Willis McGahee

Who's better NOW?

Total votes: 0

DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Willis McGahee 

Post#1 » by DubaLakers » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:28 pm

I saw him play in college, haven't seen him play as a pro much at all. I loved J Lewis.

Tell me why he's gonna be a great addition. I know he'll keep his head on straight with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis fellow 'Canes, but inform me about Willis please. Gamebreaker? As a receiver? Outside runner? Whose game does he remind you of?

Thanks.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#2 » by UrbanLegendMD » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:15 am

I am afraid McGahee is about to start breaking down majorly, but considering JLew sucked last year... Either way, Willis is a tough runner, but he can't take it to the outside or catch out of the backfield, not great in protection either.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#3 » by miller31time » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:32 am

It's weird - I want to label Willis as a "power running back" or a "finess running back", but he's an interesting mixture of both.

He should bring another dimension to our offense. Something we've never seen before from the running back position.

I can't wait to see how he plays when the season starts, though.
DubaLakers
Banned User

Post#4 » by DubaLakers » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:11 pm

Miller whats the story with your signature? Past Future what sharpshooter? If so Redd would be the answer wouldn't it? Redd has 5 different releases. He's sick when he's on. He can shoot on the run, lean ins, fadaways, like Reggie.

Gil is a PG totally different. Plus Gil loves that straight on 3, Reggie and Redd can spread butter all over the court.

Big bball fan, back to FOOTBALL... :wink:
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#5 » by miller31time » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:41 am

DubaLakers wrote:Miller whats the story with your signature? Past Future what sharpshooter? If so Redd would be the answer wouldn't it? Redd has 5 different releases. He's sick when he's on. He can shoot on the run, lean ins, fadaways, like Reggie.

Gil is a PG totally different. Plus Gil loves that straight on 3, Reggie and Redd can spread butter all over the court.

Big bball fan, back to FOOTBALL... :wink:

:lol: I wasn't going for the closest resemblence. I was just going for my favorite player of all time (Reggie) and my favorite player of today (Gil), and finding some sort of similarity (both long-range bombers). Plus - Gil is neither a point guard nor a shooting guard. He's a combo guard.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by UTMCretin » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:43 am

If McGahee isn't any better than Jamal, then that's the saddest thing I've heard today. Jamal was just awful the past couple of years.

Either way, he's likely no more than a stop-gap solution at RB until we can inject some much-needed youth into the running game. He certainly thinks of himself as a gamebreaker, but injury problems have reared their head in the past and will most likely continue to do so in the future. Still, if he can make an impact, then that would add a sorely needed ground dimension for a struggling offense. Anything at this point could be considered a serious upgrade
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#7 » by Nowak008 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:53 am

He certainly can't be worse then Jamal, who was dreadful last year. Also he can help out in the passing game where Jamal was useless.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#8 » by kdawg32086 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:30 am

I'm a huge fan of Jamal Lewis, but I gotta say that McGahee is better. Jamal Lewis just isn't the same Jamal Lewis who carried our offense on his shoulders en route to a Super Bowl victory. I absolutely love the addtion of McGahee. I think that the improvement from this significantly aged Lewis to McGahee has made us good enough to beat the Colts and win the AFC. Teams are going to have to regularly put 8 in the box to stop Willis, which I think will lead to career years for Clayton, D-Williams, and Heap.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.

Return to Baltimore Ravens