ImageImageImageImageImage

Fool ('s Gold) me once...

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#21 » by St.Nick » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:12 am

Which young centers has he screwed in the past who came back to become great players after he left?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#22 » by FNQ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:59 am

Argument of convenience... why draft a talented PF/C while Nellie's in charge?

In 26 years Nellie's never ran into a big man with talent? Never had the opportunity to sign or trade for one? Please... Scarecrow tactics are failing now, as Nellie begins dissecting his favorite franchise for the 2nd time, 4th for Nellie's career.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#23 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:26 am

510Reggae wrote:Argument of convenience... why draft a talented PF/C while Nellie's in charge?

In 26 years Nellie's never ran into a big man with talent? Never had the opportunity to sign or trade for one? Please... Scarecrow tactics are failing now, as Nellie begins dissecting his favorite franchise for the 2nd time, 4th for Nellie's career.
I remember Nellie saying in 1990 "he's always been cursed when it comes to finding a talented center."....Then last night he said the exact same quote on the Sacramento pregame broadcast..."Ive been cursed when it comes to big men"...this is 17 years later..He's had Webber and Ewing and Biedrins and O'Bryant and who ever the F else he has avoided trading for.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#24 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:32 am

510Reggae wrote:Argument of convenience... why draft a talented PF/C while Nellie's in charge?

I won't claim to know all 26 years, but in his first tour with the Warriors, the only bigs he "passed up" were Kemp (Hardaway draft) and Vlade. There were basically no other successful (career starter) big men drafted after Nellie's pick in the rest of his Warrior drafts.

He's had a tremendous amount of bad luck with big men. I guess you could say he should have created his own luck and lost more games for draft position, or traded up more often, but just the fact that he wasn't in position to pick any of that era's decent bigs is a pretty big handicap.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#25 » by Mylie10 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:40 am

Nellie did play with arguably the best big man of all time in Russell. He does know how valuable they are.

He was absolutely exstatic when he got Webber and gave up alot to get him the first time around.

Some of it is circumstantial.

Nellie is a mad scientist no doubt about that one.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by FNQ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:44 am

So long as the headline reads "NELSON TRADES FOR WEBBER!" or so long as he's the headline, of course...

I'm stuck between who wants more attention... Baron or Nellie...

At least Nellie wants it from basketball people? :dontknow:

They did their job in not making us a joke any longer... thanks fellas... but your services are no longer required.

Good luck in Hollywood, Baron :burger:

Enjoy retirement, for the 5th or 6th time (hard to remember with so many teams you've left for dead), Nellie :party:
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#27 » by GSWhoopfan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:51 am

St.Nick wrote:Funny how Beans has put up his two best statistical seasons by far under Nellie.

Exactly

but then the critics say...AB should be producing twice his rate but Nellie doesnt play his bigs. If Biedrins would play 40 mpg, hes be a 25 and 15 player...blah blah blah...and choir goes on
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#28 » by GSWhoopfan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:53 am

510Reggae wrote:I'm stuck between who wants more attention... Baron or Nellie...

and im stuck between who wants more attention...510Reggae or LF75
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by FNQ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:06 am

It must eat you alive that people are seeing what Nellie is doing to the team... it took him taking Biedrins to task for no reason...

Return to Golden State Warriors