ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors vs ...................? Match Ups.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Warriors vs ...................? Match Ups. 

Post#21 » by old rem » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:17 am

TEXNIFICENT wrote::lol: : LOL. You guys are singing the praises of Chris Mullin & think you're on par with Portland? Let's see now,

Monta is great but he isn't a point guard,

You've given away two of your best players the last few years ( Baron Davis & Jason Richardson),

You've got a coach that's got gimmicky style of play and that's never won big in the NBA,

You signed Corey Maggette who can score but doesn't play D & gets injured ALOT,

You've got Brandan Wright who looks totally disinterested in whatever going on during games.

You signed you're BELOVED "BEANS" to 63mil over 6years. And he's hustle player who cannot function offensively in a half court set i.e. PLAYOFF BASKETBALL. And part of the reason he gets 10 rebs in 27 mins a game is because of all the bad shots taken in your coach's gimmicky style of play. Also, he’s VERY foul-prone.

Some of you are actually comparing Anthony Randolph to Magic Johnson when he's probably going to turn out to be Lamar Odom (not a bad thing).

Jax is Artest-lite (talented head-case),

Your coach hates Al Harrington & Bellinelli.

Hendrix is a rookie, undersized power forward who seems to make someone's roster each year.

I'm no expert but the Mullin is no genius and you guys may be the proud owner of a 2009 Lottery pick!

Actually....2/3 of this is stuff I've said myself a few times and in their words or priorities many of our regulars have said about the same.

Your point about Biedrins is way off. He's THE #1 FG % guy in the NBA if you combine the last 2 years. That is EFFICIENCY and since he's just 22,he's apt to add a lot to his game. When he began he fouled A LOT. Now he's improved 200% and-like I said-he's young and learns quick. He SHOULD be more featured in the offense. He isn't the limiting factor.

Wright has a rather calm game face. He was #1 in the NCAA in FG % as a freshman and his game is being aware and quick to respond to opportunities,sort of like a longer Richard Jefferson. Last year, Wright was very much under used so when he did play he really had a minimal chance to get comfortable with the team,the refs etc....and there's Nellie who's been known to put a guy n the bench till hell freezes.

I don't think Nellie "Hates" any current player. He certainly does not "hate" Al, who's really a pretty likeable guy. Nellie LIKES Harrington as a tactical weapon. Al's 3 shooting pulls rival big's out of the paint. Probably a highlight this year was us beating Houston by playing Harrington at C. Harrington's quick feet meant he'd beat Yao to wherever Yao wanted to be on offense, then when it was GSW's ball, Al popped open 3's until the Rox had to sit Yao and go small. Nellie wants more RBDs from Al...heck..I'm even MORE for that.

Monta is not currently a star NBA PG....neither is Derrick Rose or Mike Conley, but Monta HAS had some very impressive play at point and the game comes naturally for him.

Lotto pick? We will be one of 4 teams fighting for the 8th seed...and all 4 would have a good chance of making the playoffs in the East. We picked a tough time to have our best W-L % in over a decade.

Nellie has been a mixed blessing. He's a wizard with so many quirks that it's not rare for him to do something brilliant one day and something that makes no sense a day later. We went through assorted by the book coaches here in the last 15+ years. Only Nelliee got us past the "average" barrier.
CENSORED... No comment.
nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#22 » by nismolos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:57 am

Conflict wrote:Monta >> Fisher
Maggette <<<< Kobe
Jack = Odom
Al << Gasol
Biedrins < Bynum

Damn.. =\

Monta >> Udrih
Maggette < KMart
Jack = Artest
Al > Moore?
Biedrins > Miller

Monta << Deron
Maggette > Brewer
Jack > Kirilenko
Al <<< Boozer
Biedrins > Okur

Monta > Ford
Maggette > Dunleavy
Jack = Granger
Al > Murphy
Biedrins >>> Foster

Monta > Rose (As of now)
Maggette = Hinrich
Jack = Deng
Al = Tyrus/Gooden
Biedrins > Wallace

I could live with all of the comparisons but these:

