ImageImageImageImageImage

Amare, anyone?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Amare, anyone? 

Post#1 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Feb 6, 2009 4:00 am

From the way we blew out the Suns the other day, it seems like the Suns are just about done competing for a playoff spot this season. And, according to Yahoo! Sports, Steve Kerr has made it known that everyone is on the table to discuss about a trade (except Steve Nash). I know it wouldn't make sense to trade some pieces since we're not going to be anywhere near a playoff berth, but why not? If we can deal for Amare, we'd be lucky to have him for a season and a half until he goes into the big FA market in 2010. This is what I propose:

GSW gives:
Andris Biedrins + Corey Maggette + Marcus Williams + Brandan Wright + Kelenna Azubuike

PHX gives:
Amare Stoudemire + Leandro Barbosa + Robin Lopez

Why this works for both:

GSW: They get their legit PF who can play on both ends of the floor. And we get another lightning-quick PG in Barbosa who'd fit in nicely with Nelly Ball (even though its getting pretty tiring right now, but that's what we have to endure for the next 2 seasons).

PHX: They get a really good C in Andris (the real steal in the deal) who will be an AllStar next year. And the rest will get the chance to play more under Terry Porter (hopefully Williams can prove old man Nelson wrong).
danbanger
Senior
And1: 11

Re: Amare, anyone? 

Post#2 » by danbanger » Fri Feb 6, 2009 4:11 am

i definitely wouldn't trade away our future, biedrins / wright, for amare who is basically would be a 1year lease like you said.

I don't get this proposal, especially coming from a warriors fan
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#3 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Feb 6, 2009 4:22 am

Yeah, but that's the sacrifice I would be willing to make. It's frustrating to see Andris to not even develop a more polished game (I know, he's only 22 and getting to 23) and he does NOT have a jump shot. And the others I've mentioned: Corey is STILL a cancer, to most of us, so why not make this best situation to get him the hell out? Marcus Williams would welcome this trade to get more playing time since he's not in any kind of shape Nelly wants him to be. Brandan Wright has been dubbed "Brandan Wrong" and "Vagina Hertz" (from some). 'Nuff said. Kelenna, although having a decent season, has been dubbed "Horror Story" (which is something I don't get).

So, to suit everybody's interest/wishes, I think these are the right pieces to make it work. But yeah, Andris is probably the most valuable piece here, but you have to be willing to give up your best piece for another pretty good piece, as well.

I think Rowell (or Cohan?) will be willing to spend all their $$$ on a talent like Amare. Also, Amare will still be close for us to grab since he'll currently be in the Bay Area.

We'll see though...
nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#4 » by nismolos » Fri Feb 6, 2009 4:34 am

No Thanks. I wont trade more Offense for Defense. We need to IMPROVE in the defense department, not trade out best defensive player.
Dark Star
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Dark Star » Fri Feb 6, 2009 4:39 am

NO MAN WTF ARE YOU THINKING?!?

We gotta gid rid of Maggette and Crawford. We can use Wright to get a big. We CAN use Ellis or Jax but really shouldn't unless its for something REAL. Beans is way off limits, Randy IS the future, and Ellis can be the future if he comes back to the road he was on before the scooter. Jax can be a huge piece but if he's in the wrong role he can be a detriment.

BEANS IS OFF LIMITS unless its for LBJ or KOBE...not that dramatic with beans but have a little respect for the man. We really should be trying to find a star to go with ELLIS-RANDY-BEANS-jax to a lesser extent. At least that's my opinion.
oaktown_refugee wrote:lol @ Cheney as "shooting" guard...
BeRight32
Banned User

Post#6 » by BeRight32 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:04 am

Incoming Players
Matt Barnes

Amare Stoudemire

Outgoing Players
Rob Kurz

Marcus Williams

Anthony Randolph

Jamal Crawford

Kelenna Azubuike

*EDIT

or take out barnes/Williamsand kurz

or take those players out and give/swap 2009 picks
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#7 » by Commodor » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:09 am

foyle... your dumb... so dumb
Dark Star
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Dark Star » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:37 am

Why does anyone want to trade Randolph???
oaktown_refugee wrote:lol @ Cheney as "shooting" guard...
BeRight32
Banned User

Post#9 » by BeRight32 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:41 am

Amare over Randolph as long as nellie's is coaching.
Dark Star
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by Dark Star » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:56 am

Amare over Randolph if he has a 4 year deal but he doesn't. Nellie would outlive Amare if he came here.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#11 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:41 am

Wright, Crawford, Maggette for Amare, Barbosa
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#12 » by Coxy » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:51 am

Main thing to point out here IF Amare is seriously for sale in Phoenix is the fact that WE definately have the pieces to get a deal done. Maggette, Wright, Randolph, Crawford, Biedrins, Bukie, Williams and more could be available.

If we could keep Andris Biedrins, Monta Ellis and Stephen Jackson I would throw whatever they want at them to get a PF like Amare. Amare and Andris together would be something to behold.

Nellie and Amare together would be a match made in heaven.

