ImageImageImageImageImage

Conventional wisdom at game 54

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Conventional wisdom at game 54 

Post#1 » by Mylie10 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:47 pm

Man that win last night was great. It only took Nellie 54 games to realize everyone's natural strength positions.

One thing Webber does for us is to run plays in the half court. He was actually good against Garnett last night.

Webber allows us to play bigger and the overall affect of that is good for the team.

Nellie's reluctance to play Pietrus and Barnes at the 4 will only help us to be better.

I'm not against small ball, but last night should prove to Nellie that this team can play with anyone in a halfcourt style. We did run, but the conventional lineup was what did it for us.

Hopefully Nellie keeps everyone where they belong and keeps 2 bigs out there for most of the time.

It was nice to see......Finally!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#2 » by DLeagueAllStars » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Actually was just going to mention something about that

About Webbers Defense, I have noticed that is one on one post up D isnt that bad, but anytime he has to rotate or be the weakside help, were in trouble

also, whats nice about having him play the high post is that, he does draw one of the other teams bigs to the top of the key, while if Biedrins man tried to double either Ellis or Baron, Biedrins was wide open if he slipped through the lane for a nice show and roll...

I actually still thought we did a fair share amount of running last night, what surprised me, was how Boston actually leaked out on us a few times and scored how we normally do (cherry pickin)
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#3 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:34 pm

Webber's lack of quickness makes him a liability if he has to rotate or match up with quicker players who pull him away from the basket. I don't know how much better he is going to be while playing himself into shape.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:Webber's lack of quickness makes him a liability if he has to rotate or match up with quicker players who pull him away from the basket. I don't know how much better he is going to be while playing himself into shape.

All coaches have to deal with their slow rotational players in pick and rolls.

In high school we teach the slower players to call out their name or # to the G/F whos about to be screened. It allows them to know who's got their help defense.

If Webber just starts yelling out "4" when his man is going to screen Baron/Tay/Barnes, those guys can go over the top to contest the shot more consistently... right now its obvious that neither of the guards know who's man is screening them, especially Monta. KG set a screen w/Beans on him, and he and Beans both closed out the top... luckily Ray couldnt get the ball to KG rolling in the middle...

But obviously there's a coaching/communication malfunction and it needs to be addressed, now that Webber's logging significant minutes.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#5 » by turk3d » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:44 pm

Webber: 3 blocks in only 9 minutes (we probably haven't had 3 blocks from the 4 spot combined this entire season.

AB15 + Webber - 5/4
Harrington 6th man (ability to win 6th man of the year award)
Pietrus at the 3 (geat backup for Jack to keep him from having to play 40 minutes a game on a regular basis)
Monta and Baron at 1/2 (what can I say? Monta is probably the only one who should be playing over 40 a game (has the legs to do it).

Here's what I think our lineup and rotations should be for the rest of the season (and I think Nellie may have finally figured it out):

Biedrins (35-40 minutes per)/Croshere/Harrington/Webber) I'd love to get POB a few minutes here if he's still with us but realize that may be asking for too much)
Webber/Al (1st sub and majority of minutes, 30-35)
Jack/Pietrus
Monta/Pietrus (a few minutes here wouldn't hurt, but not sure if he's capable)/CJ maybe 5-10 minutes
Baron/Monta (Monta aaverages 45 a game for the rest of the season, Baron 37-40)

This what I'd like to see. With AB15, Webber, Harrington and Pietrus/Jack, Monta and Baron we have our best interior defense.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#6 » by mistatwo mayn » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:33 am

I didnt watch the whole game but I thought Webber was really effective as a defender. Again, some of his rotations were off and slow, but I really liked what I saw. A dumb pass here and there but he played well. I like that you can really run the offense through either Webber/Baron/Ellis at anytime.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#7 » by old rem » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:35 am

Much of the time C Webb was slow and Late on D. He got one GOOD block..got credit for a Pietrus block..got an "easy" when a chump put one into his hand and he didn't even need to reach. Webber is quite experianced,but at this point is no better than Croshere. As skinny as Wright is...give him a mere 20 min of non GARBAGE NBA experiance and from then on he's better than Webber.

In a few years...you may see that happen.

We have a run of Baron-Monta-Andy Beans playing at an All Star clip-with the rest adding a + off and on.

The scrapyard pickups are doing okay-considering-but we have real ++++ guys getting weasted at a point when major rivals add stars and our plan is to sweep away a few more ex lotto guys and get more generic bench ballast.

After this win over the powerful Celts-I'd suggest no "plans" to swap Baron -Monta-Biedrins.

we got a W because those 3 never allstars were better than Bostons 3 always All Stars.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Golden State Warriors