Kobe is >>> better than an AVERAGE player. Maggette is a lock for 20/6. Your opinions are totally biased... Biedrins is better than Bynum right now. Especially considering Bynum's knee now. You forget to factor in the Warrriors new bench in all those comparisons. This is a young team that is a year older, and a lot deeper. Randolph's potential>>>>>>>>>>> every single player on this list.
GSWfAnViNnY
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#23 » by GSWfAnViNnY » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:19 am

TEXNIFICENT wrote::lol: : LOL. You guys are singing the praises of Chris Mullin & think you're on par with Portland? Let's see now,

You've given away two of your best players the last few years ( Baron Davis & Jason Richardson),

You've got a coach that's got gimmicky style of play and that's never won big in the NBA,

You've got Brandan Wright who looks totally disinterested in whatever going on during games.

You signed you're BELOVED "BEANS" to 63mil over 6years. And he's hustle player who cannot function offensively in a half court set i.e. PLAYOFF BASKETBALL. And part of the reason he gets 10 rebs in 27 mins a game is because of all the bad shots taken in your coach's gimmicky style of play. Also, he’s VERY foul-prone.

Some of you are actually comparing Anthony Randolph to Magic Johnson when he's probably going to turn out to be Lamar Odom (not a bad thing).

Hendrix is a rookie, undersized power forward who seems to make someone's roster each year.

I'm no expert but the Mullin is no genius and you guys may be the proud owner of a 2009 Lottery pick!

WHO THE FFFFF :censored: CCCCC :censored: ARE U
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#24 » by Commodor » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:45 am

just stop talking, you seriously sound dumb

yeah monta isnt a point guard, but for the last 3 years there hasnt been a need for him to develop those skills anyways, give him 2 years he'll be on par with most pg's in the league

2 of the best players? jason richardson was getting a little old and we prefered to build for our future, horrible idea right? baron, perfect in the first half of the season, 2nd half.... if u watched ANY games, u wudve seen his legs dying on him by the third quarter, especially in the last 10 games when we were making a playoff run

gimmicky scheme? its all about the players who's running the scheme, we got some of the best

we gained maggette, we lost baron, someone who is proned to injury, and if u watched any games, prone to throw up bricks too, his d will b missed, but can be replaced

brandon wright looks like a goat! not disinterested, but for a rookie he also looked like he has potential, and thats all that matters

beans did sign for 66 for 6, and give him 1 strong pf and he'll prove he shud b worth more, he's tired of doing it himself, and for you that dont think he's good, im sorry that the most rebounds in a single game isnt a good enough stat along with his i think top 5 fg% in the league

anthony randolph looks impressive, maybe not magic johnson, but probably better than YOUR draft pick so stop hating

JACKSON ARTESt-LIKE thats your stupidest quote by far! if you know anything u'll know that even tim duncan said that jackson was the best team mate he ever had, artest is a cancer. jackson gets a bad rap fro the pacer-fan incident, but if u do your research you'll find jacksons brother was killed when steven didn't back him up and since then he never backs down from helping a friend, sounds like the person I would want on my side

Nelson does not hate al or belleneli, he doesnt like playing rookies, thats not unheard of for coaches, and yeah he might not like some aspects of al harringtons game, but he's still around isnt he?

Hendrix is a rookie, a 2nd round pick, and wont determine much for our team i think, however if he does, power to us, were not exactly bragging about him here are we?

you know wat, mullin doesnt seem like the smartest at times, but u know wat? i stand behind him and his decisions so far, i wish we couldve gotten brand for baron, but other than that, i've been pleased with this offseason.

