ImageImageImageImageImage

OKC to depart with Wilcox, Ridnour, and Marshall

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

OKC to depart with Wilcox, Ridnour, and Marshall 

Post#1 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Aug 4, 2008 10:57 pm

I know this gets pretty annoying from time to time posting up possible trade scenarios, but since most of you love Chris Wilcox so much, I think this is the perfect opportunity to swap for him. It's been reported that OKC are going to depart with their veterans for the chance to rebuild. Here's my proposed trade suggestion:

Al Harrington + CJ Watson + Kosta Perovic + Marco BUSTineli + protect 1st round pick of 2010 for Chris Wilcox (expiring contract) + Luke Ridnour + Damien Wilkins.

Thoughts?
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: OKC to depart with Wilcox, Ridnour, and Marshall 

Post#2 » by St.Nick » Mon Aug 4, 2008 11:13 pm

Don't need Wilcox anymore...Ridnour is overpaid and would split the few backup PG minutes we have with Marcus Williams...Damien Wilkins is good, but SG is hardly a position of need at this point with S-Jax, Azu, and Marco (and Monta).

Don't want none of these dudes. Unless its a straight Harrington for Wilcox + filler type of swap. But Seattle isn't into that.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#3 » by old rem » Tue Aug 5, 2008 4:32 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:I know this gets pretty annoying from time to time posting up possible trade scenarios, but since most of you love Chris Wilcox so much, I think this is the perfect opportunity to swap for him. It's been reported that OKC are going to depart with their veterans for the chance to rebuild. Here's my proposed trade suggestion:

Al Harrington + CJ Watson + Kosta Perovic + Marco BUSTineli + protect 1st round pick of 2010 for Chris Wilcox (expiring contract) + Luke Ridnour + Damien Wilkins.

Thoughts?

While the rough concept is okay....this proposal has us overpaying.

1- Wilcox would be of use but we just got Turiaf and need to groom Wright+ Hendrix. Wilcox will soon be a FA and I doubt we'd want to top his current price tag. Ridenour was an option but we just committed to Marcus Williams and may have a sleeper in Watson. Ridenour has game but is a bit high $ and he's a guy who's got some skills but isn't athletic/strong enough for a major role here.

In this scenario....we are giving Belinnelli and Kosta as minimum value fillers. I need not rant more about our need to at LEAST give players the CHANCE to suck or succeed before we quit on them.
If a team is,despite our failings,paying for our "prospects" like they ARE the guys we liked on draft day, rather than < Thud or Mbenga, then let's talk.

A GSW 2010, especially protected,would interfere with the prior commitment of the pick to the Nets.
I think we CAN trade our 09 unprotected. As the Nets can get our 2011, that freezes our picks in 2010.2011,2012 and perhaps 2013. As I recall it's a protected 2011,in which case it might turn into a 2012. The rule against consecutive picks becomes quite an obstacle to trading a future with several years of protection. If we trade our 09 it can't revert to a 2010 #1 unless we obtain a for sure pick in 2009-2010-2011. Thus it's a no protect 09 or protected but would revert only to a rd 2 + cash....which greatly reduces it's value depending on where the protect kicks in.
CENSORED... No comment.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,802

Post#4 » by floppymoose » Tue Aug 5, 2008 10:56 pm

Ridnour is not a bad backup PG. He plays virtually no D, but is quite competent on O. With a Goose-Wright-Randolph line, he would fit ok.

Personally I have no desire to dump Al for an expiring. I'd rather Al be the 6th man, despite the contract. But if you did want to dump him, seems like a reasonable deal.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#5 » by GswStorm3 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 11:19 pm

We don't need either of these guys, especially Ridnour.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#6 » by Mylie10 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 11:29 pm

Ridnour 6.5 million - Marcus Williams 1.2 million

I'll take Marcus.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors