ImageImageImageImageImage

Matt finally comes through with a spot-on warriors blog

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Khoee
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Matt finally comes through with a spot-on warriors blog 

Post#41 » by Khoee » Tue Aug 5, 2008 4:54 pm

Harrington, Beli, #1 on the table for Josh Smith...tick, tock...
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#42 » by Souvlaki » Tue Aug 5, 2008 4:59 pm

Come on people. You're all acting as if you've never seen Don Nelson coach. He's going to give minutes to the players who play the best. End of story. Marco hasn't earned jack squat. Do you really think Nelson is going to hand out 20 minutes a night to someone who sucks? Randolph, as promising as he may be, is going to have to earn his playing time. If he is as good as a lot of people around here believe, then he should have no problem getting minutes. Until then, there is no problem with the rotation.

Anyway, having more talent than you need is never a problem.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#43 » by Chris Cohan » Tue Aug 5, 2008 5:12 pm

New bet for Khoee:

If Josh Smith is not a Warrior when training camp opens, you leave all Warriors forums and never return. (Bye Khoee)

You'll never take it - you need the advertising space.
Khoee
Banned User

Post#44 » by Khoee » Tue Aug 5, 2008 5:27 pm

I like the new concise Rowell...you get your point across in a couple sentences instead of an 8 paraparagraph rant with no beginning, middle, or end...you're in and you're out...you've proven once again that anyone can change...except Marcus Williams...

Sleepy and Old Rem should take note...
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#45 » by Chris Cohan » Tue Aug 5, 2008 5:32 pm

Khoee wrote:I'm chicken, know nothing, and will now insult others to avoid both facts
You remind me of myself in younger days, Khoee. Minus the insight.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#46 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 5:58 pm

Khoee wrote:Harrington, Beli, #1 on the table for Josh Smith...tick, tock...

Do it. . . Do it now.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#47 » by Chris Cohan » Tue Aug 5, 2008 6:03 pm

There is no offer from the Warriors on the table to Atlanta for Josh Smith.

None.

The team is not interested in the rates Smith is demanding for the years he wants (6).
Beyond THAT problem, Atlanta refuses to make the proper moves to facilitate a functional S&T that does not immediately involve prohibitive BYC restrictions.

There are better ways to drum up talk. This idea was never a reality.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#48 » by turk3d » Tue Aug 5, 2008 6:42 pm

Is this a possible scenerio (not saying the Ws would do it, nor am I suggesting that they do), just wondering if it might be doable?

Hawks offer QO to Smith (3.2 Mil), Warriors then offer him a contract of say 10 M (whatever it would take to match salaries for whoever the Ws were sending back the Hawks in return, say Harrington, Belli, Perovic + #1 for example).

Atlanta then matches and trades him to the Ws for the above mentioned players. Would this circumvent the BYC? Of course all of this would have to be pre-arranged between the two teams and Smith for it to be a go.

The additional advantage here (besides perhaps eliminating the BYC problem) would be that Ws wouldn't have to take back Speedy's garbage salary and Kosta could get written off by Atlanta when he opts to go over to Europe saving them a little money. Maybe we could even send some money over to Atlanta to sweeten the deal (spend some more of Cohan's money, Sleepy would like this).
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#49 » by GSWhoopfan » Tue Aug 5, 2008 9:32 pm

Bells can play ball. But he doesnt need to play every game. He can contribute to help win games.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,846

Post#50 » by giberish » Wed Aug 6, 2008 1:57 am

turk3d wrote:Is this a possible scenerio (not saying the Ws would do it, nor am I suggesting that they do), just wondering if it might be doable?

Hawks offer QO to Smith (3.2 Mil), Warriors then offer him a contract of say 10 M (whatever it would take to match salaries for whoever the Ws were sending back the Hawks in return, say Harrington, Belli, Perovic + #1 for example).

Atlanta then matches and trades him to the Ws for the above mentioned players. Would this circumvent the BYC? Of course all of this would have to be pre-arranged between the two teams and Smith for it to be a go.

The additional advantage here (besides perhaps eliminating the BYC problem) would be that Ws wouldn't have to take back Speedy's garbage salary and Kosta could get written off by Atlanta when he opts to go over to Europe saving them a little money. Maybe we could even send some money over to Atlanta to sweeten the deal (spend some more of Cohan's money, Sleepy would like this).

This doesn't make sense. GS can't offer Smith more than a minimum salary contract other than through a sign and trade deal, and BYC would be in effect for any sign and trade deal where Smith's contract is a significant raise from last year, unless Atlanta waits until next offseason to trade him.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,846

Post#51 » by giberish » Wed Aug 6, 2008 2:06 am

Thugleavy34 wrote:Ellis/Williams
Jackson/_______
Maggette/Randolph
Harrington/Wright
Biendrins/Turiaf

I think it'll be a 10 man rotation, with Buke, Belli, and Morrow fighting it out for that tenth spot all season long.

I think you're right for the point and post rotations. I expect Bukie is the most certain wing reserve to get minutes at this point, with 3 options for the other postion(s). Belinelli might get backup SG minutes, with Bukie at backup SF; Randolf might get backup SF minutes, with Bukie at backup SG; or Williams and Ellis might play some minutes together, making a 5 man perimeter rotation with Bukie, Jackson and Maggette.

Obviously injuries or shifts in Nellie's doghouse will change things at times throughout the season.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#52 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:59 am

Just start the fricken really tall guys and Monta...All the scrubs can fight over the PT scraps.

Return to Golden State Warriors