The Unofficial Official Kosta Perovic Appreciation Thread

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: The Unofficial Official Kosta Perovic Appreciation Thread 

Post#21 » by St.Nick » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:06 pm

Again with the smileys. @$$

Lasme has proven what? That he can be cut by two NBA teams within one season? That 31 teams refused to take a chance on him while he was in the D-League?

He got cut because he stunk and yet people became outraged at our FO. Are you willing to accept that this was a typical overreaction by fans salivating for any morsel to criticize Mullin and Nelson?

Sort of like making a big deal about Kosta, our 16 man off the bench for most of last year, not becoming much of a player.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#22 » by FNQ » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:42 pm

You've continually missed the point, be it intentional or not, but I'll go over it again.

We gave 1st round money to a 2nd rounder. That never happens - but, in a rare case that it would, wouldn't you expect that player to be, I dunno, useful? At all? It was a dumb move...

Not only did it just cost us money, it cost us a roster spot... is Lasme a 12th or lower player? Absolutely... but he's also a defensive PF, and we had 0 of that outside of limited Wright action.. instead we had Hudson, CJ Disaster, Mbenga, and Kosta all on the roster...

Lasme being cut was a result of an extremely poorly thought out prior offseason...

You just hate any criticism of the FO... we get it... your happy with 48 wins and a 7-10 seed, fine... I mean I have no problem swatting at your arguments, they really help prove the point, but damn, if we can't even criticize an unprecedented bad move like this? Yikes...
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#23 » by turk3d » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Just more proof that non-outside shooting big men do not get an opportunity to play under Nelson (only one allowed per team and he's really more like 6'11). By releasing him and freeing up his roster spot this gives the Warriors the ability to now pickup the backup point guard they need (be it Livingston or someone else who fits their budget). I do believe that they will get at least some of Kosta's cap space back as a result of this move.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#24 » by Sid the Squid » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:27 pm

turk3d wrote:Just more proof that non-outside shooting big men do not get an opportunity to play under Nelson
Just more proof that a player born a stiff, will always be a stiff, no matter how many inches high he gets.

Props go out to Reg for seeing Kosta's total siffnes before anybody else here.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#25 » by St.Nick » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:59 pm

510Reggae wrote:You've continually missed the point, be it intentional or not, but I'll go over it again.

We gave 1st round money to a 2nd rounder. That never happens - but, in a rare case that it would, wouldn't you expect that player to be, I dunno, useful? At all? It was a dumb move...

Not only did it just cost us money, it cost us a roster spot... is Lasme a 12th or lower player? Absolutely... but he's also a defensive PF, and we had 0 of that outside of limited Wright action.. instead we had Hudson, CJ Disaster, Mbenga, and Kosta all on the roster...

Lasme being cut was a result of an extremely poorly thought out prior offseason...

You just hate any criticism of the FO... we get it... your happy with 48 wins and a 7-10 seed, fine... I mean I have no problem swatting at your arguments, they really help prove the point, but damn, if we can't even criticize an unprecedented bad move like this? Yikes...

So Kosta made $1.6M instead of $0.8M. Wow! Time to get on the pulpit and b!tch about the coming Armageddon of the franchise led by the false prophet named Mullin.

I personally do not mind criticism of Kosta. After all, he didn't contribute anything last season. You get credit for calling that out first and foremost.

Its just that I find the negative response to his signing (which took up 1/38th salary cap) and presence as our last guy off the bench to be overwhelming. He made practically no money, and we rolled the dice on him potentially becoming our backup center. That will happen (it happens every year across the NBA, in fact).

This overwhelming response also goes for cutting guys like Lasme (who has proven to be a nothing NBA player) and POB (who had given nearly nothing positive to our team in two years). The criticism of Kelenna and CJ is unbelievably over the top also, considering their limited roles on the team.

Go ahead and be critical, I would never tell you to stop because thats just unrealistic and frankly quite pointless. just give a measured response instead of being such an obvious hater that seems to pounce on every tiny little opportunity to spew that never ending stream of venom upon us. You need to try lightening up a bit. Try focusing on a few positives our team has and you might even begin to enjoy yourself a bit!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by FNQ » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:14 pm

I enjoy myself fine... I like that regular people can have a better vision for the team than the people who actually do run them since it isn't our balls on the bandsaw...

Think the money was the problem? Or that we gave a guaranteed contract to someone we had no idea about, despite the fact that we were taking on several extreme risks (Hudson, Croshere) and had a very good idea that Nellie did not want to use POB. If we had Lasme, we actually have some depth and a prospect where we need it...

