Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Khoee
Banned User
And1: 1

Steinmetz: Nelson buried Mullin... 

Post#1 » by Khoee » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:35 am

Proof...

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/07/17/for- ... slow-lane/

so when did things fall apart for Mullin / Nelson?...my money's on Mullin's draft day goof in '07...
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Re: Steinmetz: Nelson burried Mullin... 

Post#2 » by Chris Cohan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:37 am

You mean before Nelson was passed over by Sacramento?
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:39 am

Nelson had to threaten to quit to get the Murphleavy trade done. That was the moment.

Dun Jr. knows how it went down..that's why he wears #17 and is so bitter when it comes to Nellie.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#4 » by Chris Cohan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:43 am

Don't tease me like that.... THIS CLOSE.
Nelson would have been fired if Jason Richardson hadn't carried him to the Cuban/Oedipus screwfest.
Khoee
Banned User

Post#5 » by Khoee » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:55 am

people who say Nellie doesn't care have it all wrong..you can critique his coaching all you want, but the old bastard still has the "fire"...
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#6 » by watch1958 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:11 am

Where do you get that Steinmetz is saying that Nelson buried Mullin? I've heard Steinmetz talk on the subject before. The opinion he stated was that Rowell and Mullin had their falling out over Davis, and especially how to handle Monta. Steinmetz take was that Rowell got together with Nelson (I think he said it was the China trip) and that soon thereafter offered Nelson the extension and basically control of the basketball side.

Steinmetz view wasn't that Nelson dumped on Mullin, but that when Rowell had his split with Mullin, Nellie was only too willing to take the big fat extension of Cohan's money, along with 2 more years of being able to do what he wanted. Steinmetz sounded like he didn't think Nellie was the perp, but that he was a willing beneficiary of the feud.

Now maybe that was just Stenimetz spin. Even so, how is this new post a new spin on the subject?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Khoee
Banned User

Post#7 » by Khoee » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:15 am

you're probably right...total control of basketball operations just fell into Nellie's lap...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#8 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:25 am

Sid the Squid wrote:Nelson had to threaten to quit to get the Murphleavy trade done. That was the moment.

Dun Jr. knows how it went down..that's why he wears #17 and is so bitter when it comes to Nellie.

Harrington was Mullin's guy. That trade was in the can since Monty was still here (and Nellie said so previously.) Nellie wanted to make a man and a Point F out of Dunleavy . . . until he found out Dun couldn't shoot straight.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#9 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:29 am

you guys had it all mixed up from the start..but that's OK..I know how it went down. Jack and Mully hate each other. Nellie went behind Mully's back and forced the trade..That was the end for Mully..It was just a matter of time.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#10 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:43 am

Sid the Squid wrote:you guys had it all mixed up from the start..but that's OK..I know how it went down. Jack and Mully hate each other. Nellie went behind Mully's back and forced the trade..That was the end for Mully..It was just a matter of time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mullin was against the Jack part of the deal, but a Murphleavy exit for Harrington was loaded and cocked long before Nellie got here.

As a recovering alkie with close ties to the Indiana brass, Mullin probably was not a big fan of bringing Mr. Belvedere into his locker room.

Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#11 » by watch1958 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:11 am

Khoee wrote:you're probably right...total control of basketball operations just fell into Nellie's lap...

I'm not saying you're wrong. Your title for the thread implies that Steinmetz is saying (or at least strongly implying) that Nellie buried Mullin. I don't see that in his article, and it isn't what he's said before.

Now if by "buried", you mean that Nelson didn't stand up for Mullin, and gladly took advantage of the situation to get himself a bunch of money by saying "why yes Bob (may I call you Bob?), you are so right Bob", then I think you are correct, and that Steinmetz probably thinks exactly that.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#12 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:11 am

Khoee wrote:people who say Nellie doesn't care have it all wrong..you can critique his coaching all you want, but the old bastard still has the "fire"...

No way. He's well done. Time to take him off the grill.
The Hack
Rookie
And1: 269

Post#13 » by The Hack » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:53 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
Sid the Squid wrote:you guys had it all mixed up from the start..but that's OK..I know how it went down. Jack and Mully hate each other. Nellie went behind Mully's back and forced the trade..That was the end for Mully..It was just a matter of time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mullin was against the Jack part of the deal, but a Murphleavy exit for Harrington was loaded and cocked long before Nellie got here.

As a recovering alkie with close ties to the Indiana brass, Mullin probably was not a big fan of bringing Mr. Belvedere into his locker room.

God I hate that picture...if that's Monta (I think it is) it looks like he is so excited that his team "leader" can drink straight from the Vodka bottle..."that is so cool Jack!!" What a great display for a 22-23 year old kid to see. Leader my ass.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#14 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:09 am

Kenny Stabler could party/drink Jack under the table and he was a great leader..I grew up with the greatness of the Raiders..That picture brings back fond memories.
The Hack
Rookie
And1: 269

Post#15 » by The Hack » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:15 am

Sid the Squid wrote:Kenny Stabler could party/drink Jack under the table and he was a great leader..I grew up with the greatness of the Raiders..That picture brings back fond memories.

Nobody could "gear up" after all-night partying like the old Raiders...they were awesome that way. I used to hear all the stories about Matuzak and the other crazies at training camp in No.Calif.

I probably overreact to this picture...I'm just old and remember the days when it was about the team and not who has the most gangsta rep
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#16 » by warriortone » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:56 am

Jackson plays great defense though. I mean, just look at that chaser in his non-vodka bottle hand. Amazing. MVP! MVP!
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Re: Steinmetz: Nelson buried Mullin... 

Post#17 » by JimmyTD3 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:48 am

The Hack wrote:
God I hate that picture...if that's Monta (I think it is) it looks like he is so excited that his team "leader" can drink straight from the Vodka bottle..."that is so cool Jack!!" What a great display for a 22-23 year old kid to see. Leader my ass.

"What a great display for a 22-23 year old kid to see" LMAO

Yes, I'm sure Monta Ellis was appalled when he saw Jack drinking straight from a Vodka bottle. I'm sure he was scarred for life and his virgin eyes were forever tarnished by such a thing. I'm a white kid from the Silicon Valley, I've been seeing people do what Jack is doing in this picture since I've been about 14...

come on, give me a break.
Khoee
Banned User

Post#18 » by Khoee » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:15 am

if you're a white kid from Silicon Valley then why do you write like a black kid from the inner city?
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#19 » by Chris Cohan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:18 am

He was younger than 22 when that shot was taken.
Oh my god- Jack's contributing to the delinquency of a multi millionaire!
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#20 » by St.Nick » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:55 am

What a crap article and a crap thread.

Return to Golden State Warriors