ImageImageImageImageImage

Amare, anyone?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Amare, anyone? 

Post#121 » by Mylie10 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:20 am

I'm leaning towards just keeping the twig tandem and seeing if they can mature into that player or players that transform us into something special. It's the most cost effective way for us to get better.

We've already doled out the money to Beans and he is right on track value wise. He's untradeable unless he's involved in a can't miss no brainer. Amare is damn good, but not at the expense of losing him and the talent it took to get him just for one year of hopeful glory.

Wright and Randolph might not pan out, but for the money they're costing us it's a better bet. Randolph's oozing star potential. 3 years from now what's he gonna look like? Wright may not ooze the same potential, but he's the type of player that winning teams need. An efficient long smart player that plays within himself. Not everyone can be the MAN. Let Anthony be the MAN and let Brandan be the glue along with Beans.

I almost have Beans at no trade status. I'm not crazy about dealing Monta either, but he's in a different class now.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#122 » by Commodor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:17 am

im torn. were gonna have to give up ellis/biedrins, bwright/randolph, and a maggette/crawford, plus probably a pick. amare would be great in our system easily, and he'd be a 25+ scorer, potentially more if he meshes with nelly. if we can sneak barbosa with amare i would be on board with almost anything.

O and bring back barnes so him and monta can challenge kenyon martin and chris anderson for most tatted duo in the league.
I'm gonna assume we get lucky just for the sake of feeling good.
bwright, crawford, buike protected 1st round
amare barbosa

ellis/barbosa
belenelli/morrow
jackson/maggette
amare/randolph
biedrins/turiaf

i love maggette off the bench, but i think barbosa probably could earn a start at the 2 eventually if we really wanted some speed
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#123 » by migya » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:32 am

I like the enthusisam for Biedrins but the guy won't get much better. He'd have to add alot more skills and he likely won't. I think he knows his job on this team and that is to rebound, defend inside and score on putbacks and passes when he is close to the basket. He is valuable to the team, most valuable player right now as he does things noone else does for the team right now, but he is not a star and not as good as Amare, who is sick of being in Phoenix and needs to leave. Amare last season was a top 5 player and the season before that he wasn't far off either. he is just not happy there.

No need to give Biedrins in a trade for Amare, especially if Suns still have Shaq as that is a VERY clumsy setup with those two there. BWright or Randolph have potential oozing out of everywhere and they could be as good as Amare within three years, they just have to be given the chance, not like the knucklehead coach here uses them.

Getting Amare and still having Monta, Biedrins and SJackson (effective as the third option as he showed last season), is a great top four players, possibly best top four of any nba team. Still haningeither BWright or Randolph means the team has a rising star that can be a starter even
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#124 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:36 am

migya wrote:I like the enthusisam for Biedrins but the guy won't get much better. He'd have to add alot more skills and he likely won't.

He's 22 dillhole. He's the age of a college senior. Get a grip.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#125 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:38 am

migya wrote:Amare last season was a top 5 player and the season before that he wasn't far off either.

Top 5 player? You don't really pay much attention to the defensive end do you?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
ARisYourDaddy
Junior
And1: 1

Post#126 » by ARisYourDaddy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:13 am

Without an elite PG! I think it would be very hard to see Amare being very successful with the W's!
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,844

Post#127 » by giberish » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:32 am

apcoxy wrote:
BeRight32 wrote:
apcoxy wrote:Although, when I think about it, if there is a deal in the works it will probably be for both Andris and Monta. Warrior luck.

I would hate it if Andris and Monta both got traded.

OT: Your avatar is freaky as hell

Both would suck but I could handle Monta being traded in a second, but not Biedrins.

Yea, thats me after a coffee each morning. :P

Due to BYC issues, it would be difficult to include either Monta or Andris in an Amare deal. It would definately take a 3rd team willing to add Maggs (or maybe Jackson or Crawford) just to up the total $$ so the 125% rule would cover the difference. It's pretty much impossible to include both and make a deal work
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,664

Post#128 » by Coxy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:58 am

giberish wrote:Due to BYC issues, it would be difficult to include either Monta or Andris in an Amare deal. It would definately take a 3rd team willing to add Maggs (or maybe Jackson or Crawford) just to up the total $$ so the 125% rule would cover the difference. It's pretty much impossible to include both and make a deal work

Good.
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#129 » by warriortone » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:27 am

We're not getting Amar'e. We don't have the pieces the Suns are looking for and the BYC issues with Monta and Andris seal the deal.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
Jcrawful11
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#130 » by Jcrawful11 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:37 am

Its pathetic how you guys are giving up on Randolph and Wright already. We shouldn't trade for neither Bosh or Amare. Our future looks bright. We only need a new HC.

Ellis
Belinelli
Randolph
Wright
Biedrins
ARisYourDaddy
Junior

Post#131 » by ARisYourDaddy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:55 am

FF that! I'd trade potential for the real deal any day! If they wanted AR and Wright they can have the both of them...
bill curley II
Lead Assistant

Post#132 » by bill curley II » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:06 am

Jcrawful11 wrote:Its pathetic how you guys are giving up on Randolph and Wright already. We shouldn't trade for neither Bosh or Amare. Our future looks bright. We only need a new HC.

Ellis
Belinelli
Randolph
Wright
Biedrins

Any perennial loser can field a team full of prospects and say their future is bright.
migya
Head Coach

Post#133 » by migya » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:31 am

i
Sleepy51 wrote:
migya wrote:I like the enthusisam for Biedrins but the guy won't get much better. He'd have to add alot more skills and he likely won't.

He's 22 dillhole. He's the age of a college senior. Get a grip.

