ImageImageImageImageImage

amare on his way to the warriors!!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

dr_peb
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: amare on his way to the warriors!! 

Post#21 » by dr_peb » Wed Jul 1, 2009 5:57 am

I don't think its dumb for a NY-area team or a team with Chinese investors to offer him max money. Their business model depends on spending into the luxury: they'll continue to attract FA's, they'll continue to attract (inter)national media attention. They can afford to do it and their ticket and tv revenues will bankroll it all.

Bigmen that can score is the obvious way to contention, an extra $5 mil isn't going to scare teams off when they have one of the 3 biggest stars and/or 2 biggest markets in the country.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#22 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 6:14 am

^^^ Well, if thats the case, we should trade for Yi right now and look for some Chinese investors. Yi will be the only Chinaman in the NBA shortly.........................
dr_peb
Sophomore

Post#23 » by dr_peb » Wed Jul 1, 2009 6:36 am

Coxy wrote:^^^ Well, if thats the case, we should trade for Yi right now and look for some Chinese investors. Yi will be the only Chinaman in the NBA shortly.........................

I pray every night for Larry Ellison and the owners of Hello Kitty to enter a partnership to buy the warriors....
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#24 » by DirtyDez » Wed Jul 1, 2009 6:47 am

GDS20 wrote:Some teams are dumb enough to offer him a Max contract

Yeah like the Warriors before Curry fell to #7 :lol:
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#25 » by turk3d » Wed Jul 1, 2009 6:49 am

dr_peb wrote:I don't think its dumb for a NY-area team or a team with Chinese investors to offer him max money. Their business model depends on spending into the luxury: they'll continue to attract FA's, they'll continue to attract (inter)national media attention. They can afford to do it and their ticket and tv revenues will bankroll it all.

Bigmen that can score is the obvious way to contention, an extra $5 mil isn't going to scare teams off when they have one of the 3 biggest stars and/or 2 biggest markets in the country.

Why should they? Everyone knows that Lebron is the NY target and Bosh is as well (with Wade even being a possibility). If they were to sign Amare to an extension, they'd essentially be giving up on one of those guys when they don't really have to. Amare will be available next year (or the year after worse case can when his current contract expires).

As for the money, even teams like the ones you mentioned still need to exercise some fiscal responsibility, particular with the economy the way it. Furthermore, with Amare and his potential for injury, you have to consider salary cap constraints a big contract for a number could have on the trams future. How many years have the Knicks been in the doldrums due to bad signings? All it would take is a career ending injury to Amare in his first two years, and they would be back in cap hell once again. Again, I say it would be foolish for anyone to give him a max contract right now until he can prove he's fully recuperated and not necessary.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Coxy
RealGM

Post#26 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:05 am

Exactly Turk. Max money is for particularly good franchise players that are not injury liabilities. Philli is paying for it as well as Washington.

Surely Nellie and Riley wont fork out big dollars to a guy with injury concerns.

This deal with Amare is a trap. Its a curve ball. A trojan virus. Its a shark even though it looks like a dolphin. Its like buying a used car from "Dodgy Bothers", Its that last sip of coffee from your mug that has the big sugar buildup, it is the Challenger disaster................
dr_peb
Sophomore

Post#27 » by dr_peb » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:34 am

interesting: http://twitter.com/ricbucher

Nellie and someone in phoenix are probably playing the media but just when i thought we could put this to rest, it looks like its not completely dead.
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#28 » by Chris Cohan » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:45 am

Here we go again.
Better happen if Nelson is yammering about it now.

What's the take if Nellie's bragging and it doesn't work out?
If it does?

PR plants?
Coxy
RealGM

Post#29 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:55 am

@kdaewoo Hard to read: 1 Suns source says it'll happen. Another says prob not. Nelly is crowing he's getting Amare. 2nd Ws source not sure.

Nellie should be banned from drinking scotch in June and July.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#30 » by old rem » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:32 am

Twinkie defense wrote:They wanted Curry right? Well Monta is like Curry but better. Warriors need to send out about $13 mil - Monta/Wright/2010 #1 pick.

I don't think changing the protection of the Jersey pick will be a problem.

But changing the NBA rulebook would be more difficult. We can't trade a 2010 since we traded the 2011.

...there is a problem about Amare not wanting to go to GSW (no contract=No deal) Maybe if we still have our Latvian...he likes us. Maybe the thing about not being a contender for about 30 years would still bother him...

...and maybe he can't pass a physical?

And...we will have to send out more. Amare won't be signing at $13 mill.
CENSORED... No comment.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#31 » by migya » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:38 am

To say that Amare, who is 26 years old and came back from microsurgery with arguably his best season, is injuryprone, past it, not a star anymore etc., is pathetic. The Warriors have ALWAYS needed a star bigman that fits into the running system of Nelson and low and behold, Amare has already showed for years that he is great in just that type of system, as Phoenix was always a run and gun team.

Amare's first full season back from microsurgery, some four years ago, he had numbers of 25pts, 9rebs, 2blks, great FG% (not looking at the stats right now but easy to look up). That's superstarnumbers and performance.