Lasme has proven to be nothing in the course of half a season? He actually looked good in MIA and was buried in the offseason... 20mpg is a limited role on the team? Buke and CJ saw 30 minutes of floor time a game... 30 minutes of non passing, poor defending, decent wide open shooting that's celebrated because they came from a developmental league.. it's especially brutal because thats the kind of scrub Nellie can get a high enough PPG out of that people dont realize the impact they both have on our offense and defense.. its terrible.. the worst part is, they are playing for themselves.. how many times did we see a garbage time perimeter chuckfest from the D-Leaguers? Sure wasn't to give Wright, POB, Biedrins, or hell, even Busty, some shots... it was dominated by Barntrus and the D-Leaguers... the small positives they bring are outweighed, heavily...
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#27 » by St.Nick » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:53 pm

You enjoy yourself. Right. You sure seem like a fun loving, happy guy who loves cheering for the Warriors. Ok. Sure.

I do remember you being that guy during the "We Believe" era. You were Mr."I love Mully and Nelson" himself. Now you mock those very same fans for their exuberance. Cynical.

Lasme wasn't even a worthwhile prospect for Miami to invite to training camp. Look at the scrubs around the league that are getting signed to non-guaranteed contracts. Where is Lasme's name? Not that he won't get a shot at making a roster somewhere eventually, but just like when he was in the D-League, nobody really seems to want to bring him around.

And if you want to make a big deal out of Watson overshooting during garbage time then that's your issue. It's not a positive thing, but the impact it has on the team is minimal. Once again, you are looking for any sort of negative thing to bring to the surface and complain about over and over again. How boring.

Kelenna is a 24 year old that gives us points and rebounds as part of the second unit. He will make 1/20th of our salary cap over the next three seasons, seasons which will likely bring improvement since he is such a young player. Of course you could focus on the things he doesn't do perfectly. Then again, what do you expect of a guy that makes $3M a year?

Like I said, lighten up a bit and try to enjoy your team rather than getting your jollies out of always saying what you hate about them.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#28 » by Sid the Squid » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:58 pm

"things he doesnt do perfectly."

I love that line.. :thumbsup:

I promise to only focus on the things Horror Story does perfectly :nod: ...I promise St. Nick...

Azu's a perfect blackhole during garbage time..I'll focus on that....He's also perfectly terrible when trapped at halfcourt..I'll focus on his "perfectly" terrible court vision..I promise.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#29 » by St.Nick » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:11 pm

What do you want for $3M a year, Sid? Name five guys we can get who would come in and average 8.5/4 for us and/or are young enough to have the potential to improve.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#30 » by Sid the Squid » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:19 pm

I personally think Azubuike's going to *dog it* now that he's got his contract...I love the game of basketball because you can't hide the inner selfish pig in you...Azubuike's drunk at Mirage Lounge right now as I type this..The warriors were hoping he'd show up with the rest of the young players this past week in Oakland..Didnt happen....1 to 4 odds Azu shows up on an episode of Cops (in Vegas) by 2009.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,808

Post#31 » by floppymoose » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Where's Marco?
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#32 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:12 am

Bellagio mall shopping for designer panties for the new season.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by FNQ » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:53 am

Since explaining things and spelling them out doesn't work, I'm just gonna say "Wrong" from now on...

St.Nick wrote:You enjoy yourself. Right. You sure seem like a fun loving, happy guy who loves cheering for the Warriors. Ok. Sure.

You really care what I'm like outside of this forum? I dont even care what you are like INSIDE this forum...

I do remember you being that guy during the "We Believe" era. You were Mr."I love Mully and Nelson" himself. Now you mock those very same fans for their exuberance. Cynical.

Until I saw that they were working to make the team a gimmick, not a being a gimmick to make the team work... they were building towards even more of a gimmick... people with basketball IQs opened their eyes quickly...

Lasme wasn't even a worthwhile prospect for Miami to invite to training camp. Look at the scrubs around the league that are getting signed to non-guaranteed contracts. Where is Lasme's name? Not that he won't get a shot at making a roster somewhere eventually, but just like when he was in the D-League, nobody really seems to want to bring him around.

Except Miami, who gave him 20minutes per. That he did decent with. Much better than our scrubs @ PF - but there's no gimmicky defensive teams out there that excite the fans and dupe people w/ no basketball IQ that he's worth a multi year contract..

And if you want to make a big deal out of Watson overshooting during garbage time then that's your issue. It's not a positive thing, but the impact it has on the team is minimal.

