Post#1 » by yeefashoomark » Wed Jul 1, 2009 3:50 am

it looks like the warriors are getting amare after all

http://phoenix.fanster.com/suns/2009/06 ... t-of-town/
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,145

Re: amare on his way to the warriors!! 

Post#2 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Jul 1, 2009 3:55 am

He thinks he's going to be traded, no guarantee he's going to the GSW though because of the low ball offer you're trying to give the suns.
BananaMuffin
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#3 » by BananaMuffin » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:00 am

I don't want a player who almost breaks their foot after stepping on their valet's foot. -.-
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#4 » by Commodor » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:05 am

I dont know how the Suns would feel about this but I'm starting to think we should throw ellis instead of biedrins. Amare obviously doesnt want to play center anymore, I say give them Monta then. We have enough guards, and amare can definetly replace the scoring we'll lose. I love Monta, but a combo of Amare beans will be solid. Randolph will have to play SF, and nelly wont like it but we can still play "small" if wanted.

Ellis/Wright/Buike

Curry/Cj or whoever we find
Jackson/Morrow/Belli
Randolph/Maggs
Amare/Randolph
Biedrins/Turiaf
Subaculta
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Subaculta » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:06 am

ginobiliflops wrote:because of the low ball offer you're trying to give the suns.

Sweet... then Suns management shouldn't take the "low ball offer", and instead go with a higher offer...

oh wait, there is no better offer? then the market has spoken, and the Warrior's offer (w/o Curry) is the best they can get (thereby making it anything but a "low ball offer")

thanks for the sig Boogie!
bluemoonodom
Junior

Post#6 » by bluemoonodom » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:11 am

Subaculta wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:because of the low ball offer you're trying to give the suns.

Sweet... then Suns management shouldn't take the "low ball offer", and instead go with a higher offer...

oh wait, there is no better offer? then the market has spoken, and the Warrior's offer (w/o Curry) is the best they can get (thereby making it anything but a "low ball offer")

+1 :wink:
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#7 » by bballguy50 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:24 am

ivang101 wrote:I dont know how the Suns would feel about this but I'm starting to think we should throw ellis instead of biedrins.

Intriguing. But I wouldn't want to start Curry, so we'd have to find someone decent (Andre Miller?) if we can. Trading for Monta would certainly mean the Suns move Nash, if they didn't have that in mind already. At the same time though, they wouldn't have any big men left if we offered Monta instead of Beans, but that's where they can then trade Nash for a big. Hmm...
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#8 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:34 am

They wanted Curry right? Well Monta is like Curry but better. Warriors need to send out about $13 mil - Monta/Wright/2010 #1 pick.

I don't think changing the protection of the Jersey pick will be a problem.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#9 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:42 am

Phoenix needs a pick, they don't have one next year - and it will probably be a high pick they lose. In a better draft.
lllleviathanlll
Junior

Post#10 » by lllleviathanlll » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:42 am

bballguy50 wrote:
ivang101 wrote:I dont know how the Suns would feel about this but I'm starting to think we should throw ellis instead of biedrins.

Intriguing. But I wouldn't want to start Curry, so we'd have to find someone decent (Andre Miller?) if we can. Trading for Monta would certainly mean the Suns move Nash, if they didn't have that in mind already. At the same time though, they wouldn't have any big men left if we offered Monta instead of Beans, but that's where they can then trade Nash for a big. Hmm...

Imagine how many assists Nash would get, feeding to Ellis. ellis is a 2 guard.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#11 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:44 am

Maybe Nellie was restrained when Curry was available at number 7 because he was thinking, well, there goes Amare...
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Chris Cohan » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:46 am

The particular folks hopping on pop here says about all that need be said...
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#13 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:49 am

Hopping on pop here what does that mean? You speak Martian.
bluemoonodom
Junior

Post#14 » by bluemoonodom » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:52 am

Twinkie defense wrote:Hopping on pop here what does that mean? You speak Martian.

Na, Cohan is speaking Dr Suess. But I still don't know what it means. :-?
JSrose115
Junior
And1: 10

Post#15 » by JSrose115 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:55 am

nice hopefully this is true, i agree the only piece i would consider the warriors moving is monta...but who knows...hopefully we dont have to give up beans....amare doesnt like to play center...will see in the coming days as the FA starts tomorrow!!!
GDS20
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by GDS20 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:59 am

Amar'e dosent want to play For W's, I dont know if he's going to give it is all on the court, so Pass
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,664

Post#17 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 5:07 am

Oh man, I hate seeing reports like this come out.

(That valet I hired didn't do his job right, whats this "nearly" broke his foot crap)
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#18 » by turk3d » Wed Jul 1, 2009 5:18 am

Amare doesn't want to play for the Suns and will play wherever they pay him but will play wherever they trade him to this coming year and you can almost be sure he will be traded somewhere and it will be pretty soon.

1) Phoenix wants to trade him (they're on a major salary purge)

2) Amare wants to be traded (has no desire to play for Kerry and the Suns)

3) Nellie wants Amare (but is restricted on what he can offer him due to Cohan/Rowell purse strings)

4) Amare (if he's not going to get max money or an extension this season, and likely isn't) would rather play for the team where he'll be handed the keys to the car and have a monster year so he can cash in the following one, and Nellie's the coach, and the Warriors are the team he can do it for.

Amare is now thinking more about the team he's going to be playing for than he is about the one he's currently playing for which is why he's making it difficult for Phoenix and practically eliminating any leverage that they might possibly have. The longer they wait, the worse it's going to get for them in trying to get fair market value in return for him.

Anyone who would trade for Amare and give him max money right now would have to be either insane (or incredibly stupid). Amare must prove himself this year (by staying injury free) before anyone will be willing to give him max money. And if you believe that BS that Kerr is going to give him an extension, I've got a bridge to sell you. See Monty Poole's article in today's Mercury regarding Amare below and it will explain a lot of what I'm saying.

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_12717446
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,664

Post#19 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 5:30 am

Amare and Max money should never be put in the same sentence.
GDS20
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by GDS20 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 5:40 am

Some teams are dumb enough to offer him a Max contract

Return to Golden State Warriors