ImageImageImageImageImage

Nellie's hidden Agenda?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#41 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Thugleavy34 wrote:I don't want Miller. I'd rather us make a trade for a guy like Dorrell Wright/John Salmons/Mikki Moore, guys that would fit in to the group of guys we have, or if we're willing to give up a lot than a J Smoove or the like.

Why would Miller be any better than Marco?

Anyway....we've played Memphis a couple of times and it was VERY easy to shut down Miller both times.... Meet him way out top and force him to drive.... Game over....

I like Miller as an ADDED player...but not if we have to give up anyone other than Pietrus or POB...
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#42 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:35 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Why would Miller be any better than Marco?

Was that sarcastic?

Miller can shoot, Miller can board, and Miller can handle in traffic. What exactly can Marco do even as well as Miller?

Miller is Belli's ceiling, and it's there's no guarantee Beli ever gets there.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#43 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:39 pm

LF75 wrote:I dont want Miller...All he can do is shoot..We dont need another scorer..Sh*t...Let's get the ball down low to Andris..Lets post up Baron..Lets get Monta's $$$$ midranger going all night long..Let's have Jack on the floor to defend the wing...Miller? Miller sucks donkey balls.

What kind of balls do Pete, Bukie and CJ suck?

I like the idea of Miller to officially put an end to those guys, not to take shots away from Monta (or Dre if he ever got touches.) And Miller scores without ballhoggin. He's become a good player away from the ball. We could use more of that.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#44 » by Mylie10 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:39 pm

I guess some of you guys don't remember Miller on the 50 win Memphis Grizzlies.

I love his handles and his shot can absolutely take over a game as long as he has a supporting cast. We have that here.

His rebounding is better than both Jax and Al.

Having 2 guys who shoot over 40% from 3 would also be huge for us.

Miller's not the best one on one defender, but as a passing lane guy, I think he's OK.

I don't want to trade Al this year. Next year when Wright's ready to take over, then sure move him. (by the way I would play BW right now, but Nellie won't so I'm dealing in reality).

Warrick and Miller would be great, but Warrick's cheap enough for the Griz right now that they're better off keeping him.

Miller as another piece off the bench is nice and it makes us even more dangerous.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#45 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:44 pm

Checking Miller's +/- results we have....

07-08 = 3rd from the bottom on the griz roster
06-07 = 2nd from the bottom
05-06 = the bottom of the grizzlies recieving big minutes..

My eye's were right.

Miller sucks donkey balls.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mylie10 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:45 pm

LF75 wrote:Checking Miller's +/- results we have....

My eye's were right.

LF FTW :bowdown:
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Head Leader
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#47 » by Head Leader » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:46 pm

what were stepehn jackson and Al's +/- before they got here?

FWIW i HATE that stat. its STUPID
"I am the Head leader, it all starts with me." - Monta Ellis

www.amuseaudio.com
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#48 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Jack was the pacers 2nd best +/- player (behind JO) before we traded for him...

Al was 3rd.....

+/- should rule the hoops world.

Get rid of PPG.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#49 » by Mylie10 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:59 pm

LF75 wrote:Jack was the pacers 2nd best +/- player (behind JO) before we traded for him...

Al was 3rd.....

+/- should rule the hoops world.

Get rid of PPG.

LF,

Can you check KThomas, Artest with the Kings, and Sam Cassell the last 2 years please?

Those are my guys for this years deadline.
Khoee wrote “
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#50 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I guess some of you guys don't remember Miller on the 50 win Memphis Grizzlies.

I love his handles and his shot can absolutely take over a game as long as he has a supporting cast. We have that here.

His rebounding is better than both Jax and Al.

Having 2 guys who shoot over 40% from 3 would also be huge for us.

Miller's not the best one on one defender, but as a passing lane guy, I think he's OK.

I don't want to trade Al this year. Next year when Wright's ready to take over, then sure move him. (by the way I would play BW right now, but Nellie won't so I'm dealing in reality).

Warrick and Miller would be great, but Warrick's cheap enough for the Griz right now that they're better off keeping him.

Miller as another piece off the bench is nice and it makes us even more dangerous.

Are people assumming Miller has to start? I was thinking of this as adding a real NBA player in place of the dregs of our bench. There's almost constant griping about the bad ballhandling, decisionmaking and lack of NBA ability between Bukie, Pete and CJ.

Adding Miller at the cost of some combination of TE, Pete, Beli, Pick gives us a credible bench player with NBA ability.

This is not intended to solve the frontcourt problems we've got, or revolutionize the team, but he's a guy Nellie would play, who would improve our depth at the positions where Nellie places the most emphasis.

what's to hate? (relatively speaking)
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#51 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Mylie10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LF,

Can you check KThomas, Artest with the Kings, and Sam Cassell the last 2 years please?