O and portland? It'll be a rivalry for years to come, and i promise the series between them will be split at the end of the year

So shut up and go back to your own forum and do research before you try to talk in some one elses.. you bitch
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#25 » by Coxy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Listen up 1 post, "the Mullin" as you say, has done a pretty fine job a assembling a franchise after having several players all asking for $ in FA'gency and having his franchise player greedily walk out to the poor, poor Clippers. If you think he has done anything but arrange a young and seriously talented group of young men that will build towards a future of competetive basketball at the highest level you are seriously mistaken. You claim to know all about the Warriors roster and where we are heading however your superficial claims and spineless analagies are extremely weak considering A: you, like us, have NEVER seen Monta run the point full time, B: You don't understand how an NBA franchise is run considering your willing to fork out over $150 mil for 2 players that are extremely limited in how far they'll take you, C: You have no understanding of how good a coach can take a team even if they don't have the right tools to knock off a 1st seeded team from 8th,that's right 8TH!, D: May be right on Maggs even though he's 1 of the most talented players in the NBA but hasn't had the correct situation to show how good he can be, even though signing him will be great for us in future trading if he doesn't work out, E: Wright will be entering a season where he'll be more physically mature at the PF position and numerous GM's around the league are convinced he'll be dominant in the paint, F: our "beloved Beans" is good. Oh and by the way you obviously have no idea that he's only 22, yes 22!. He almost averaged a double double last season and only played 27 mins a game. Add 5-10 mins a game next year and he'll be averaging ??????. Bigs this agile don't grow on tree's. G: Randolph is the real deal. Your prediction on Odom may be the closest thing you've come to anything you've said however most of us think even more of our uniquely gifted forward, H: don't acknowledge that Jax has corrected his troubled past and is the CAPTAIN of our franchise and contributes countless hours to the Warriors and the Bay area communities to help the club move forward and also help himself. I: Have no idea about Nellies feelings towards Al and Marco as Al is still a major cog in our wheel and Marco essentially was drafted to replace J-Rich after moving him for Wright. J: Hendrix could be a valuable draft addition and to finish, you should stick to what you obviously know which is absolutly nothing about the Golden State Warriors.
TEXNIFICENT
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#26 » by TEXNIFICENT » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:56 pm

:lol: WOW!!!! Some of you guys make me giggle & squirm trying to TYPE TOUGH! Maybe you have Jax at the keyboard with you for backup! Look first of all I'm not bashing the team as much as I'm suggesting a wait & see approach to the season. Of course there is reason for optmism Monta is an ABSOLUTE STUD in the role he's played beside Baron (why change?). Randolph is going to be a good player (but not freakin MAGIC JOHNSON!!!) Someone brought up the win against Dallas (8th over a 1st), but now two of the stars of that group( Baron & J - Rich) are gone. Maggette will be injured count on it! It's just a fact. I've heard that there is a youth movement going on with the team. If there is why have it with a coach who doesn't like to play young players? Plus Nellie (as good as he has been) has worn thin on his fair share of players. Besides his shining achievment with the team came as an 8th seed!!! The team (and "THE MULLIN") gave 11 million per to an energy guy with no go to move and no steady post offense late in games. Don't play the FG% card because the stat can be misleading. I understand "THE MULLIN" gambled on potential but this wager might make Donagy blush. I'm not saying the Warriors don't have talent but I just think Nellie is done & "The Mullin" should move on with another coach. His loyalty may cost him in the long run.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#27 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 pm

I think Tex is a WW poster who followed Khoee over here to realgm...
Souvlaki
Head Coach

Post#28 » by Souvlaki » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:47 pm

WarFan wrote:I got an idea, why don't we just give him room and let him chuck!

FTW!
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
Souvlaki
Head Coach

Post#29 » by Souvlaki » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:52 pm

ivang101 wrote:we gained maggette, we lost baron, someone who is proned to injury, and if u watched any games, prone to throw up bricks too, his d will NOT b missed, but can be replaced

Fixed. Whoever got the idea that Baron plays defense? Slapping at the ball as your man goes in for a layup doesn't count. Hope Monta can unlearn what he learned from Baron.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
Souvlaki
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Souvlaki » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:02 pm

No. Not on par with Portland, better.

He is now.

We won more games without Richardson, so big deal. We'll probably win more without Baron too.

But has increased the win total each of his two years. Yeah, that sucks.

You just described Baron. Mags was a lateral move. So what?

You obviously don't watch the Warriors.

9 million a year for a guy who averages a double double in 27 minutes. Yeah, what a horrible move. Oh the gimmicky style that scores the most of any team in the league and has a winning record? What a lousy gimmick.

