And1: 274

Post#341 » by Hopper15 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:01 pm

See you next Tuesday (the 4th) :lol:
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#342 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:10 pm

High 5 wrote:He isn't AI with the ball in his hands, but he usually makes very good decisions with the ball and rarely turns in over. You guys just caught him on his worst night.

I don't question his decisionmaking. He's a smart player. The point isn't his decisionmaking, it's his ability to effectively handle the ball against pretty much anyone who is determined to harass him. He simply does not dribble well enough or with enough confidence to protect the ball, and to move with the ball to get where he wants to be on the floor.

He's simply not a ballhandler in the sense of NBA caliber guards. Since after all, he's a G/F sized player, that's not really his "fault." He should have grown just one more inch. At 6'9" coaches would just let him play as a F and stop putting him in positions that expose one of the weakest aspects of his game.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#343 » by High 5 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:13 am

Hopper15 wrote:See you next Tuesday (the 4th) :lol:

I already have tickets for that game.

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't question his decisionmaking. He's a smart player. The point isn't his decisionmaking, it's his ability to effectively handle the ball against pretty much anyone who is determined to harass him. He simply does not dribble well enough or with enough confidence to protect the ball, and to move with the ball to get where he wants to be on the floor.

He's simply not a ballhandler in the sense of NBA caliber guards. Since after all, he's a G/F sized player, that's not really his "fault." He should have grown just one more inch. At 6'9" coaches would just let him play as a F and stop putting him in positions that expose one of the weakest aspects of his game.

Childress plays SF the majority of the time, but he does a decent job as a guard. We have obviously been watching two different players (even though I have seen pretty much every game he has played in) because Chill is great at getting to the rim when we need some offense. He has kept us in a ton of games with that ability.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#344 » by turk3d » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:50 am

It wasn't his ball handling that hurt us, it was his weird a$$ shot (6-8 or something like that) that did. Did that guy take some lessons from Marion. One of the ugliest shots I've ever seen. That's why I wish Nellie had enough sense to put Wright on him and that's in spite of that one play where Wright was on him on a switch and somehow Childress miraculously was able to get it over him for a bucket. I'm sure that Wright would have been able to defend him better than anyone we had at our disposal during that game.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#345 » by High 5 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:26 am

turk3d wrote:It wasn't his ball handling that hurt us, it was his weird a$$ shot (6-8 or something like that) that did. Did that guy take some lessons from Marion. One of the ugliest shots I've ever seen. That's why I wish Nellie had enough sense to put Wright on him and that's in spite of that one play where Wright was on him on a switch and somehow Childress miraculously was able to get it over him for a bucket. I'm sure that Wright would have been able to defend him better than anyone we had at our disposal during that game.

The shot is ugly but it works. He's one of the best FT shooters in the league and he can hit the occasional long range J. Chances are he won't be a Hawk next year which is unfortunate. He'd be great for you guys.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Post#346 » by floppymoose » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:48 am

His outside shot is great as long as no one is within 10 feet. I'm 6 inches shorter than Chill and I could block his shot. That's why he shoots so few threes despite having a high percentage.

Return to Golden State Warriors