Matt finally comes through with a spot-on warriors blog

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: Matt finally comes through with a spot-on warriors blog 

Post#21 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Aug 4, 2008 11:39 pm

Beli drifts on 80% of his jumpers...

His improved handles, conditioning and court vision impressed me in that last SL game

He dishes out 8 assists in a SL game..Thats impressive..Then he state's "I want to be a 2 gaurd"...WTF Marco? You can't shoot..Play to your new strong points...Work on your jumper next summer...I can't even imagine how bad Italian coaching must be.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by St.Nick » Mon Aug 4, 2008 11:55 pm

Take out the horrible game against the Kings and he shot 45% from the field, 40% from 3pt land, and 80% from the line with 21 ppg, 3.5 apg, 2.0 rpg.

That is one of the things I hate about this board. You all get so excited about something, then something to the contrary happens and the naysayers start pounding away until you all follow them like zombies (watch what happens after I make this comment).

All I ask you to do is observe something, make a reasonable analysis of your own, and then have some confidence behind it. Its really not that hard to do.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#23 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Aug 4, 2008 11:58 pm

You actually excluded his bad game and then came up with the final numbers? LMFAO
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#24 » by GSWhoopfan » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:04 am

Bookie >>>> Belli

not that difficult
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#25 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:07 am

Beli >>>>> Horror Story

5 arrows > 4 arrows

Marco FTW
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#26 » by St.Nick » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:27 am

Sid the Squid wrote:You actually excluded his bad game and then came up with the final numbers? LMFAO

Marco is a streaky shooter. Would you be happy with four excellent Marco games and one crap Marco game? I certainly would. Should we write off the other four games because of that one crap game? I certainly hope not.

But go ahead and push on, soldier. Just let me know what uniform you are wearing before the battle as its a little confusing to know what side you are on.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#27 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:32 am

If you excluded Baron's 20 worst shooting nights of 07-08, he's a 44% 3 point shooter.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#28 » by St.Nick » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:34 am

You never answered the question. Should we write off the other four games because of one bad game?
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#29 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:46 am

Sure... can we throw out my bad posting day on Saturday?..Can we give John Hinckley a free pass for his one bad day? How about the Japanese for Pearl Harbor?
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#30 » by St.Nick » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:52 am

If you were a 22 year old rather than a 65 year old, I would give you a second chance. But what is it they say about old dogs? :D

I prefer to analyze all the games and identify Marco's strengths (ball handling, court vision, shooting) and weaknesses (guarding 6'1 speedster combo guards). But blanket statements are easier, I realize.

BTW, the "Japs" were forgiven and John Hinckley was released from the nut house. You do know that we are in the year 2008, right?
GSW2K4
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#31 » by GSW2K4 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 1:58 am

St.Nick wrote:Take out the horrible game against the Kings and he shot 45% from the field, 40% from 3pt land, and 80% from the line with 21 ppg, 3.5 apg, 2.0 rpg.

That is one of the things I hate about this board. You all get so excited about something, then something to the contrary happens and the naysayers start pounding away until you all follow them like zombies (watch what happens after I make this comment).

All I ask you to do is observe something, make a reasonable analysis of your own, and then have some confidence behind it. Its really not that hard to do.

Nick-- are those summer league statistics? If so, your analysis makes sense but you have to consider the competition. This is summer league and the reason he isn't consistently putting up 30+ (as he could) is poor shot mechanics.

It's not all about stats in summer league, it's about seeing how the player plays basketball and what skills he might have to offer.

As Sid says, Marco drifts or kicks his leg on most jumpers...even when he really doesn't need to. He needs to watch tape of Ray Allen, even during the playoffs. His jumper looks the same on every single play. And that's what makes him such a great shooter -- attention to details like feet, rhythm, and follow through.

Marco COULD get better, but that depends on two things: 1) good coaching and 2) receptiveness to good coaching.
Za_Warrior
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#32 » by Za_Warrior » Tue Aug 5, 2008 2:40 am

Re: - Marco COULD get better, but that depends on two things: 1) good coaching and 2) receptiveness to good coaching.