Those are my guys for this years deadline.
Kurt was ranked 2nd for Phoenix last year in +/-/MIN...this year he's 2nd or 3rd for Seattle depending on how you want to interpet the stats

Crazy Ron Ron leads the kings this year and was 3rd last season.

Sam I Am was 2nd or 3rd on the clips in 06-07...He right in the middle this year.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#52 » by Mylie10 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:08 pm

LF75 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kurt was ranked 2nd for Phoenix last year in +/-/MIN...this year he's 2nd or 3rd for Seattle depending on how you want to interpet the stats

Crazy Ron Ron leads the kings this year and was 3rd last season.

Sam I Am was 2nd or 3rd on the clips in 06-07...He right in the middle this year.

Thanks, I feel better about my eyes now.
Khoee wrote “
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#53 » by Thugleavy34 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Do you like him better than Pete or CJ?

:lol:

Hell yes, but not if we can't resign Monta or Beans. But if that's not the case and we can get him for something like Pietrus/CJ/POB, I'm all for it. But I doubt it.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#54 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:40 pm

Thugleavy34 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hell yes, but not if we can't resign Monta or Beans. But if that's not the case and we can get him for something like Pietrus/CJ/POB, I'm all for it. But I doubt it.

I'm obviously ignoring all salary cap implications. As I've ranted about for months, Cohan isn't taking on any long term salary obligations. This is all just hypothetical.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#55 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:58 pm

LF75 wrote:Checking Miller's +/- results we have....

My eye's were right.

That's some solid evidence. The only things I'd ask about are
#1 Gasol has some stinky years there also.
#2 In 04-05 Miller was amongst their best - what was different? Was that the year he played a lot of PG for Jwill?
#3 How does he compare to Pete, Bukie and CJ?

Thereare clearly some balls of some sort being sucked here. The +/-numbers definitely have a chilling effect on the idea (especially at 9mil per) but as long as I'm spending Cohan's money and not mine, I wonder if he would be an asset replacing the scrubs in our guard rotation.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#56 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:03 pm

I'm just not a fan of players who make hard shots for a living..I like the guys who live off easy scoring oppurtunities, like Monta or Andris..Brandan in the future..My problem with Belinelli from last summer was that all he ever seemed to be great at was making really tough 3 point shots...Making them with a guy all over him...Jack bugs me in that way too..He seems to be at his best when the shot is tough..I'm not a big fan of that...Sure it's great when you're looking down at the shot clock going 3,2,1..but I'm not talking about those...
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#57 » by Thugleavy34 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:05 pm

LF75 wrote:I'm just not a fan of players who make hard shots for a living..I like the guys who live off easy scoring oppurtunities, like Monta or Andris..Brandan in the future..My problem with Belinelli from last summer was that all he ever seemed to be great at was making really tough 3 point shots...Making them with a guy all over him...Jack bugs me in that way too..He seems to be at his best when the shot is tough..I'm not a big fan of that...Sure it's great when you're looking down at the shot clock going 3,2,1..but I'm not talking about those...

THERE IT IS. I was trying to pinpoint it but couldn't. Jax has the ability makes easy baskets for other players, so I like him, but it's a give and take thing.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#58 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:27 pm

LF75 wrote:I'm just not a fan of players who make hard shots for a living..I like the guys who live off easy scoring oppurtunities, like Monta or Andris..Brandan in the future..My problem with Belinelli from last summer was that all he ever seemed to be great at was making really tough 3 point shots...Making them with a guy all over him...Jack bugs me in that way too..He seems to be at his best when the shot is tough..I'm not a big fan of that...Sure it's great when you're looking down at the shot clock going 3,2,1..but I'm not talking about those...

There it is,
Miller's good +/- year coincided with the year that Jwill was his most effective in Memphis. Miller shot 51% and lived off of assisted jump shots that year. Put him with a good PG situation and he could be of benefit. Put him with CJ and you'll get crap. I guess that doesn't make him good 2nd unit material, but as a 6 man maybe?

I just REALLY want a guard who isn't a crappy 3ball shooter on this team. It encourages ball movement and takes the gun out of Jack's hands. :pray:
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#59 » by St.Nick » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:31 pm

Mike Miller was an absolute stud in the Olympic Team qualifying tournament a few summer's back (yeah, he's part of that team). The reason being, he just took wide open three pointers.

The Warriors are similar to the Olympic team in that they run the ball down your throat. So when you've got a running team and a guy that can stop on a dime and drill it out to 25 feet, your team can only get better.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#60 » by azwfan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:32 pm

Mike Miller is shooting 50% from the field, 80% ft, and 43% from 3pt. Sounds like he makes just about everything.

Also, where are you getting your +/- stats from? I checked out 82games.com and Mike Miller is highly ranked on his team by Roland rating (whatever that is).

Thanks.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.

Return to Golden State Warriors