ImageImageImageImageImage

"Webber is my best center." --Don Nelson-- Feb 9,

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Head Leader
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#61 » by Head Leader » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:04 am

LF75 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It seems to me he never shows up at Oracle..I wonder if he's going to LA between home games and even pratice?..He's totally out of touch with this season...

On the road? I havnt seen the Bad Baron since our last LA trip.

just a thought.. but what if his grandmother is sick?

not saying its fact.. but would that justify his play at all?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#62 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:08 am

510Reggae wrote:There's always a reason/excuse for Baron's lax play.... I dont see the heart of a champion here at all... Jax on the other hand :o

And "lax" is a deceptive description. He played hard last night. He just sucked. He was driving and trying to focus on passing rather than "shooting himself out of it" early, but he still has his head up his ass so that didn't help either.

On the defensive end, he was just playing like he stunk. He seemed to get out of position and foul jumpshooters quite vigorously.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#63 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:13 am

510Reggae wrote:There's always a reason/excuse for Baron's lax play.... I dont see the heart of a champion here at all... Jax on the other hand :o

Jack didn't have the heart of a champion when he was throwing temper tantrums on the floor a couple of games ago.

He looked like he had the heart of an ****.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#64 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:16 am

Jax loves to complain

But you can never say he plays w/o passion... I look at Baron and I dont see that.

Jax has a completely separate problem... hes waaaaaaaay too emotional. But if I wanted to build an NBA Champion, I'd take Capn Jack over Baron no problem...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#65 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:46 am

510Reggae wrote:Jax loves to complain

But you can never say he plays w/o passion... I look at Baron and I dont see that.

Jax has a completely separate problem... hes waaaaaaaay too emotional. But if I wanted to build an NBA Champion, I'd take Capn Jack over Baron no problem...

Yawn.

I'm as unimpressed by Jack demonstrative tantrums as I am by Baron's penchant for sulking.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#66 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:49 am

Monta's demeanor impresses me. The best players I ever saw kept all that BS inside and used it as fuel. The self control it takes not to be an emotional jackass is the same kind of self control it takes to be great.

Before Al started working hard last night, before Jack's heroic close, and before Baron dragged himself up off the carpet, Monta was winning that game last night. He played as though he would just do it by himself if the other guys wouldn't come with him. He was the guy who kept that game alive in the 2nd and 3rd. Monta has that tunnel vision thing. He can put his head down and ignore all the BS and just focus on one thing that matters.

In about 3 years, neither Baron nor Jack will be able to hold his jock as a leader.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#67 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:50 am

gsw510 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

just a thought.. but what if his grandmother is sick?

not saying its fact.. but would that justify his play at all?

If he was visiting a sick grandmother, he probably would have been with family not at the Grammy's.

It is what it is, but the numbers say it's irrelevant.
heyjohnny
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#68 » by heyjohnny » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:17 am

You guys should let Webber have a couple of weeks, instead of a couple of games, to get acclimated. Nellie is not an idiot. Neither is Mullin.
Give CWebb a chance before you all toss him out the door.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#69 » by turk3d » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:22 am

Cwebb is cool, he's just not the best center on this team. It's our idiot (at times) coach who stated that.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#70 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:43 am

Of course, Webber has been no shining beacon. I hope he improves as he gets in game shape. And if not, I assume his minutes will be even more constricted than they are now (13.7 MPG). But right now, Biedrins is playing more than C-Webb, which is as it should be.

But it's also not fair to pin all of the Warriors struggles on Webber... there's lots of blame to go around. For one: Baron! What's up with his game lately? He's still the Warriors' best player, but he's been MIA for a while, and it's amazing the Warriors have been able to win "without" him.

Vanhoo wrote:He didn't put Biedrins in that group that Webber is better then, he's talking about the centers he doesn't even play ( POB and Kosta ) he says it right in the Q & A with Tim.

:nod:

People who don't like Nellie shouldn't let it color every observation they make about the team, lest they risk irrelevancy on this board (and if you don't mind that outcome, why not just have a conversation with yourself, off-line?).

Anyone without an agenda can see from several statements Nellie has made (including today on KNBR) that Nellie thinks: Biedrins>Webbber>Al/POB/Kosta (at center). How is that so wrong?

'Laki, defending Nellie and bashing 510 are not the same thing... I'm coming along to the B-Wright should be playing more stance, if for no other reason than because it's clear the Warriors are much better when they play all-out, scrambling defense, and it takes depth to do that over 48 minutes. But that does not mean Nellie hates Biedrins or has some hidden agenda against POB.
Subaculta
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#71 » by Subaculta » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:50 am

turk3d wrote:Cwebb is cool, he's just not the best center on this team. It's our idiot (at times) coach who stated that.

Nellie was on KNBR today and without a doubt made it clear that Andris is his best big man. He backed off of the statement that Chris will be getting 25 mins a game...

find me a statement where Nellie claims CWebb is the best Center on this team.

thanks for the sig Boogie!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#72 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:53 am

jrhester wrote:But that does not mean Nellie hates Biedrins or has some hidden agenda against POB.

The famed scarecrow argument... no one w/a credible basketball mind said that (in seriousness)
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#73 » by FaTaL » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:01 am

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's a REAL early call to make on the offensive end. Smart, gimpy, big players have helped offenses before. He's basically the black Sabonis. Webber can add something positive once he fits in. (P.S. note to big slow dude: fitting in does not = demanding starting promises from the coach. Glad to see you grew up. :roll: )

It's the defensive end where he's a traveshamockery. We're going to have to make wholesale changes to how we approach D if the NBA isn't going to let him ride his Rascal on the court.

he shouldnt be starting, its a damn layup drill with him in there. if webber started wtih beans maybe it works but this starting crap has to stop!
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#74 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:41 pm

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#75 » by turk3d » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:58 pm

Subaculta wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Nellie was on KNBR today and without a doubt made it clear that Andris is his best big man. He backed off of the statement that Chris will be getting 25 mins a game...

find me a statement where Nellie claims CWebb is the best Center on this team.

The above is the name of this thread. Ask the poster who started it where it came from. I'm just responding to what was posted. Maybe Nellie has changed his tune on it. It wouldn't be the first time. If he did say it (and I don't know for sure, I just presumed the poster got this from some legitimate soure and I see no reason he would have made it up. Another one of Nellie's "motivational tactics" perhaps?
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#76 » by old rem » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:31 pm

turk3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The above is the name of this thread. Ask the poster who started it where it came from. I'm just responding to what was posted. Maybe Nellie has changed his tune on it. It wouldn't be the first time. If he did say it (and I don't know for sure, I just presumed the poster got this from some legitimate soure and I see no reason he would have made it up. Another one of Nellie's "motivational tactics" perhaps?

If Nellie said that...ot's cause for some alarm. Why did Phila pay him off-just go away...why did the Pisons not give him another year-or anyone grab him sooner? If we said--anyone wants Biedrins...it just costs a matching salary...the phones would melt. Even WEBBER probably can't believe he's our best C. he's a over the hill PF with bad wheels and weak D. The question is whether he's even as good as Croshere.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Golden State Warriors