Wrong.

Kelenna is a 24 year old that gives us points and rebounds as part of the second unit. He will make 1/20th of our salary cap over the next three seasons, seasons which will likely bring improvement since he is such a young player. Of course you could focus on the things he doesn't do perfectly. Then again, what do you expect of a guy that makes $3M a year?

To know that garbage time isn't time for him to get shots? To pass the ball? To not disrupt the offense? Stop me when you see anything that you wouldnt expect from anyone on an NBA roster, especially a "guard"...

"seasons which will likely bring improvement since he is such a young player" - Ahhh of course... young people that you like we assume he will improve, since he's a young player. POB? Nah. Dont care how young he is, Nellie already said he's talentless and Buke's a 20mpg player. Hard not to listen to a HoF coach.

Trivia: How many HoF coaches in other sports don't have rings? The only coach I can think of thats actually really good who never got a ring is Jerry Sloan, and all he's done is keep one of the highest turnover jobs for 2 decades... Nelson is the basketball equivalent to weed... he gives you something to do, keeps you entertained, but back in the real world, you're in the exact same, or worse, spot than you were in... time to sober up...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by FNQ » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:09 am

Sid the Squid wrote:I personally think Azubuike's going to *dog it* now that he's got his contract...I love the game of basketball because you can't hide the inner selfish pig in you...Azubuike's drunk at Mirage Lounge right now as I type this..The warriors were hoping he'd show up with the rest of the young players this past week in Oakland..Didnt happen....1 to 4 odds Azu shows up on an episode of Cops (in Vegas) by 2009.

I unfortunately had a connect to Buke during his first run with us..

He and his family are both uber-Xian... brother is still a pastor or a reverend or whatever its called... one of my best friends was a super Xian girl who went on a couple dates with Buke's brother... She said that Buke has a chip on his shoulder around friends (who wouldnt? Fleecing NBA teams like he did) but she explicitly mentioned how he doesnt drink and is very against it...

I can see his ego getting bigger with an NBA contract, I can see him getting complacent, and I sure as :censored: don't want to see him on the W's during a contract year... but I'm nearly 100% certain this is a "good" kid who's just a selfish player with extremely limited skills...

The one thing she did keep mentioning: He loves himself... he'll talk about his plays on the W's, and about how tough it was for him w/o his dad...
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#35 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:20 am

510Reggae wrote:
Sid the Squid wrote:I personally think Azubuike's going to *dog it* now that he's got his contract...I love the game of basketball because you can't hide the inner selfish pig in you...Azubuike's drunk at Mirage Lounge right now as I type this..The warriors were hoping he'd show up with the rest of the young players this past week in Oakland..Didnt happen....1 to 4 odds Azu shows up on an episode of Cops (in Vegas) by 2009.

I unfortunately had a connect to Buke during his first run with us..

He and his family are both uber-Xian... brother is still a pastor or a reverend or whatever its called... one of my best friends was a super Xian girl who went on a couple dates with Buke's brother... She said that Buke has a chip on his shoulder around friends (who wouldnt? Fleecing NBA teams like he did) but she explicitly mentioned how he doesnt drink and is very against it...

I can see his ego getting bigger with an NBA contract, I can see him getting complacent, and I sure as :censored: don't want to see him on the W's during a contract year... but I'm nearly 100% certain this is a "good" kid who's just a selfish player with extremely limited skills...

The one thing she did keep mentioning: He loves himself... he'll talk about his plays on the W's, and about how tough it was for him w/o his dad...
Here you go Reg

http://thevegaseye.com/home/2008/7/18/w ... erver.html
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by FNQ » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:46 am

Wow... wouldnt have believed it if I didnt see that... so much for his good boy angle :lol:
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#37 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:01 pm

Xtians are allowed to appreciate giant boobies just like everyone else.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#38 » by GSWhoopfan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:40 pm

Kosta at least had 1 memorable game...can Cakes say that?
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by FNQ » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:32 am

If what Kosta did was memorable, so was O'Bryant's games vs. LAC... so yes.

Neither one did crap for the W's... but one has potential and one flat out doesn't..
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#40 » by Mylie10 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:44 am

510Reggae wrote:If what Kosta did was memorable, so was O'Bryant's games vs. LAC... so yes.

Neither one did crap for the W's... but one has potential and one flat out doesn't..

To get technical, POB had 2 good games against the Clippers, one each season. He played well in the same game Kosta did. He also outplayed Andrew Bynum in 2 consecutive pre-season games last year when the back-up center position was said to be his.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors