforementioned cosmetics, all I care about is the Warriors winning. I am loyal to the team, not the player. If the players are good to the team, then I in turn, am good the players. I gave a standing O to JRich.

Baron has more basketball talent than JRich, and right now, he one of the main reasons why we are winning, so it is all love. But don't think for a second that Baron would be all nice if this wasn't a contract year and/or we weren't winning. Byron Scott is no fool (see his team's record and the way they play), so fans should not be a fool of the current act with The Boomgizzle...take it for what it is.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#18 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:46 pm

1) Players who are happy and nice when they are losing make me nauseous.

2) Ask Jason Kidd about playing for Byron Scott
Slim Jones
Ballboy

Post#19 » by Slim Jones » Mon Feb 4, 2008 10:44 pm

Actually, I could ask Jason Kidd why it didn't work in Dallas AND Phoenix AND New Jersey, and how he seems to leave each team in shambles. Mad love for the Alameda product, but he isn't the source for all things character wise.

And being unhappy and quitting on your team are two different things.

But, it is possible that this is the first situation where personalities are a good fit. I am sure JKidd is jealous of that...
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#20 » by St.Nick » Mon Feb 4, 2008 10:57 pm

Derek Fisher. Now that is a guy with a winning attitude.

Return to Golden State Warriors