ImageImageImageImageImage

Rockets get Artest!!!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: Rockets get Artest!!! 

Post#41 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:33 pm

Greene was a bad contract as soon as ink touched paper.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,664

Post#42 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:42 pm

Artest hasn't done well with previous teams for his obvious issues but when put with the right coach, he's rare. He makes the Rockets tough. Consider the matchups now against the top teams in the playoffs

Vs Spurs - Yoa solely takes Duncan, Bowen hounds T-Mac, Artest takes Manu but who gaurds Artest now? That extra 1 dominant player get's them over the line. Artest could possibly take on Duncan AND Parker for short spells. Battier will get time on Manu and Parker as well.

Vs Hornets - Yoa takes Tyson, Artest will take West , Tmac takes Peja, Battier takes Paul. Addelman will use Artest on West, Paul and Peja through the game. Posey will be key taking T-mac and Artest at times. This 1 will be close with weapons all over for both teams.

Vs Fakers - Kobe will gaurd T-Mac but be guarded by Artest/Battier, Yoa v Bynum, T-Mac will guard Odom freeing him up on O, Gasol could be key but Scola will come into play as well with Artest. Close again.

Vs Jazz - Battier takes Deron, Artest takes Mehmet for the perimeter threat, Yoa takes Boozer, T-Mac takes Kirilenko, Off the bench Scola takes Milsap. Rockets are covered here.

Vs Dallas - Artest takes Dirk, Yoa v Dampcrap, Battier takes Kidd/Terry, T-Mac takes Howard, Alston v Terry or Kidd, Scola v Dirk. Rockets crap on them I think.

Vs Suns - Artest v Amare, Shaq v Yoa, Alston/Battier v Nash, Battier/Artest v Hill, T-mac v Bell, Barbosa could be key for Suns but this matchup could depend on the health of Shat, I mean Shaq.

VS Dubs - I won't go there.

Also throw in the Brent Barry signing and the Rockets IMO could make the Conference finals this year. Artest WILL play unreal and fit in considering his contract status, the coach and a chance of a championship. Scary.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#43 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:46 am

In saying all of that though, I hope for our sake Yoa and T-mac both miss 50 games each and Ron headbutts a cheerleader.
RayStats34
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#44 » by RayStats34 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:34 pm

apcoxy wrote:Well well, that makes them seriously tough.

This makes the Rockets contenders if we stay healthy
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#45 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:39 pm

Artest already asserting himself by demanding something before he even shows up.

He just wants someone to love him. Poor guy.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#46 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Artest already asserting himself by demanding something before he even shows up.

He just wants someone to love him. Poor guy.

And this in the Sac Bee;

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1122561.html

Yao taking pot shots at Ron, and Ron with the inevitable response. :lol:
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#47 » by St.Nick » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:19 pm

The meaty part of the article that Mylie linked to:

Yao expressed concerns over team chemistry with Artest and repeatedly referenced the infamous Detroit brawl in 2004 of which Artest was a huge part.

"Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands," Yao said.

Reached by phone a few hours later, Artest – who had spoken with Rockets shooting guard Tracy McGrady but not Yao since the news of the agreed-upon trade broke – said Yao is merely the latest person to believe "all the propaganda."

"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," said Artest, who will earn $7.4 million next season and be a free agent next summer. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about.

"If you go back to the brawl, that's a culture issue right there. Somebody was disrespecting me, so he's got to understand where I'm coming from. People that know me know that Ron Artest never changed."

Which might not be considered a healthy revelation for the Rockets.

He's not even a part of the team yet and he's already being divisive. :crazy:

You guys perhaps now can see why we wouldn't want to bring him in, despite how good he is on the court.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#48 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:21 pm

Cancer. Period.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#49 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:02 pm

He's a head case, so glad Mully stayed away from acquiring him like so many suggested.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#50 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:25 pm

On behalf of non-crazy black people everywhere, both ghetto and non-ghetto I would like to take this opportunity to point out that Ron doesn't represent :censored: but his own crazy ass. Crazy in the ghetto is still effin crazy. Crazy ain't no culture I ever heard of.

What a douchebag.

I can't believe some of you poons wanted this (Please Use More Appropriate Word) on our team.
:oops:
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Coxy
RealGM

Post#51 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:24 pm

Adelman will sort him out, he'll go without a commitment or the Rockets will just say, "fine, stay in Sac town". He'll back down.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#52 » by GSWhoopfan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:55 pm

i still would like him. i like that hes blunt. hes is who he is. hes a fighter that is hungry and wants to win.

bottom line with artest...he wants to win. hes very emotional about the game, because he cares so much about it.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#53 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:01 pm

I like that he's an expiring contract. Period.
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#54 » by warriortone » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:33 pm

Has any team ever regretted a trade this soon after it happened? This is subtraction by addition. They could spiral completely out of the playoffs if all goes well.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#55 » by -bob- » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:42 pm

"Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands," Yao said.

Yao = Cancer
bluemoonodom
Junior

Post#56 » by bluemoonodom » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:59 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:. Crazy ain't no culture I ever heard of.
:oops:

Sleepy, Great post. I can state for certain however that Crazy is a Culture. I'd have never believed it, but as a Raider Fan I know now that it is. :)
Coxy
RealGM

Post#57 » by Coxy » Fri Aug 1, 2008 12:01 am

They'll be fine, people making a mountain out of a mole hill.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#58 » by FNQ » Fri Aug 1, 2008 2:05 am

Sacramento sucks... Artest "fumes"? It sounds like he got indignant about Yao reminding him of an extremely ugly incident... idiot remark by Yao there, world-class idiot move. That's not to say the rest of Artest's response wasn't the result of being dropped repeatedly on his head as a child though... but he was seeming to be very political... he said once Yao gets to know him, he will understand him better. Says its Yao's team, even said he understood why Yao thought that... Ron wants his money!

How would people react if Emeka Okafor said (about J-Rich) "Hopefully, he's not pushing his girlfriend's face through a wall anymore." ... the media knows Ron's a little mental so they :censored: with him.. you stay classy Sac Bee :thumbsup:
bluemoonodom
Junior

Post#59 » by bluemoonodom » Fri Aug 1, 2008 2:18 am

510Reggae wrote:Sacramento sucks... Artest "fumes"? It sounds like he got indignant about Yao reminding him of an extremely ugly incident... idiot remark by Yao there, world-class idiot move. That's not to say the rest of Artest's response wasn't the result of being dropped repeatedly on his head as a child though...

How would people react if Emeka Okafor said (about J-Rich) "Hopefully, he's not pushing his girlfriend's face through a wall anymore." ... the media knows Ron's a little mental so they :censored: with him.. you stay classy Sac Bee :thumbsup:

All true...flip Yaos comment...what does that say about HIM as a team player? Ron Artest may be a bit "off" but I don't think one can question his game, and desire.

Yao needs to take the "high road" in spite of some obvious personal reservations. Leaders find ways to mesh all bits of the roster into a cohesive whole. Artest is more than just a bit.

If this was Yaos attempt at "leadership" I believe He's failed miserably.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,802

Post#60 » by floppymoose » Fri Aug 1, 2008 6:59 am

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hea ... 18737.html

Yao "reached out". Hes got a long reach, after all.

Return to Golden State Warriors