Official Trade Ideas Thread

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#61 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:41 am

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And on that note. Good night. Remember these words....when teams buy low, they are going to give low. Remember what we gave up to get Bobby last year? Let me know how those scrubs are doing for Philly right now.

C.J. Henry is debating whether or not he wants to play baseball again next year... he may just use his final 2 years of eligibility to play basketball at Texas..
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior
And1: 0

Post#62 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 24, 2007 1:27 pm

Todd Linden, in that scenario, would have been the 4th outfielder and would not have played everyday or anywhere near everyday. Maybe once in a week at most. Dealing Cano forces us to put Cairo there every single day and our options in the minor league are guys like Chris Basak. Huge difference. -Jitpal

Factor in how banged up Johnny Damon is and the sudden injury prone Matsui and then you will realize that he would have been playing more than once a week. Damon or Matsui (more Damon) can go down at any moment with ANY type of injury which means Melky to CF and Linden to RF.

Our OF is just too injury prone (and old) to think that a 4th OF would be riding the pine more often than not.
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#63 » by Jitpal » Thu May 24, 2007 8:30 pm

Philly might be in need for some bullpen relief. They don't have a closer now that Bret Meyers left the game with something wrong in his shoulder. Tom Gordon is still on the DL. Maybe they would be interested in Farnsworth? Something like Farnsworth for Shane Victorino as the main pieces. They have a few outfielders and are really in need of a closer and Farnsworth can be that guy for them. We have Chris Britton in the minor leagues just owning everyone, closing for AAA. We can bring him up. Farnsworth has dropped out of the 8th inning role in tight situations and Procter and Bruney have stepped in there. Britton comes in for that 6th or 7th inning role and we don't skip a beat. We add an excellent defensive outfielder who is very quick on the bags and an excellent defender. It'll help late in innings when we need to replace at least two of our outfielders for defensive purposes and in late game running situations. Thoughts? -Jitpal
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#64 » by 34Celtic » Fri May 25, 2007 3:15 am

Jitpal wrote:Philly might be in need for some bullpen relief. They don't have a closer now that Bret Meyers left the game with something wrong in his shoulder. Tom Gordon is still on the DL. Maybe they would be interested in Farnsworth? Something like Farnsworth for Shane Victorino as the main pieces. They have a few outfielders and are really in need of a closer and Farnsworth can be that guy for them. We have Chris Britton in the minor leagues just owning everyone, closing for AAA. We can bring him up. Farnsworth has dropped out of the 8th inning role in tight situations and Procter and Bruney have stepped in there. Britton comes in for that 6th or 7th inning role and we don't skip a beat. We add an excellent defensive outfielder who is very quick on the bags and an excellent defender. It'll help late in innings when we need to replace at least two of our outfielders for defensive purposes and in late game running situations. Thoughts? -Jitpal

Shane Vic has Delucci written all over him :nod: :D
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#65 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 25, 2007 3:59 am

Shane Vic has Delucci written all over him :nod: :D

Shane Victorino is way better than Delluci all around
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#66 » by Jitpal » Fri May 25, 2007 6:20 am

I really think this is a deal we have to pursue. We get younger, we get a replacement(stopgap) for Abreu until Tabata gets up here, we gain defense, we gain a guy who can steal a bunch and we cut some salary. Best part is getting rid of Farnsworth is going to save Joe from himself because Chris Britton is going to have better than 5+ERA in a 6th or 7th innings role. Plus Victorino, coming here, will hit much better. Get him in front of Kevin Long and watch the magic. If Long can help Arod who is by all accounts one of the best hitters in baseball then Victorino should not be a problem. Plus, in the Philly lineup he gets no protection, here he will. Batting in between Cano and Damon he is going to get pitches to hit. They will not nibble with him because everyone else is so deadly. He is going to get fastballs and they are going to be over the plate. He could easily hit .280-.285. Cashman get it done. -Jitpal
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#67 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Fri May 25, 2007 9:20 am

I like the deal. Vic is a very good all around scrappy player, a player the Yanks could use. That would make it much easier to trade Abreu or even Melky and it would rid us of Farnie.

