My 2018 Ravens mock draft.

RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

My 2018 Ravens mock draft. 

Post#1 » by RavenMad31 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:40 pm

Okay, so the Ravens are picking 16th and they have all of their picks including what looks like will be the 6th compensatory pick in the 3rd round, basically a tweener 3rd/4th round pick.
I want Orlando Brown in round 1. Tackle is a premium position, but the fact that he is projecting to be a RT instead of left makes me confident that we have a shot at him. The best part is that with Stanley, RT is where we need him. If he were to end up at LG, that wouldn't break my heart either. He's a masher much like his dad. If he's off the board, I want Ozzie to try to move down to a slot where he feels he can still nab Quenton Nelson, a guy who played alongside Stanley and fills a weakness on our line. I would also look at a Billy Price or Courtland Sutton in the first round depending on whether we could move down to a spot appropriate for getting one of those guys.
After moving down, I'm hoping it means we could either move that supplemental pick up, which I believe you can negotiate with now. I'm not sure what they could get out of moving down and some of that rides on how far down they can move and still get what I want. Either way, we are most likely getting out of the first round with a blue chip offensive lineman which should turn one OL position of weakness into one of strength.
Round two, I want St. Brown from Notre Dame and his route running, size and hands. If he's off the board, I see Auden Tate as a similar choice who has a similar projection at the moment. We cannot continue drafting fast guys with no hands.
In the middle of round three, I'm not confident he is going to be there, except we may have been able to trade up enough to get him. I want Simmie Cobbs here. If he's off the board or we've landed Sutton, I'd go TE and I would be happy with Andrews, Fumagalli, Schultz or Goedert here. We get a second third rounder and depending on what we've gotten so far, either go back to WR and get Ateman from Ok.St. or one of those TEs.
Chances are, we go into the 4th round with an OL, 2 WRs and a TE. I think we add some depth to the secondary and team speed with CB Danny Johnson, with an eye on safeties Tray Matthews or Trayvon Henderson should Johnson be off the board.
Fifth round, I want pass rush. I'd reluctantly take a waiver on Marquis Haynes. Being the fifth round, I think you consider upside, which is a guy that can add speed rush on passing downs. I wouldn't be disappointed in Jaylon Ferguson at that slot if scouts figure he could be a long term developmental prospect.
In the sixth, I don't think this guy will be there, but if Antonio Callaway WR/KR from Florida can be grabbed, even in the fifth if necessary, we need to get him. He's a character mess. I can't see him lasting beyond his rookie contract, but he'd be a KR/PR. Their careers rarely last long anyway. The Ravens haven't consistently had that dimension since Jacoby Jones and before that, Jermaine Lewis. Quadree Henderson could be available here to serve the same purpose.
In round 7, I like RB Levon Coleman, mostly for body type to pick up short yardage. Someone like an O-lineman who is a little undersized or slow footed but especially smart or nasty could be a nice pick here.
There it is. Should things fall my way, which kept pretty much in line with current projections, I've overhauled the WR position with smart, strong guys all with good hands. I've added a dependable TE that can catch and block. I've flipped a weakness on the OL into pro bowl potential. I've added fast depth to the front and back end of the defense and I've added a kick returner and good sized RB for short yardage or some line depth.

Return to Baltimore Ravens