What's your point? He probably will turn out like Odom. Again, that's a good thing and will help the team improve. So what's your point?

Did you even watch the Warriors last season? Guess not.

Harrington got his role reduced when he was sucking. That's what coaches do. Bellinelli didn't get PT because he sucked. That's what coaches do. Nothing to do with hate.

I'm not really worried about the 11th or 12th man off the bench. But whatever.

I'm no expert

At least we agree on something.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,154

Post#31 » by TB » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:12 pm

In mortal combat terms, Laki just took an easy victory, yet decided to throw in a nice fatality to finish it off. Well done sir.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#32 » by Coxy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:40 pm

Tex, who's your team?
TEXNIFICENT
Ballboy

Post#33 » by TEXNIFICENT » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:01 pm

Hmmm? ? souvlaki you won more games with Nelson and yet missed the playoffs? Yeah that's impressive. I thought the goal was to win it all, my mistake! Sorry! Remember Dallas went to the finals WITHOUT NELSON!!! Some of you are stuck on stats: (8th seed beat a 1st, First in the league in scoring, Beans shot 62%, Beans is 22 years old, Blah, Blah, Blah.) You can't pay 11 million to role players (22 years old or not) and you can't win a championship with Don Nelson as coach. It's been tried already. Let's get some new blood on sidelines. Give some young energetic guy a chance with the young talent and see what happens. Nellie is a tricky old dog who might give you fits during the regular season and maybe even the first round of the playoffs. But defensive teams always seem to be the last ones standing. GM after GM keeps recycling these guys and expect different results. Again the Warriors have talent but I don't think Nellie's the long term answer for the team.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#34 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:05 pm

A bitter Bay Area Mavs fan...Now I get it.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#35 » by Coxy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:23 pm

Are you Mark Cuban Tex?
TEXNIFICENT
Ballboy

Post#36 » by TEXNIFICENT » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:37 pm

:D

Guilty as charged apcoxy. Guilty as charged. LOL.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#37 » by Coxy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:48 pm

Sour grapes then
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#38 » by old rem » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:55 am

TEXNIFICENT wrote:Hmmm? ? souvlaki you won more games with Nelson and yet missed the playoffs? Yeah that's impressive. I thought the goal was to win it all, my mistake! Sorry! Remember Dallas went to the finals WITHOUT NELSON!!! Some of you are stuck on stats: (8th seed beat a 1st, First in the league in scoring, Beans shot 62%, Beans is 22 years old, Blah, Blah, Blah.) You can't pay 11 million to role players (22 years old or not) and you can't win a championship with Don Nelson as coach. It's been tried already. Let's get some new blood on sidelines. Give some young energetic guy a chance with the young talent and see what happens. Nellie is a tricky old dog who might give you fits during the regular season and maybe even the first round of the playoffs. But defensive teams always seem to be the last ones standing. GM after GM keeps recycling these guys and expect different results. Again the Warriors have talent but I don't think Nellie's the long term answer for the team.

Nellie is a 600 yr old Jedi master on scotch who's about due to re-incarnate as a golfer or a small furry animal or maybe Patrick O'Bryant. He will teach our cub scouts a few more tricks and then move on.

So....stats don't matter? I reckon players get rated just by their zodiac sign? Yeah, we're looking to trade a double-double guy for a Capricorn. Stats are facts. stats are a way to record what happened,how the score came to be. Not everything has a stat attached and any given game,a surprise is very possible. In a game with Kobe and KG..how is Leon Powe the guy who tips the balance? Warriors vs Rox....and matching up Harrington as a center vs Yao is what wins?

We could dust off Red Aurbach and we ain't #1 next year.

Having missed the playoffs for well over a decade, Nellie's main job was to get over 500 and in the playoffs. Done that. we had personnel suited to fast tempo,and that's Nellie's pet strategy. It is a bit TOO "pet". Nellie had to be willing to use ANY tactics. He also had to get the WHOLE roster being assets,not just half.

This year...the plan is to USE and develop those young guys,and several of Nellie's veterans are gone now so he's not gonna have much choice.

Return to Golden State Warriors