"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#68 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:37 pm

Shane Victorino is awful, we can do better than that in RF.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#69 » by 34Celtic » Fri May 25, 2007 2:39 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Shane Victorino is way better than Delluci all around

It was a compliment, I like Dellucci. They are both hard nosed in your face players with some decent pop, can run fairly good...

With Tabata, I see no reason we can't sign Ichiro to a 3 year deal. Everyone is making it sound like this kid is going to be ready in '09. Lets let him prove himself at each level before we go throwing him out in the spotlight
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#70 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:41 pm

It was a compliment, I like Dellucci. They are both hard nosed in your face players with some decent pop, can run fairly good...

With Tabata, I see no reason we can't sign Ichiro to a 3 year deal. Everyone is making it sound like this kid is going to be ready in '09. Lets let him prove himself at each level before we go throwing him out in the spotlight

No thanks, let's sign someone cheap like Eric Byrnes instead of going for Ichiro, who is quite overrated to begin with and is going to lose the speed that makes his game go as he gets older.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#71 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Fri May 25, 2007 3:40 pm

I would have to agree -- Ichiro hasn't been the same the past two years and the numbers he is putting up wouldn't match up to the money he would be asking for. I love the idea of Byrnes

Jitpal
General Manager

Post#72 » by Jitpal » Fri May 25, 2007 3:58 pm

If Brett Myers
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#73 » by 34Celtic » Fri May 25, 2007 4:53 pm

Jitpal wrote:
If Brett Myers
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#74 » by Jitpal » Fri May 25, 2007 5:04 pm

I think he is speculating like I was yesterday that no one in that bullpen is capable of closing with Meyers out and Gordon on the DL. They are just asking for trouble. They aren't too far out in the NL East race and are right there for the NL Wild Card but they will be completely out if they don't have a closer or even a solid bullpen guy for an extended period of time. Plus, we need to move Farnsworth and it wouldn't be a big hit to us as he isn't setting up for us anymore and we have a guy just sitting in the minors waiting to fill his current role. We do need a better bat off the bench as Phelps is currently our best option. As many have said, our outfield has some health concerns and it also opens to door to trading one of our outfielders for an arm or something else. -Jitpal
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#75 » by 34Celtic » Fri May 25, 2007 5:06 pm

Jitpal wrote:We do need a better bat off the bench as Phelps is currently our best option.

Screw it, stick him in right....this team needs some fire.
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#76 » by Jitpal » Fri May 25, 2007 5:12 pm

Screw it, stick him in right....this team needs some fire.

Come on, this is Joe Torre. If he would pull Abreu from the lineup while he was in a 2 for 75 slump or whatever it was, there is no way he is going to pull him. I wouldn't mind it though. I would totally support that. I've been saying for a while that Melky should have gotten more time in right over Abreu in recent times. Melky always gives this team a spark. -Jitpal
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#77 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 25, 2007 5:49 pm

how about

Villone, Farnsworth and Phelps

for

Wes Helms and Shane Victorino
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#78 » by 34Celtic » Fri May 25, 2007 5:53 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:how about

Villone, Farnsworth and Phelps

for

Wes Helms and Shane Victorino

I'd do it, but I don't know if it makes our bullpen any better. I'd rather have Abraham Nunez than Helms
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#79 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 25, 2007 5:57 pm

I'd do it, but I don't know if it makes our bullpen any better. I'd rather have Abraham Nunez than Helms

Phelps,Villone,Farnsy

for

Abraham Nunez and Shane Victorino

I doubt Edwar Ramirez or Chris Britton does worse than Farnsy :-?

this might be the best deal you have come up with, someone got Cash's Blackberry on speed dial :D
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#80 » by 34Celtic » Fri May 25, 2007 6:14 pm

[quote="NYKnSTILL!"][/quote]

I'm talking about villone....maybe they will take Vizcaino too?

Return to New York Yankees