ImageImageImageImageImage

Biedrins no longer our starting center

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#21 » by KR4 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:02 pm

olbi wrote:Reading latvian press with AB's comments after Kings game I clearly see some bitterness about his current situation in GSW. He does not feel too comfortable and sounds a bit confused..

just a piece of info from across the ocean..

That's the critical reason why this whole Webber thing can completely backfire. Biedrins looks less confidence on O even...its like the addition of Webber makes AB feel inadequate...even though he shouldn't feel that way.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#22 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:17 pm

let's be frank Frank, Nellie doesnt want Biedrins here next year..He's not a Nellie player...Same with POB and Brandan...Mullin is completely powerless...Who in the organization is going to stand up to Nellie? Look at how much money Cohan is making because of Nellie...This is an impossible situation for us long-time sufferer's...

The Kool-Aid drinking homers will never even understand how great this roster could of been..but for us knowledgeable fans, this is going to be brutal to live with.
Luusizz
Senior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Luusizz » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:17 pm

You don't joke with Beans or else he will switch into Dolph Lundgren mode. :D

:rofl: :o :nod:
Unstoppable, baby!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#24 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:20 pm

LF75 wrote:let's be frank Frank, Nellie doesnt want Biedrins here next year..He's not a Nellie player...Same with POB and Brandan...Mullin is completely powerless...Who in the organization is going to stand up to Nellie? Look at how much money Cohan is making because of Nellie...This is an impossible situation for us long-time sufferer's...

The Kool-Aid drinking homers will never even understand how great this roster could of been..but for us knowledgeable fans, this is going to be brutal to live with.

Co-sign, word for word
MbengaforMVP
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#25 » by MbengaforMVP » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Luusizz wrote:You don't joke with Beans or else he will switch into Dolph Lundgren mode. :D

(picture)

:rofl: :o :nod:

Did you know that Dolph Lundgren is extremely intelligent and a Rhodes Scholar? It's bizarre, the stuff you find out on the internet.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#26 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm

The starting lineup of Webber and Harrington

versus the bench of Barnes and Beans is difficult to accept.

But by the time the playoffs come around, it might make a little sense. But only if Webber can sustain his wind.

Webber starting makes some sense from Jim Barnetts perspective. Getting warm and then sitting down is useless for Web. He needs to start games while his body is ready, not go sit down and cool off then come in the game later on.

You can't judge Webber at this point. He has no wind to run up and down yet. It will take at least 10 games to see what is working and what is not. Drawing conclusions on his play right now is lame.

I'm frustrated by Nellie as well as alot of you, but Webbers here, and he's going to allow us to be bigger. I've already seen some flashes of his hands and being able to body big guys, that no-one but Al can even remotely handle.

If you watched the game last night he did oK, the problem was running down the court when one of our guys heaves up a quick shot, and then having to turn and get back again.

Of course his ability to move and guard laterally is not there and it won't be, so let's not get caught up in that.

Beans deserves to start, but Webber's here and because of that, I agree with Beans coming off the bench.

Our second unit looks pretty good when you can bring Beans in there to slow down the other teams. Barnes and Beans make a decent second unit that can really get up and down the floor. You add Monta running the point while Baron sits and we have a unit that can score against the other teams 2nd units.

Monta would have played more with the 2nd unit lst night if not for the 3 fouls he picked up early. So that's why Barnes took the bulk of the shots at that time.

I hope Beans is willing to be the good soldier and do what is asked of him. He has been so far and I expect him to do that.

We can match any offer that comes up next year, so I doubt he bolts.

Monta is turning this into his team. 2 years from now Monta will be the face of the Dubs.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#27 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:26 pm

Mylie10 wrote: I agree with Beans coming off the bench.

You're fricken :crazy:
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:31 pm

Some other Nellie quotes;

"Monta will only become a star if learns to play the point effectively."

Somewhat true, but I think Nellie underestimated this kid. (Just look back to the playoffs and Tay sitting next to Al)

"I see Biedrins as a power forward."

So much for that statement Nells.

The recent quotes about Pietrus are the ones that are really disturbing me. Saying the he deserves more time because he's a veteran. Personally Azubuike has clearly outplayed Petey this year and I'm bummed for Azu. He's a better rebounder and shoots better also. He can handle better and is a thousand times smarter.

I'm tired of all of the mistakes and the stepping out of bounds was the last straw for me. For every good thing he does he compounds it with 3 or 4 bad ones. This guy deserves nothing and he's hurting us.