I 100% agree and see that as one of the the reasons Buike got so many chances last year instead of Belli, Nellie saw him as very coachable and even stated as much in the offseason. Buike was not someone who showed bad form and then demanded plays made for them and more minutes (ala Pietrus / Beli) those factors and also having a few 20+ point games when the shots were not going in for everyone else really helped Buike's cause.
I still see Morrow, Buike and Beli getting chances early on in the season, the one who does anything that puts Nellie off in the early season may have a long sit after.
I think Nellie will love Morrow actually, Morrow can only screw his own chances at this point and Nellie probably won't stop working on Buike because he's put a lot of hope into him already, the fact his offer was matched says something to me.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#33 » by Chris Cohan » Tue Aug 5, 2008 3:22 am

Busty still sucks Nick.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#34 » by FNQ » Tue Aug 5, 2008 4:43 am

To think that anyone had to convince us of Busty's sucktitude :rofl:

He showed sparse flashes... thats all... he's earned zero time by refusing the D-League, and sucking outside of when the chuck was working in the D-League...

Wright should get his time though... he played well in the NBA, not SL, last year... He deserves a chance.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#35 » by St.Nick » Tue Aug 5, 2008 7:15 am

Suck, busty, sucktitude, summer league, lazy,.....excellent analysis, guys. Sounds like you enjoy using buzz words and key phrases more than actual analysis. Big pile of idiots.
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#36 » by Thugleavy34 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 8:39 am

Ellis/Williams
Jackson/_______
Maggette/Randolph
Harrington/Wright
Biendrins/Turiaf

I think it'll be a 10 man rotation, with Buke, Belli, and Morrow fighting it out for that tenth spot all season long.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#37 » by Chris Cohan » Tue Aug 5, 2008 2:30 pm

NIck is an abusive poster - "idiot" hurts my feelings and makes me scared to post. :-)
Head Leader
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#38 » by Head Leader » Tue Aug 5, 2008 3:02 pm

St.Nick wrote:Suck, busty, sucktitude, summer league, lazy,.....excellent analysis, guys. Sounds like you enjoy using buzz words and key phrases more than actual analysis. Big pile of idiots.

here,

Bellinelli doesnt "suck".. obviously.

But given the fact he was supposed to replace j rich's production right away, and his seemingly prima donna attitude.. hes doen nothing so far to encourage people to root for him.

hes terrible on defense nick.

and not just against quincy douby... he is a lazy defender in every sense of the word...he does not try all of the time... only when he wants to.. and because of hsi lack of foot speed (in btoh directions) he will never be able to guard any aggressive guard.

he is seemingly way to concerned with one side of the court. on offense while he does have a pretty shot, he has the bobby jackson disease. which means he will always be a inconsistent "streaky" shooter. unless he fixes that..but thats obvious.

he is athletic, but not as atheltic as ginobilli, which in italy was what his game remindedme of, since he cannot get away with the same shenanigans in the NBA he has to alter his game a bit, whihc i think hes starting to, but being that he was supposed to have already replaced J rich, and his refusal to go to D league to make said change... i tihnk its safe to say you can see how some are bitter.

i don't HATE marco, i actually like the guy, but you dont have to defend him without criticizing, and vice versa, to the other sides... hes a european rookie and those take longer to develop then most, but that being said id surely move him if the right deal came along.
"I am the Head leader, it all starts with me." - Monta Ellis

www.amuseaudio.com
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#39 » by Chris Cohan » Tue Aug 5, 2008 3:13 pm

Busty is effectively still a rookie. So he gets a minor pass in terms of the player.
But as a Richardson replacement and useful piece for last year, he gets a fail.

More importantly, his game is bulls--t.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#40 » by turk3d » Tue Aug 5, 2008 4:14 pm

Busty = POB 2

Return to Golden State Warriors