Marion now?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: Marion now? 

Post#41 » by turk3d » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:59 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
turk3d wrote:It's really unfortunate that some people get an impression of someone (for whatever reason) and peg him and that's it. Bukie had some personal issues, otherwise he would have been a mid first rounder coming out o the draft (Nellie said this).

Now you're quoting Nellie's draft analysis to make your cases? :lol: And you can't just dismiss any statistical evidence presented as "I don't trust it because I don't understand it." Learn about the numbers involved and make a legit argument against them. All of the data on 82 games isn't about the position based data. A lot of that data is solid on a number of fronts, but you need to take the time to understand it or provide knowlegible criticism of it if you want to use that as one of your cornerstone arguments around here.

Arguments of convenience are . . . convenient.

I'll tell you waht Sleepy. I'll just wait until the season starts and see what happens. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. It's amazing how few people here do that when they're wrong about something. I forgot oops, certain people here are never wrong. My bad.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#42 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:15 pm

turk3d wrote:I forgot oops, certain people here are never wrong. My bad.

:waaa:
Would you like me to call you a waaaambulance?

Either make your case, or don't, but trying to take certain data out of the discussion because you haven't yet tried to understand it, or sniping at folks for making a better argument than you did is weak sauce. :sleep:

Bukie is a 3. There's nothing wrong with that.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#43 » by turk3d » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:31 pm

I've already made plenty of arguments, you've chosen not not to hear them. You say he's a 3. OK, Sleepy has spoken. Iguess that's good enough.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#44 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:43 pm

turk3d wrote:I've already made plenty of arguments, you've chosen not not to hear them. You say he's a 3. OK, Sleepy has spoken. Iguess that's good enough.

I've heard you. I've disagreed, and the several times this topic has come up, I've presented statistical and anecdotal evidence that contests your arguments. Reggae did the same here, and you dismiss all the data for no other reason than that you haven't taken the time to learn about it. You know that's flimsy. Your other counter arguments have been stuff that is not germane to the issue of G vs. F position skills (like the 3 ball) or they have been based on assumptions about what kind of skills Bukie can add to his game, in your estimation and contrary to customary NBA player development.

That you haven't made a convincing argument here doesn't mean you're not being listened to. You've just been disagreed with . . . convincingly.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#45 » by FNQ » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:48 pm

turk3d wrote:Well this surprises me quite a bit Reg. Coming from you, one of the "anti-smallball proponents" here on this forum (along with myself), I suppose that on that basis I'd have to say that Bukie is not a "good fit" at the 2 position. But, I thought the discussion here was whether or not Bukie could be a 2 guard in this league (which is really what I'm claiming). My suspicion, based on offseason acquisitions as well as draft picks is that we are possibly going to be moving away from "small ball" 100% of the time to a more conventional approach and if anything from "smallball" to perhaps "bigball" (to some degree), at least I hope so.

I dont think you're completely getting what I'm saying... I am and have been saying Buke is a gimmick backup 3.

He can never be a 2 because of his awful ballhandling and passing, and its not his best defensive position at all.

He can never be a traditional 3 backup because he's not quick enough to ballhawk and not tall/long/explosive enough to make a difference on jumpshots. Because of how limited his offensive game really is, he'd have to be doing a lot better as a defensive 3 to be considered a legit option there.

I'm all for "big-ball"... like I said, I'd rather see the 6'5ish Belinelli @ SG than Buke... passing and handling are so underrated on these boards.. you could see on the court and in the #s the effect Buke's presence had on our offense... only 2 people had a worse AST/Passing TO than Buke...

The guy we want to trade, Jackson (whos a bit overrated as a passer but a great ballhandler)... and waiver wire captain Matt Barnes.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by FNQ » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:54 pm

BTW... Buke's the luckiest scrub on the planet.

First he falls into Nelson's lap and lands a primo job here... get a multi year contract with a PLAYER option, and by some stroke of luck, as Nelson and hopefully the gimmick fade, here comes a 6'10+ ballhandler in Randolph who can hide the deficiency long enough to get another contract... I'm going to convert to what ever Buke is religiously..
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by FNQ » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:00 pm

turk3d wrote: Would you say that Mags is well suited for "smallball"? He has a lot of the same deficiencies that Bukie. I'm not so sure if he fits in with what you're referring to as "smallball" unless you think he will be playing the 4 position.

What it really boils down to is what Nellie is going to do when the season starts and then what Bukie does if he's given a chance. This is all our speculations and opinions what will tell the true story is what happens on the court and I'm more than happy to wait until before I make my conclusions one way or the other.

My reaction to the Maggs signing should be well-documented by now. The only plus about Maggette is that getting to the line by yourself is more reliable than waiting at the 3pt line and hoping for an open look created by someone else.. Why thats worth 5 and 50, I dunno. You'll have to ask our FO about that one.

Neither one is worth the money.. both moves are on the same level of stupid to me
jnas45
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#48 » by jnas45 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:48 pm

510Reggae wrote:My reaction to the Maggs signing should be well-documented by now. The only plus about Maggette is that getting to the line by yourself is more reliable than waiting at the 3pt line and hoping for an open look created by someone else.. Why thats worth 5 and 50, I dunno. You'll have to ask our FO about that one.

Neither one is worth the money.. both moves are on the same level of stupid to me

Maggs is perfect for the Dubs as a bail-out guy, that's what we were thinking. If you think back to many of those games we lost, the big ones, the important ones, the ones that we were up 25 (big game against Denver for example) and then blew it because our offense got stagnant by staying around the perimeter, we could have used a guy like Maggs to open up the floor and get to the line. His 5/50 is not just for what he brings to the table, it's also what he can prevent us from becoming again, a team that can't hold on.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#49 » by Sid the Squid » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:51 pm

Maggette was incredible at preventing the clippers from losing.
jnas45
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#50 » by jnas45 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:18 am

The Clips were never up to begin with.
No lead to blow --> can't blow it.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#51 » by Coxy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:37 am

I love the Maggette signing, just love it. Quote me on that during the season please.

Return to Golden State Warriors