ImageImageImageImageImage

Andre Miller

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

kevin44
Senior
And1: 8

Andre Miller 

Post#1 » by kevin44 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 9:12 pm

I would make a real run at getting Miller. He would make this team, so much better. He's a big true pg and can play defense. If we start Ellis and Curry it will be fun to watch, but don't expect too many wins.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: Andre Miller 

Post#2 » by turk3d » Wed Jul 1, 2009 9:15 pm

Maggette for a S & T Miller (Warriors have option for 3rd year @ 8M per). Maybe have Philly kick in a #2 pick.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#3 » by bballguy50 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 9:21 pm

I've been pushing for Miller for a while. I would love it if we got him.

Doesn't he want to go back to Philly though? Or at least he wouldn't mind signing back with them.
kevin44
Senior

Post#4 » by kevin44 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 9:35 pm

Philadelphia only has the midlevel exception $5.6 million and he's worth more than that. I would do a sign and trade for him, but I don't think they would take Corey. Would you give Ellis up for him?
Subaculta
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Subaculta » Wed Jul 1, 2009 9:43 pm

kevin44 wrote:Philadelphia only has the midlevel exception $5.6 million and he's worth more than that. I would do a sign and trade for him, but I don't think they would take Corey. Would you give Ellis up for him?

for Miller?

first off, they have Bird rights on Miller, so they can go well over the MLE to resign him.

As far as for Ellis? Only if Nelson is in full on "win-now" mode would that happen. Also I would assume more then just Miller would have to be coming back the Warriors way.

thanks for the sig Boogie!
bballguy50
Veteran

Post#6 » by bballguy50 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 9:50 pm

I think they could use Maggs at the 2/3. He's better than Green, and Williams would take over at the 1.
kevin44
Senior

Post#7 » by kevin44 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 10:11 pm

I am sure we can get a #1 pick from them. If we add Miller and lose Ellis we are going to the playoffs for sure. I can't see ellis and curry playing together. Getting rid of Ellis now might seem crazy to most, but his large salary and attitude won't be missed. Curry averages 28 pts and a decent number of assists.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#8 » by turk3d » Wed Jul 1, 2009 10:14 pm

We're not giving up Ellis for him. Miller might make a pretty good compliment to Monta and Maggette's supposedly pretty tight with Brand. If you think Philly doesn't have financial room for Philly what makes you think they will for Monta, who costs considerably more?
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#9 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Jul 1, 2009 10:14 pm

Getting rid of Ellis now may not be crazy. Getting rid of Ellis now to get Andre Miller alone is completely and utterly crazy.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
[The_Answer]
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#10 » by [The_Answer] » Wed Jul 1, 2009 10:49 pm

on second thought..no. he is getting up their in age and we haven't given CJ much of a chance. plus we have Law who could be something good
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#11 » by old rem » Wed Jul 1, 2009 10:53 pm

kevin44 wrote:Philadelphia only has the midlevel exception $5.6 million and he's worth more than that. I would do a sign and trade for him, but I don't think they would take Corey. Would you give Ellis up for him?

Ellis? Miller is 33 or 34.....Ellis is 23. You gotta be kidding.

With us having Curry-Ellis-Law-Belinnelli,it is senseless to block their progress with a short timer or even to tilt the roster further to an excess of guards. The Sixers have $$ committed to Brand,Iggy,Daly and have SF's so...Maggette would not work. We have plenty of $$ committed to and won't bid full MLE...so the odds Miller is here are small.

What is important here is to see that it's at least 2 yr before we THINK we are a contender. When all these young guys we speculate about are roadtested and have established some role,some definite value..really shown the core of what they are becoming...then we start to fiddle with trading for that finishing piece. Otherwise,we further delay the maturing of the core...or as bad..find out too late we traded a keeper at less than half his worth. This past season was all fragmented between injuries and chronic Nellyisms. We got a LOT of clues..and few firm conclusions.

AR showed HINTS of big talent..and some folks already want to put up a large statue of him in the harbor. CJW earned respect..and it lasted about a week. Azubuike actually HAD a better season than any of our #1's since Biedrins..and some clowns want to "salary dump" him? Wright has had nothing but bad luck and obstacles and is called a puss? Biedrins/Ellis were our CORE...now we are bored kids who want new toys? Trade them for anyone FAMOUS.

If the deal is good....Maggette,Jackson,Law are very tradeable. No dead weight 4th string guards though. Get a big for depth + rebounds and we're good.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#12 » by old rem » Wed Jul 1, 2009 10:59 pm

[The_Answer] wrote:honestly if we could get Philly to do this it would be great. we would have a true PG and some one who could maybe even mentor Curry.

We can HIRE a former PG as an asst coach. You REALLY think Ellis for Miller makes any sense?
Do you remember Mookie Blaylock? Mark Price? Those were shortcuts in lieu of doing it RIGHT.

Curry...is a guy who does not NEED mentoring. His dad was a 10 yr vet..he's been mentored his whole life. He just needs to get in the game and play.
CENSORED... No comment.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,664

Post#13 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:04 pm

Miller for Ellis. No way. He's old and wrinkly compared to Monta.

+, Monta could fetch us something better than Miller.
old rem
RealGM

Post#14 » by old rem » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:04 pm

bballguy50 wrote:I think they could use Maggs at the 2/3. He's better than Green, and Williams would take over at the 1.

They have Iggy and young for the 2/3. Maggs is a lot better at SF than SG.
CENSORED... No comment.
bballguy50
Veteran

Post#15 » by bballguy50 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:13 pm

old rem wrote:
bballguy50 wrote:I think they could use Maggs at the 2/3. He's better than Green, and Williams would take over at the 1.

Didn't Thad play the 4? I know with Brand coming back, but do they believe in Thad that much to start him for good?
[The_Answer]
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#16 » by [The_Answer] » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:18 pm

old rem wrote:
[The_Answer] wrote:honestly if we could get Philly to do this it would be great. we would have a true PG and some one who could maybe even mentor Curry.

We can HIRE a former PG as an asst coach. You REALLY think Ellis for Miller makes any sense?
Do you remember Mookie Blaylock? Mark Price? Those were shortcuts in lieu of doing it RIGHT.

Curry...is a guy who does not NEED mentoring. His dad was a 10 yr vet..he's been mentored his whole life. He just needs to get in the game and play.

haha yeah sorry about that. i read your post and soon corrected myself. forgive me i'm still a noob.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,664

Post#17 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:25 pm

bballguy50 wrote:
old rem wrote:

Didn't Thad play the 4? I know with Brand coming back, but do they believe in Thad that much to start him for good?

Thad is probably their best asset right now. They love him. He has all-star potential in my opinion.

Phillis team has a bizaar makeup right now. They have Dal at C, Brand coming back at 4 and 2 great talents at the SF in Iggy and Thad. I'm pretty sure they want Iggy at SF and not SG, even though I don't see a big difference in these 2 wing positions mostly. They may bench Dal though, as he went all Eddy Curry on them last year and play Brand at C.
bballguy50
Veteran

Post#18 » by bballguy50 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:51 pm

I really like Thad as well. I don't know if they'll bench Dally though, looks like they have stuck with him through thick and thin. I just don't see Thad starting this year, if they indeed do want Iggy at SF. They could put Maggs at SG then, even if he is better at SF. But if they are set on starting Thad, they wouldn't want Maggs.

Return to Golden State Warriors