ImageImageImageImageImage

Would it be better to send our youngsters to 'D'?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Should we send the young guys down to D who are not playing?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Yes, Send down 3 youngsters to 'D' League
67%
No, Keep them on the active rosters, just don't dress them
33%

Total votes: 6

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Would it be better to send our youngsters to 'D'? 

Post#1 » by turk3d » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:12 pm

Now that the rsoter seems to have been rounded out with the Webber acquisition and the fact that we can only have 12 players suiting up on a regular basis, would it be better to send our youngsters down to the D league for the remainder of the season unless someone gets injured on the main squad or a trade is made?

At least they could get some playing time together rather than wasting away on the bench for the rest of the season the way they have been thus far. In addition, they would have the opportunity to play together and learn each others moves (providing they remain Warriors) which could be beneficial to us in the future. Now that Croshere seems to be back this is the twelve I would keep on the active roster:

Baron
Monta
Jackson
Harrington
Biedrins
Barnes
Pietrus
Azebuike
Watson
Croshere
Webber
O'Bryant (only because he paid his dues last season and is likely gone after this one)

This means that Marco, Wright and Perovic go down where they can at least continue to develop their skills and play some basketball.

When responding to the poll, indicate what your preferences would be if you agree that 3 guys should be sent down if different from what I've posted.

Of course any of them can be brought back up should the need arise.

Thanks for your input.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#2 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:24 pm

If I'm Mullin, I send Nice Story, Nice Story2 to the D league....Then I'd cut the French Trainwreck.
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#3 » by warriortone » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:40 pm

The problem I have with the current strategy is that we love to tout the success of the D League and always reference aforementioned "niceStory1" and "niceStory2" in regards to this issue, then refuse to send the kids we spend millions on down there to reap these same benefits. Asinine.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:47 pm

Sending Wright down would fry me... the D-League is a giant step down from college ball. The best 'in-between' players go play in Europe or elsewhere... every once in a while, a good tools player sticks around because he wants to stay in the States (Benson)... the NBDL is the 'not quite tall enough to be a SG/SF' league...

He should be able to log minutes now... now we have all that good passing Nellie wants, we should be able to get Wright involved a little bit, and have him focus on rebounding, defense, and catching passes thrown to him.
MightyReds2020
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#5 » by MightyReds2020 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:07 pm

the original nicestory is ok. nicestory2 is on the brink and at best a 12th-man. french trainwreck is, well, a trainwreck and should be cut in no time.

Return to Golden State Warriors