No need for the name calling nob end.

Biedrins doesn't have any real offensive skills and doesn't look like he will either, though he might as he is young and it is all up to him wanting to improve. He is a rebounder and defender, as well as a scorer around the basket only and that is off putbacks and setups from others

Sleepy51 wrote:
migya wrote:Amare last season was a top 5 player and the season before that he wasn't far off either.

Top 5 player? You don't really pay much attention to the defensive end do you?

Amare blocked over two shots a game, I think he is a good defender, not great, but good, better than Bosh.

Look at what Amare did last season, he was definately among the best players in the nba. This season he is not happy and wants out of Phoenix, reason why he is doing average by his standards
migya
Head Coach

Post#134 » by migya » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:33 am

bill curley II wrote:
Jcrawful11 wrote:Its pathetic how you guys are giving up on Randolph and Wright already. We shouldn't trade for neither Bosh or Amare. Our future looks bright. We only need a new HC.

Ellis
Belinelli
Randolph
Wright
Biedrins

Any perennial loser can field a team full of prospects and say their future is bright.

That and BWright and Randolph aren't used here. Nelson, the one to blame for the lack of use of the young bigs, just signed an extension, so he is here for a while longer. Nelson plays proven talent, he would use Bosh well
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#135 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:38 am

Sleepy wrote:Acquiring Stoudamire smells like a win-now move.

Amare is 26 years old!

Plus, Amare is better than any single player the Warriors have, and he's a big man.

Trading for a big, getting the best player in the deal... and the guy you get is a 26 year old All Star?

I'm smellin' too much homer love in this thread guys... there's a reason we're .327, and it's not because Nellie can't coach.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#136 » by TB » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:00 am

Twinkie defense wrote:

Amare is 26 years old!

Plus, Amare is better than any single player the Warriors have, and he's a big man.

Trading for a big, getting the best player in the deal... and the guy you get is a 26 year old All Star?

I'm smellin' too much homer love in this thread guys... there's a reason we're .327, and it's not because Nellie can't coach.

Gotta remember the contract though. Dude could bolt in 2010... especially if the knicks don't get lebron, he will be dying to go to NY with his old coach.

For some reason I like the chances of keeping Bosh past 2010 than keeping Amare past 2010.
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 68
Location: The Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt.

Post#137 » by Sleepy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:08 am

Twinkie defense wrote:

Amare is 26 years old!

... non seqitur?

Sure, trade for Amare, that's not the problem. Even trading the farm for him is not the problem. It's not how much we give up, but what we give up for him. If acquiring Amare leaves us with an ancient Jack and some not-ready-yet guys, which direction are we going then? 30 wins till he opts out?

It's like trading for KG, but then being left with Rob Kurz starting at C. Makes just no sense...

I'd rather trade every available first round pick from today till 2015 before parting with Andris in such a move.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#138 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:17 am

What's a non sequitur?

Sure, the questions are what do you give up, and how long does he stay?

Drawing the line below Biedrins, as if, if it were possible under the CBA, that we don't do Goose for Amare straight up - well then you guys are such homers for the Warriors roster that you don't realize how good other guys around the League are, compared to our guys. HELLO?! Amare is better than Biedrins.

How long does he stay? Well that's important, too. Oftentimes trades happen with an extension pre-arranged... that's what shot down KG to the Warriors, he wouldn't agree to an extension here. Also, the home team can give more years and more dollars, which tends to sway players.
migya
Head Coach

Post#139 » by migya » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:28 am

Twinkie defense wrote:

Amare is 26 years old!

That's it, everyone likes their young guy's "potential" but usually nothing eventuates, especially with a stubborn coach that doesn't like to use his young players.

Amare is still young, already proven and wants out of where he is, perfect time to get him. He is used to playing in a ver similar type of style that we have here so he is a great fit
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 68
Location: The Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt.

Post#140 » by Sleepy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:37 am

Twinkie defense wrote:What's a non sequitur?

Sure, the questions are what do you give up, and how long does he stay?

Drawing the line below Biedrins, as if, if it were possible under the CBA, that we don't do Goose for Amare straight up - well then you guys are such homers for the Warriors roster that you don't realize how good other guys around the League are, compared to our guys. HELLO?! Amare is better than Biedrins.

How long does he stay? Well that's important, too. Oftentimes trades happen with an extension pre-arranged... that's what shot down KG to the Warriors, he wouldn't agree to an extension here. Also, the home team can give more years and more dollars, which tends to sway players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

Means 'does not follow' in latin. In this case, it meant that your point (Amare is better than Andris) does not follow my point (trading Amare for Andris is stupid).

Acquiring Bosh or Amare, to me, is like saying: F... dem young guys, we can find adequate young players from the trash heap of basketball (Morrow, Azu, (Kurz)). No need to spent lottery picks on that. Let's go for the proven player route.
OK... that's a plan. Probably not my favourite one, but after all, it's worth considering. But if you want proven, ready players, why would you want to trade your own established players away.

Let's say Boston offers KG for Andris/Wright/Randolph/Turiaf. Wow, it's KG, he's probably better than Andris, Turiaf, BW or AR will ever be. Whoot! But that leaves us with Kurz and Azu at C. All we have accomplished here is kicking KG in the nuts... and that can be achieved a lot cheaper (and less painfull for Garnett).

I've no problem with the opinion that Amare is > Andris. I don't think so (from a team player perspective). But this doesn't make a Amare for Andris (plus X) trade a winner for us. It might get us 9 wins more per season, for 7mio more bucks and an ETO in 2010. Is that worth it?

Return to Golden State Warriors