ImageImageImageImageImage

S&T for Drew Gooden, anyone?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

radtech
Senior
And1: 46

S&T for Drew Gooden, anyone? 

Post#1 » by radtech » Wed Jul 1, 2009 10:54 pm

The GSWs are still lacking a veteran power forward who can rebound and play a little defense.
THe new "Muppett" or GM Riley is searching for one. THe GSWs can clear some of those extra shooting guards and small forwards to get him at a resonable price.

GSW Incoming Players : Drew Gooden

Spurs Incoming Players : Corey Maggette, Brandan Wright and Acie Law
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: S&T for Drew Gooden, anyone? 

Post#2 » by turk3d » Wed Jul 1, 2009 10:58 pm

Maybe Maggette for Drew. But not Wright or Law. CJ Watson perhaps.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#3 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:08 pm

So in that trade, we agree on a sign and trade deal with San Antonio for Drew Gooden at 14 mill per year to match the salaries of Maggs, Wright and Law.

Thats on a Jerome James level mistake.

More like sign and trade Gooden for Wright and Law maybe. Drews value isnt incredibly high right now.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#4 » by old rem » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:09 pm

radtech wrote:The GSWs are still lacking a veteran power forward who can rebound and play a little defense.
THe new "Muppett" or GM Riley is searching for one. THe GSWs can clear some of those extra shooting guards and small forwards to get him at a resonable price.

GSW Incoming Players : Drew Gooden

Spurs Incoming Players : Corey Maggette, Brandan Wright and Acie Law

HELL NO.....and..what..you think we pay Gooden more $ than Maggette costs? If he's a low $ MLE...maybe we sign him but trading Wright to get an older guy to be a backup..that makes no sense.
CENSORED... No comment.
[The_Answer]
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by [The_Answer] » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:15 pm

do you really think San Antonio would take Maggette? they already have people like Bowen and Mason as the SG/SF, and Maggs has shown he can't produce much when starting. he flourished as a 6th man, but Ginobili is their 6th man. paying him $9,000,000 to be a backup isn't likely. that being said how are we ever going to find some one willing to take Maggs off our hands :(
Coxy
RealGM

Post#6 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:19 pm

I dont really like Gooden anyway. He not the sharpest tool in the shed and he's not a guy I could see myself cheering for.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#7 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:21 pm

[The_Answer] wrote:do you really think San Antonio would take Maggette? they already have people like Bowen and Mason as the SG/SF, and Maggs has shown he can't produce much when starting. he flourished as a 6th man, but Ginobili is their 6th man. paying him $9,000,000 to be a backup isn't likely. that being said how are we ever going to find some one willing to take Maggs off our hands :(

Bowen doesnt play for them anymore and San Antonio have shown previous interest in Maggs.

They did however, just trade for RJ, so they've made their splash at the wing for the offseason.
[The_Answer]
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by [The_Answer] » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:23 pm

Coxy wrote:
[The_Answer] wrote:do you really think San Antonio would take Maggette? they already have people like Bowen and Mason as the SG/SF, and Maggs has shown he can't produce much when starting. he flourished as a 6th man, but Ginobili is their 6th man. paying him $9,000,000 to be a backup isn't likely. that being said how are we ever going to find some one willing to take Maggs off our hands :(

Bowen doesnt play for them anymore and San Antonio have shown previous interest in Maggs.

They did however, just trade for RJ, so they've made their splash at the wing for the offseason.

yes but still i doubt they would have done the trade due to his contract. he makes too much as it is and way too much for some one who can't start. but it won't happen to it's all good.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#9 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:28 pm

I agree, Maggette does make way too much money to come off the bench. Only an idiotic franchise would do that. :banghead:
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#10 » by bballguy50 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:34 pm

I wouldn't want Gooden. Plays like a big, slow slug with a seemingly lazy attitude. He's decent, and I would definitely trade Maggs for him, but he would be toast under Nellie. I just plain don't like him...
Khoee
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#11 » by Khoee » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:52 pm

Drew Gooden will not play here because he's a wanted man...he has a bounty on his head...that's a fact...
Subaculta
Analyst

Post#12 » by Subaculta » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:43 am

Khoee wrote:Drew Gooden will not play here because he's a wanted man...he has a bounty on his head...that's a fact...

really? I thought that was Marcus Banks?

thanks for the sig Boogie!
Subaculta
Analyst

Post#13 » by Subaculta » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:45 am

I can't believe Sid hasn't commented on this idea yet. Drew Gooden would cause this board to melt down faster then Rowell negotiating an extension on Maggette's existing contract.

thanks for the sig Boogie!
ajbry
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by ajbry » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:04 am

A little defense? We thinking of the same Drew Gooden?

Not to mention the guy - in basketball terms - makes Monta Ellis look like a Rhodes Scholar by comparison...
The Hack
Rookie
And1: 269

Post#15 » by The Hack » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:18 am

Gooden has to be one of the laziest players in the NBA...how else can you explain why he keeps going from team to team to team. Too bad, there was a time I thought he would be a solid NBA player, not a superstar, but a rotation player for sure...the talent was there
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#16 » by realfung » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:23 am

NO
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#17 » by turk3d » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:37 am

I'd take 1 year of Drew for 4 years of Maggette and then I'd trade him somewhere else, as soon as I could.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice

Return to Golden State Warriors