PG. CJ Watson
SG. Monta Ellis
SF. Stephen Jackson
PF. Amare Stoudemire
C. Andris Biedrins

Could work...............
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#13 » by Coxy » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:53 am

Twinkie defense wrote:Wright, Crawford, Maggette for Amare, Barbosa

Twinkie, if that works in the trade checker then thats the one. I drool at that deal. :P
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,846

Post#14 » by giberish » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:20 am

GS's offer would have to be 1 or 2 of (Wright, Randolf, 09 1st) + 1 of (Maggs, Jackson, Crawford) - possibly two of them if Barbosa is included. Including Andris would be a horrible mistake. He's exactly the type of post player Amare fits best with (and he's the Warrior's best player).

The problem is that Phoenix wants under the luxury tax next year, so they want a big part of the salary coming back as EC(s). GS would have to find a 3rd team to turn and expensive wing into an expiring contract package which could be very difficult.
$Money$
Freshman

Post#15 » by $Money$ » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:59 am

I posted a trade thread about Amare in the trade section, silly me. SO hear it goes again since it seems like its getting more play over here.

SJAX, Turiaf and Wright for Amare. (it works)

Suns want something back for NOW, Nash and Shaq arent getting any younger. SJAX makes them better defensively and keeps the ball moving, Turiaf is the perfect back up big man for a contending team (certainly not us), and Wright gives them a fun little project.

Suns:
PG-Nash
SG-JRICH
SF-Jax
PF-eh, maybe Turiaf
C-Shaq

Bench Mr. Fila, Barbosa, whoever else...

We get Amare for a one year rental, if we start playing well maybe he resigns and loves playing next to Beans who will not take any of his shots down low and has two good guards to run with in Craw and Money. Mags comes off the bench as he should and we keep randolf.

I know everyone wants to get rid of Mags and or Crawford first and foremost, but i dont think its reasonable. SJAX is one of best trade pieces for teams wanting to win now.

PS> Maybe the Spurs still want Mags? Who is an expirer over there?
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#16 » by St.Nick » Fri Feb 6, 2009 9:02 am

S-Jax, Wright, Azubuike, pick swap (top-3 protected)
for
Amare and Amundsen

They end up getting a very tradeable vet in S-Jax, a PF of the future in Wright, a SG/SF to take over for Grant Hill in Azubuike, and likely a top-8 pick to take their PG or Center of the future (Thabeet, Holiday, Jordan Hill).

Nash/Barbosa/Dragic
J-Rich/Azubuike
S-Jax/Hill/Dudley
Wright/Barnes
Shaq/Lopez

That's a good lineup while still having a nice young player at every position to build with once Nash and Shaq become FA's in 2010.

For us, it would be a franchise changing move. We gain a nearly perfect PF/C in Amare (all offense, no defense :) ) who can run, beast it in the half court, and even hit a 15 footer....we lose depth at SF, but with Amare and Biedrins in the front court we could put some three guard lineups out there and not suffer on the boards.

I've said it before, but if we could add Kidd next season to a team with Amare then we'd be in tremendous shape.

2009-10

Kidd/CJ/Darren Collison (draft)
Monta/Morrow------Crawford (opt out, please)
Belinelli/Maggette
Amare/Randolph/Amundsen
Biedrins/Turiaf
$Money$
Freshman

Post#17 » by $Money$ » Fri Feb 6, 2009 9:12 am

Yea pretty much same trade i said, id be happy with either. But please no Jason Kidd, unless you a Cal grad. Other than that Jason Kidd is a has-been. I bet he wishes he woulda signed with Spurs now. HAHAHA. Scrub choices for sure.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#18 » by old rem » Fri Feb 6, 2009 12:02 pm

crmc05 wrote:i definitely wouldn't trade away our future, biedrins / wright, for amare who is basically would be a 1year lease like you said.

I don't get this proposal, especially coming from a warriors fan

100% agree.

Amare AND Biedrins can be impact but Amare INSTEAD OF...that's dumb and us adding a lot to Andris who IS not just a temp soon to be MEGA $-------WTF?

Beans GETS rebounds. NOBODY else we have will and Nellie's warped take is to prod a SG to grab one more board per so he can keep promoting his proprietary brand of small ball/run +gun.

Even if you subtract Nellie and coach x steps in...Beans is SIGNED UP-Amare is not -and will cost more. Amare is a + on scoring but we DO scoring. We NEED rebounds/Defense and Beans is all that.

For US....Beans>>Amare.
so..Beans AND Be Right? ........eat me. :evil:
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#19 » by old rem » Fri Feb 6, 2009 12:39 pm

Show me Amare for B Wright and Jack-----with Amare a S+T keeper...whoa Nellie...I'm for that.
Azubuike is VERY cost effective and getting better. Beans is VERY cost effective and getting better.
IMHO (well F*** the humble because I'm not having doubts) Bieddrins and Buike are long term keepers.

Amare is a rather weak link on D...not "awful" but not a plus. In the right context...the right pricwe tag...sure. The OP is not CLOSE to okay.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#20 » by old rem » Fri Feb 6, 2009 1:46 pm

Nick..if we git Amare as a signed up keeper--fine. as is he's as much a temperary feel good patch as a real step ahead. Our top 10 pick and Be Right are rather cost effective keepers. Amare can be big-but not big enough and unless we KNOW we keep him-he's worth not even part of this cost.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Golden State Warriors