And1: 108

Post#221 » by bballguy50 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:56 am

To make it worse, we're 9th now.

Nellie's gotta go after this year.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#222 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:16 am

You dumb bastards - Jazz have lost THREE games in Salt Lake all season. Roadkills there include Cleveland, New Orleans, Lakers, Dallas, Portland, Phoenix, Orlando, and San Antonio. Save your reactionary Nellie must go's and Patrick must plays for sometime you might actually need them.
The Big Dog
Lead Assistant
And1: 31

Post#223 » by The Big Dog » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:39 am

I really like watching the Warriors, I like what Nellie has done with the team.

However, Biedrins is one of my favorite players, and every minute I watch of him is a productive one. I can't say the same for Webber. Are you guys all as confused as I am? Is he trying to break Webber in, sustaining losses for a greater goal? Or is this just stupidity?
"I have not so strong body." - Jonas Valanciunas on why his game is similar to Chris Bosh's.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#224 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:56 am

Dog, Nellie has said he prefers Webber to start because he's old and creaky and going right in after warmups is better than sitting on the bench and coming in and out. So Webber has generally started the 1st and 3rd Qs, but Biedrins has gotten more minutes.

Also, sometimes Nellie likes to sit Biedrins to start in order to go with an ultra-quick smallball squad, with Harrington at center.

People around here love Biedrins, and there has been a fair amount of consternation by a handful of posters that Biedrins doesn't always start, get as many minutes as they'd like, or have many plays run for him.

Probably the best overall analysis of the situation I've seen is here:

http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/warriors ... -contract/

If you're really a Biedrins fan and are interested in this question, you should check it out.
nbenmargi
Senior
And1: 1

Post#225 » by nbenmargi » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:03 am

Hahahaha, It's the same story after every loss and even most wins: "I hate Nellie cause he doesn't play the bigs enough!"

Someone call the WAAAAmbulance! Nellie plays to win and that's the bottom line. How long is it going to take you guys to realize and come to terms with that?
Golden State of Mind
Senior
And1: 0

Post#226 » by Golden State of Mind » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 am

510Reggae wrote:Everytime I think that this is a new Warrior low, Nellie takes it as a personal challenge.

The only thing worse than being stuck in a 30-40 win rut is being stuck in a 40-50 win rut with a bunch of casual fans telling me how lucky we are.

:rofl: it must be tough being so much smarter than everyone else :roll:
djdamon
Junior
And1: 3

Post#227 » by djdamon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:34 am

Utah just pushes us around, they kill us. :roll:
Coxy wrote:
Time will tell, but my money is on Larry Riley looking like a pillow biting ass master in the long run.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#228 » by turk3d » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:43 am

Hester, your article indicates that Andris is "more" effective when he plays more minutes for the most part so I don't see what that article is really telling us. What the f** is he playing Croshere so many minutes for in last nights game? He was totally inneffective. He moves just about as slow as Webber.

This looks to me like Nellie's tanking in order to force Mullin's hand to trade someone that he does not want to trade. What he's doing with Biedrins is really bothering me a great deal. With all this uncertainty I think its affecting Beans game too. He doesn't look as confident as he's looked in the past and during times this season. My question is, is Nellie about to "screw up" another big man for us? Nellie's rotations are really hurting us. As I said in one of my previous posts, we've lucked out in some of our recent wins the ways he's playing it and if it weren't for almost superhuman efforts by some our guys in close games, our record would be much worse than it is.

We are only 5 down towards the end of the half, he brings in Croshere at the 3:29 mark and then takes out Biedrens at the 1:32 mark (while they're only down by 3) leaves in Croshere for the remainder of the quarter and what happens? Utah has a 10 point run in the last minute to go up by 13 and that's the game. Who does he have Croshere covering? Korver who hits some wide open 3s on him. Nellie's defensive strategy: Croshere guarding Korver? Either Sloans so much better of a coach than Nellie or Nellie's intentionally sabotaging the game in order to get what he wants in terms of players.

Is Biedrens performances as of late going to mitigate our feelings when he's moved under the auspices that we are trying to win "now"? I hope not, but I am extremely worried, especially when we are in a game and actually had a shot to possibly beat them against the one team who still seems to have our number this season and then all of a sudden we fall apart because of some terrible substitutions that Nellie maes. Right now we are no longer a playoff team. Who is Nellie going to bring in to solve that? And at who's expense? The bottom line is that the best we probably can do will be to make the 8th seed no matter who he brings in. I can't see losing Beans for that. I'm starting to get disgusted and really frustrated with the "man love" some people here seem to have for Nellie.

How can we go from a team who's holding it's own for most of the first half to a team that gets blown out the rest of the game? That to me is definitely coaching. Sloan totally has it over Nellie as far as coaching ability.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#229 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:18 pm

So here's the gameflow from last night.
http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gamef ... ame=GSWUTH

What jumps out to me is how few minutes our best 5 players were allowed to play together. Take a look at the lineup +/- in the middle section. The "fab five" hardly saw the floor together at all last night. I realize that we had over a quarter of garbage time, and they certainly would have seen some more minutes together in a competitive 4th, but I can fathom the logic of that first half.

Here's how the various lineups have performed together throughout the season.
http://www.82games.com/0708/0708GSW2.HTM
There is absosmurfly 0 room to argue who our best 5 players in combination are. So why didn't they play together last night?

I think the answer is that Nellie is still grappling with the same issue he's been struggling with all season. Our bench sucks. Out top 5 are amongst the best in the league. Nellie is still trying to find a way to "steal" some of the talent from that unit so that he can "reserve" some talent for the bench. I understand the thought process, but I remain unconvinced by the result.

I don't believe that it's easier to get a head of steam running uphill. I don't believe that weakening the starting unit so that you can plug in a talented player as a smokejumper is smart. I think dilluting our starters (or even if you don't start them, not making them the primary unit) hurts everyone. Obviously there's the chemistry affect of going away from your unit that has played the most minutes together. But also, our bench, our subs would make better contributions if they were comming into games where the top 5 had already set a good tone and rtythm.

I think Nellie is making this harder than it has to be. I really believe he is down a wrong path here, and irrespective of how good the Jazz (Harp & Korver) were primed to be last night, Nellie is making the games where he doesn't start, or FEATURE the "fab five" more challenging than they need to be.

We may have still gotten smoked last night, but each minute, each quarter, each game is part of a larger whole. I suspect that Nellie is trying to invest in cultivating a "deeper" rotation for the playoffs, but the way the first half was managed last night was really bad. It seems he's trying to force something that just may not be there. We need each and every game in this playoff race, I don't see a lot of room to keep trying to build a better mousetrap when you have a core lineup with a >60% wining percentage.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#230 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:23 pm

P.S. if you have time, scan a few more of those gameflows for the last month, Fab 5 minutes together have trended down, and absolutely cratered since the Webber signing.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#231 » by Mylie10 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:22 pm

Croshere played horrible last night, but he has to get back to game speed.

Beans didn't play much last night because we got down by 25 and we play the Celtics tonight.

Overall that stretch of shooting by the Jazz was amazing.

A few less shots going down and we were in that one.

for a while in the first half I felt like we were better than them.

Jax just wasn't himself and Baron getting injured has me worried.

I hope those two can tough it out tonight.

Mista, get on the game thread, we need some mojo!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#232 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:59 pm

jrhester wrote:http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/warriors ... -contract/

If you're really a Biedrins fan and are interested in this question, you should check it out.

:rofl: The guy counts blocked shots as defense essentially... I love how he concludes at the end (after counting blocked shots) is that Andris produces regardless...

Duh... :banghead:

This 'article' is worse than a lot of posts here... it has stats that dont mean anything and it draws conclusions (the fouling, for one) that aren't anything but guesses, and not ones he can back up even. So Beans fouls? When? In flurry? Does he foul and then come off the court, or does he is able to foul because he knows he won't be on it too long? Its really poorly written.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#233 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:01 pm

nbenmargi wrote:Hahahaha, It's the same story after every loss and even most wins: "I hate Nellie cause he doesn't play the bigs enough!"

Someone call the WAAAAmbulance! Nellie plays to win and that's the bottom line. How long is it going to take you guys to realize and come to terms with that?

Homer squad loves to come out after the -brutal- game was over...

If Nellie plays to win he's a complete failure... he's never won the big thing, he's a regular season winner... he can take scrubs and win more than anyone else could with them... so what when it doesn't build towards anything... hell it might not even get us into the playoffs :lol:
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#234 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:12 pm

^ can't say I understand why anyone would be gleeful about that, but to each their own. . .
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#235 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:17 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:^ can't say I understand why anyone would be gleeful about that, but to each their own. . .

If we win 50 games, we might be the worst team to ever do that... I'd love to have a lottery pick this season, hopefully w/Nellie out the door... so much potential in this draft, the 1st half of it will be loooooaded :nod:

With as many holes as this team has, would you rather draft 13th (Kevin Love area) or 20th (the DJ White area :blank:)
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#236 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:30 pm

510Reggae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If we win 50 games, we might be the worst team to ever do that... I'd love to have a lottery pick this season, hopefully w/Nellie out the door... so much potential in this draft, the 1st half of it will be loooooaded :nod:

With as many holes as this team has, would you rather draft 13th (Kevin Love area) or 20th (the DJ White area :blank:)

Honestly, I'd rather start dealing some of these less than useful pick (I DO NOT mean Brandan) for guys who can actually play now . . . but talented guys that you would trade 1sts for come with big boy NBA contracts, not on vet minimum 1 years.

P.S. the whole "casual fan" thing is pushing hard for lamest catchphrase of the season status, rapidly closing on "agendas." You yourself have spent quite a bit of time over the last couple of years telling people not to judge your "fanhood" just because you have a different take.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#237 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:36 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Honestly, I'd rather start dealing some of these less than useful pick (I DO NOT mean Brandan) for guys who can actually play now . . . but talented guys that you would trade 1sts for come with big boy NBA contracts, not on vet minimum 1 years.

P.S. the whole "casual fan" thing is pushing hard for lamest catchphrase of the season status, rapidly closing on "agendas." You yourself have spent quite a bit of time over the last couple of years telling people not to judge your "fanhood" just because you have a different take.

Oh noes! Does this mean I can't sit by you at lunch anymore?

I have a pro-Warriors agenda... guilty... I really dont give 2 craps about anyone on the board... sorry if its lame or I offend people, but I dont go out firing the 1st shots here... call them like I see them, and people hate when I'm correct :banghead:
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#238 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:42 pm

510Reggae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh noes! Does this mean I can't sit by you at lunch anymore?

I have a pro-Warriors agenda... guilty... I really dont give 2 craps about anyone on the board... sorry if its lame or I offend people, but I dont go out firing the 1st shots here... call them like I see them, and people hate when I'm correct :banghead:

Oh, I wan't calling you offensive. I was calling you a hypocrite.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#239 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:46 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh, I wan't calling you offensive. I was calling you a hypocrite.

How? Because I laugh at people when they say I'm not a fan?

Essential to the formula is me caring what the board thinks... gimme a break :roll:

If I wanted to be everyone's hero... I'd start talking about people's personalities, which has become the new big thing here... glad to see you got swept up by the trend as well. :thumbsup:

Its hilarious to be at work, get off work and see that people are talking about my personality on a Warriors board :D is anyone here capable of focusing on the message?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#240 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:50 pm

[quote="510Reggae"][/quote]

I'm confused.

I thought I was talking about the message, not your personality. You have stated (righteously) that calling other folks "fanhood" into quesiton is weak sauce. I have come to agree with your message there. But, recently, you have repeated a seemingly contradictory "message" that there are "lesser" fans out there, and their lesserdom is defined by their disagreement with your perspective on things.

I was just confused, and it seemed kinda hypocritical. That's not a personality judgement. It's a judgement of your message.

If I were going to talk about your personality, I'd call you crazy again. :wink:

However, you have clearly stated, and it is duly noted that you don't care about interacting with anyone here. . . so why post here? It seems like you expend a lot of energy to preach your gospel amongst folks you don't give a squat about. . . what's the point?

Return to Golden State Warriors