Curry is what, a combo guard that can score and plays no real defense. Yea, exactly what the team needs, another one of those. Baffles me how people always talk about "in a few years this team will be great, a real contender, yadi yada", what crap and has been the story since RunTMC. The team has a chance to get a player that COULD make them a contender, filling huge needs of inside scoring and star bigman. He is the one piece of the puzzle that would make a HUGE difference and the team could go from again a scrub team to contender in one hit.

What could go wrong with Amare on the team - Attitude is the biggest thing. He has not been a headcase, like what SJackson has done in his career, but he has shown signs of unhappiness and his pusssy attitude of not wanting to play Center is just that and a hinderance to his team. Here, he would be the Center, end of story and he has the physical attributes and skills to do well AGAIN at Center.

Biedrins, BW and Belinelli is a steal for the team in getting Amare. I'd throw in Curry if needed, as he is not a proper PG as such, more of a shooter, and too much like Monta, a slender,non defensive guard that would have to outscore his opponent to be an asset, as he is not going to stophis opponent from scoring. If Phoenix would do Monta instead of Biedrins in the above trade, great, then Curry (if kept, which then he'd really have to as there is no other starting PG worthy player on the team currently) would be the starting PG.

Yea, Amare may not resign here, but that should not scare the team off or we'd never go after anyone. Better to have an extension signed by Amare, but if that doesn't happen, still do the trade. If Amare walks, you have alot of money to work with and that can be used to get another star or just dangle it for one or two other players on the team to get IF they get good enough, like AR.

Really an all win situation as this team isn't going to win anything the way it is and will continue to be an insignificance as it has been in the nba for a long time!
old rem
RealGM

Post#32 » by old rem » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:42 am

dr_peb wrote:I don't think its dumb for a NY-area team or a team with Chinese investors to offer him max money. Their business model depends on spending into the luxury: they'll continue to attract FA's, they'll continue to attract (inter)national media attention. They can afford to do it and their ticket and tv revenues will bankroll it all.

And yet Toronto,OKC and the Suns all missed the playoffs.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#33 » by old rem » Wed Jul 1, 2009 9:20 am

migya wrote:To say that Amare, who is 26 years old and came back from microsurgery with arguably his best season, is injuryprone, past it, not a star anymore etc., is pathetic. The Warriors have ALWAYS needed a star bigman that fits into the running system of Nelson and low and behold, Amare has already showed for years that he is great in just that type of system, as Phoenix was always a run and gun team.

Amare's first full season back from microsurgery, some four years ago, he had numbers of 25pts, 9rebs, 2blks, great FG% (not looking at the stats right now but easy to look up). That's superstarnumbers and performance.

Curry is what, a combo guard that can score and plays no real defense. Yea, exactly what the team needs, another one of those. Baffles me how people always talk about "in a few years this team will be great, a real contender, yadi yada", what crap and has been the story since RunTMC. The team has a chance to get a player that COULD make them a contender, filling huge needs of inside scoring and star bigman. He is the one piece of the puzzle that would make a HUGE difference and the team could go from again a scrub team to contender in one hit.

What could go wrong with Amare on the team - Attitude is the biggest thing. He has not been a headcase, like what SJackson has done in his career, but he has shown signs of unhappiness and his pusssy attitude of not wanting to play Center is just that and a hinderance to his team. Here, he would be the Center, end of story and he has the physical attributes and skills to do well AGAIN at Center.

Biedrins, BW and Belinelli is a steal for the team in getting Amare. I'd throw in Curry if needed, as he is not a proper PG as such, more of a shooter, and too much like Monta, a slender,non defensive guard that would have to outscore his opponent to be an asset, as he is not going to stophis opponent from scoring. If Phoenix would do Monta instead of Biedrins in the above trade, great, then Curry (if kept, which then he'd really have to as there is no other starting PG worthy player on the team currently) would be the starting PG.

Yea, Amare MAY NOT RESIGN HERE, :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: but that should not scare the team off or we'd never go after anyone. Better to have an extension signed by Amare, but if that doesn't happen, still do the trade. If Amare walks, you have alot of money to work with and that can be used to get another star or just dangle it for one or two other players on the team to get IF they get good enough, like AR.

Really an all win situation as this team isn't going to win anything the way it is and will continue to be an insignificance as it has been in the nba for a long time!

So...we give Biedrins,or Ellis and 2 real nice recent #1's with still untapped upside (please sir.we have no more to sacrafice...take our children....) to RENT Amare as a little feel good scheme......then we are set back......a LOT ...but do have a little money to spend on a FA. So...we can maybe do the Maggette deal again? Maybe a bit worse next time?

C'mon.....miraculously...Minny let Curry get loose from their point G hoarding grip...Nellie put his foot down (Shooters! More Shooters!) though he wanted Amare (Shooter!)

Amare...says GSW is giving up to much. Amare? I'd take his advice serious. Whadya need next? Divine intervention? Moses with stone tablets saying "Thou shall NOT trade the Latvian".

Amare won't get Max $. Oh? Really? Guess what...he won't SIGN until he sees that MAX $ and 4-5 teams are setting that money aside NOW to pay him next summer.

