And1: 9

Official Old Webber Fan Club Thread 

Post#1 » by Sid the Squid » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:45 am

Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: Official Old Webber Fan Club Thread 

Post#2 » by Sid the Squid » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:48 am

LF75 wrote:Sign up here if you want him with the ball in the halfcourt LF75____ .

I'm in :wave:
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#3 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:55 am

I'm going to withold my vote until I see him play 16 or 17 minutes.

I know, I'm spinelss.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Official Old Webber Fan Club Thread 

Post#4 » by FNQ » Sat Feb 9, 2008 5:01 am

LF75 wrote:Sign up here if you want him with the ball in the halfcourt _____ 510 .

Webb started off real slow... all the W's did. He fit right in, I don't know what everyone's whining about...

If Webb's back in 08/09 then we have to wait another season for Wright to get rid of his braces... I'll never root for that. I want Webb out after the season, I hope he's a fast teacher..
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#5 » by mistatwo mayn » Sat Feb 9, 2008 5:06 am

Webber should have had 20 assists last game.

Fan
DanLanghiOwnsAll
Veteran
And1: 28

Post#6 » by DanLanghiOwnsAll » Sat Feb 9, 2008 6:01 am

I'm in. I've always been a huge fan of him and the haters are just that, haters.

He can straight up pass the ball and plays with his head. That fact alone already puts him above a lot of the players we have on this team. He'll definitely be an asset once he gets his body back into NBA shape.

Bring him back next season. I'd love to see him go through training camp.

This was his first game. No training camp, preseason, November, December, January. You guys wouldn't be dissing on Biedrins if came back a little slower after not playing since the Utah playoff series last year.

Give CWebb a break.

What lost us the game was Baron chucking 3's and Nellie insisting on playing Trainwreck and Barnes together. I would have rather seen an out of shape Webber out there blowing wind and getting beat by the same guys that were beating an in shape Pietrus/Barnes.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,718

Post#7 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 9, 2008 8:14 am

I don't know what to think of CWebb yet. Can he get in reasonable shape? Will he last until then or will he blow a knee or ankle?

I thought the rumor was pretty crazy when it first broke because I worried about his defensive fit. But it wasn't as bad as I feared. He wasn't hugely mobile, but he is still long and he still has quick hands. It might work.

I really need to see him after he is in shape to decide though. But at this point I at least like the gamble. I have no problem with the signing.
gs7101
Pro Prospect
And1: 0
Location: Oakland CA native, living in San Antonio TX; of course, I'm a die-hard Warriors' fan--over 40 years!

Post#8 » by gs7101 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:02 pm

My vote would be for Webber's feet to consistently make their way inside the paint and grab a few rebounds with his hands. If Webber cannot make contributions with his arms and legs, keep his azz on the bench. If his first game was any indication of what's to come, he's a major liability. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :nod:
smotheredinhugs
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#9 » by smotheredinhugs » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:17 pm

Sign me up.

After that first game I'm excited for Andris.

Didn't he get like 8 shots in 12 minutes of Webber being on the floor? And what do you think are the odds of Andris going 4 of 11 from the floor next game?

From what I saw, Webber needs Andris on the floor with him, because he needs a big man to protect his back. His mobility on defense is a big issue.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#10 » by cdubbz » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:37 am

Im not sweating webbers slow start...im givin him a few weeks just to get in shape. i really hope we make the playoffs or else cwebb was a waste to get..i want to see him in the playoffs and help us vs some bigs.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#11 » by turk3d » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:03 pm

I'd say keep him, but not if he's going to play mostly Center. He can't possibly help Biedrens if Nellie has him on the bench when Webber's in.

I'd like to see more Webber and less Harrington at the 4 and neither one of those guys t the 5. I'd rather see POB or even Perovic getting some time there. More play (how about even some) for Wright. I think Webber can fit it, but 1) I don't think he should be starting (unless it's at 4 and Biedrens is in) and I don't think he should be getting more than 15-20 minutes per game.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#12 » by turk3d » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:46 pm

Just read this article in today's morning paper which I found to be very disturbing:

Nelson limiting Webber to center

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_8222995

This is for all you "Genius Nellie lovers".

Barnes plays 22 minutes last night (with his 4-13 shooting) to Biedrens 21 (Beans had only 2 fouls and shot 4-6 with 7 boards and numerous defensive plays). Nellie's making some of these games closer than they should be by not playing the right guys at the right time. F:censored:k his agenda. This has gotten to the point where it's getting very old.

edit:Barnes shot 4-13, not 4-23 (which I'm sure you all knew).
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#13 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:55 pm

+1 for Turk

I'm neutral on Webber's game.

I'm dead set against Nellie's handling of the situation. This is going to blow up in everybodys stupid faces.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?

Return to Golden State Warriors