Did anyone catch the exchange between Baron and Pietrus? lengthy heated discussion at the FT line after Pete came in the game and immediately fouled a guy with a reach.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran

Post#29 » by Yi Jian Lian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:54 pm

Nellie apparently doesn't care about consistency...
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#30 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:55 pm

This board is such a nice place to spend a Sunday evening.
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#31 » by KR4 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Sit frickin Al, not AB...
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#32 » by -bob- » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:45 pm

Well it looks like CWebb is only good for less than 15 min or else he'll pass out and DIE so.. I'm not too worried about Biedrins getting his mins.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#33 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:53 pm

LF75 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You're fricken :crazy:

Way to chop the sentence and take me out of context, you dumb bastard.
Khoee wrote “
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#34 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:00 pm

There's no reasoning that justifies taking Biedrins out of the starting lineup..Right when he and Monta are on fire?...Why would you lessen AB's role? Why would you insult him by playing him 21 minutes off the bench? The kid is a fantastic 21 year old player...He should be 1 of our 3 cornerstones...Why are we doing this? Nobody makes this team go more than Biedrins over the last few weeks....

Jackson and Davis? Their day is done here as leaders..You cant be the leaders when the youngsters are better than you..It just doenst work that way...Webber would be a nice fit to play alongside AB15...I was all for that..But to have him take AB's starting role? To cut down AB's minutes? This is all too crazy..I had to live through the POB debacle..Now this? Nellie says Brandan "may see a little time next year, we'll see" ? WFT is this?
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:10 pm

Are you being serious LF?

You know better than most the tendancies of nelson.

You predicted Beans getting a reduced role as soon as Webber admitted to coming here.

Don't act all surprised.

Deal in reality when discussing Nellie. We have to look at it as to what is with Nellie, not to what we want it to be.

What is, is Webs HERE. He is gonna play right away to work into shape, and then we can truly make an evaluation on the team.

Beans gets the short end of the stick, but considering the players involved, I can see why Don's doing it.

Beans is the future here and even Nellie knows that. He's not leaving this summer so don't sweat it.
Khoee wrote “
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#36 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:17 pm

I'm really worried..I don't think AB or Brandan are in Nellie's plans...Mullin is probably holding Nelson off for now..But when push comes to shove? I think Nellie brainwashes Mullin...

Nelson really does think Webber "is the best center i have."..Nelson really did think back in October "the center spot (AB-POB) is the weakest position on my team."...Nellie is not an AB man...Not at all...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:20 pm

When AB comes back next year with the Manute 3, Nellie will fall in love.
Khoee wrote “
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#38 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:26 pm

LF75 wrote:There's no reasoning that justifies taking Biedrins out of the starting lineup..Right when he and Monta are on fire?...Why would you lessen AB's role? Why would you insult him by playing him 21 minutes off the bench? The kid is a fantastic 21 year old player...He should be 1 of our 3 cornerstones...Why are we doing this? Nobody makes this team go more than Biedrins over the last few weeks....

Jackson and Davis? Their day is done here as leaders..You cant be the leaders when the youngsters are better than you..It just doenst work that way...Webber would be a nice fit to play alongside AB15...I was all for that..But to have him take AB's starting role? To cut down AB's minutes? This is all too crazy..I had to live through the POB debacle..Now this? Nellie says Brandan "may see a little time next year, we'll see" ? WFT is this?

You're blurring two things, though. If Webber demonstrated/demonstrates that he is a useful piece to this team, then I could probably buy into the Nelson/Barnett argument and say, "Webber is only going to play 15 minutes, but there are practical reasons to play him the first 7 minutes of each half." I'm as big a Biedrins fan as anyone, and I could possibly get used to that.

The tough one to swallow, however, is playing Goose only 21 minutes. I can't see any reason for that other than if he was playing like crap, and that wasn't the case. When Biedrins is doing what he does and only plays 21 minutes, then Nelson has lost perspective or memory or something.

And this is complicated by the fact that so far Webber hasn't shown he's a valuable member of this team. I'm not saying he should have by now, and he still could, but for a guy who always says his players need to earn their minutes, Nelson sure seems willing to offer Webber a free pass.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
acidicality
Junior
And1: 0

Post#39 » by acidicality » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:30 pm

I agree-Andris deserves to get way more than 21 minutes..when I watch games a lot of times I find myself wondering why the hell we have a certain lineup out there...but I guess it's just Nellie. But I also think it might be to lower his value in the offseason (not saying it is, but just a possibility)...cuz it seems right now it's very obvious Monta will command a pretty hefty pricetag.

I think Brandan WILL be in Nellie's plans, IMO, maybe starting next year...but I have a horrible feeling POB is gonna blossom elsewhere and make us regret it.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#40 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:38 pm

I don't believe Brandan's not ready to take on a role this year, and a major role next season...That's just Nellie being brain dead...You guys have seen him..He's ready..He doesnt make stupid mistakes..Sure his defense is immature..So what? You think Webber's a defensive force? Wright broke the frosh record for ACC FG% at 64%..He plays within himself ...The kid is ready to take all of the scrubs minutes...Nellie is just brainwashing Mullin and most of us.

Return to Golden State Warriors