Sure...we can do a fatal leap....get a new toy....and cost ourselves the success we're set up for AS IS
(well...almost)
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#34 » by old rem » Wed Jul 1, 2009 9:47 am

ivang101 wrote:I dont know how the Suns would feel about this but I'm starting to think we should throw ellis instead of biedrins. Amare obviously doesnt want to play center anymore, I say give them Monta then. We have enough guards, and amare can definetly replace the scoring we'll lose. I love Monta, but a combo of Amare beans will be solid. Randolph will have to play SF, and nelly wont like it but we can still play "small" if wanted.

Ellis/Wright/Buike

Curry/Cj or whoever we find
Jackson/Morrow/Belli
Randolph/Maggs
Amare/Randolph
Biedrins/Turiaf

This is somewhat more do-able for us...and Amare might agree we would not be as gutted,and thus competitive (or at least not so stupid?) I see some salary gap between this and Amare as an extended. Replace Buike with Maggette and the Suns add a filler...and It's balanced. I DO still see Ellis/Wright/Azu as ALL very good players for the next 8-10 yr...so even this smaller offer is not something I am too happy about. At least I won't have a fit if it happened

By the way...Law ...I guess would still be on the roster for now,though this deal could mean CJ is back since neither Curry nor Law played PG here. Minus Ellis,Azu + Wright I guess we are done with being a speed team...but we'd sure have a LOT bigger lineup

The Sun's fan blog...really had nothing much. Amare has been on the block awhile,he expects something to happen....but the signals are quite mixed..the latest from him is he does not like the alleged GSW deal...and neither does GSW. The Suns LIKED it...since they get a LOT more than what seems to be the market value.
CENSORED... No comment.
migya
Head Coach

Post#35 » by migya » Wed Jul 1, 2009 10:38 am

old rem wrote:
migya wrote:To say that Amare, who is 26 years old and came back from microsurgery with arguably his best season, is injuryprone, past it, not a star anymore etc., is pathetic. The Warriors have ALWAYS needed a star bigman that fits into the running system of Nelson and low and behold, Amare has already showed for years that he is great in just that type of system, as Phoenix was always a run and gun team.

Yea, Amare MAY NOT RESIGN HERE, :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: but that should not scare the team off or we'd never go after anyone. Better to have an extension signed by Amare, but if that doesn't happen, still do the trade. If Amare walks, you have alot of money to work with and that can be used to get another star or just dangle it for one or two other players on the team to get IF they get good enough, like AR.

So...we give Biedrins,or Ellis and 2 real nice recent #1's with still untapped upside (please sir.we have no more to sacrafice...take our children....) to RENT Amare as a little feel good scheme......then we are set back......a LOT ...but do have a little money to spend on a FA. So...we can maybe do the Maggette deal again? Maybe a bit worse next time?

C'mon.....miraculously...Minny let Curry get loose from their point G hoarding grip...Nellie put his foot down (Shooters! More Shooters!) though he wanted Amare (Shooter!)

Amare...says GSW is giving up to much. Amare? I'd take his advice serious. Whadya need next? Divine intervention? Moses with stone tablets saying "Thou shall NOT trade the Latvian".

Amare won't get Max $. Oh? Really? Guess what...he won't SIGN until he sees that MAX $ and 4-5 teams are setting that money aside NOW to pay him next summer.

Sure...we can do a fatal leap....get a new toy....and cost ourselves the success we're set up for AS IS
(well...almost)

BWright and Belinelli are never going to be anything, especially here, as old man Nelson is a six/seven rotation guru. Therefore, better get the best six/seven players you can and as has been for some seven years now, Amare is one of the best bigmen in nba and he had all his success playing a style oh so similar to Nelson's. That's all green lights.

What does Currydog give us, another combo guard that likes to score his above all else, yea, exactly what this team needs, more of the same, personnel and result.

You have a chance to get a PROVEN bigman star for role players (at best) you do it
Traxxe
Banned User

Post#36 » by Traxxe » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:23 am

Amare wants the trade for Randolph. He wants to be the PF with Beans.

Inventor of Fansterbate:

"What if Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh could all sign with the Knicks. I just fansterbated all over my keyboard."
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#37 » by WarFan » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:38 am

Traxxe wrote:Amare wants the trade for Randolph. He wants to be the PF with Beans.

Fcuk! If this is true, it's the first thing to break my confidence that Randolph is untouchable this summer. Just a little mind you, but to be safe somebody needs to break all of Nellie's scotch bottles.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#38 » by WarFan » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:40 am

I'm really hoping you're a fraud by the way. No offense.
migya
Head Coach

Post#39 » by migya » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:44 am

Traxxe wrote:Amare wants the trade for Randolph. He wants to be the PF with Beans.

Amare can be thankful a team much like the one he's currently on wants him. If he's that much of a selfish prik, forget about him
Coxy
RealGM

Post#40 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 1:04 pm

Oh eff off troll. Stop that unfounded psycho babel and leave the rumour as is. No need for that dribble.

Provide a link or go away.

Return to Golden State Warriors