Ravens @ Bengals (9/10/07)

Who will win?

Total votes: 0

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#21 » by jerrod » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:27 am

sigh
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#22 » by UrbanLegendMD » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:39 am

I am hurting right now and I am about to kill a fifth of Jack I had stored for the weekend. Sad day to be the Ravens fan.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#23 » by Nowak008 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:42 am

what a terrible game.

I was really hoping Boller was going to come through. So I could have pointed to my boller thread early in the season.

IMO the reason why we lost was because of Mcnair. He did stand in the pocket and make some nice passes, but that also cost us the game with the fumble and the int for a touchdown. Also made some bad overthrows including what proved to be the game losing INT.

I thought that Mgahee was under used as well. I know that we wanted to be aggresive throwing the ball, however we didn't really establish the run that well.

I would have liked to just hand the ball to mgahee 4 times, and he can't get it in then we just lose. Billick was being too fancy.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#24 » by UTMCretin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:48 am

Troy Smith for starting QB
Someone competent for offensive playcaller
This was a painful game on multiple levels. The refs took it away, gave it back and Billick drove it straight into the ground
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#25 » by miller31time » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:20 am

A few points...

1. McNair was awful - partly due to injuries, partly due to being old and partially over the hill, and partly due to him just having an off night.

2. McGahee looked decent and showed bursts of excellent play.

3. Being agnostic, I can comfortably say that, if there is a god, his name is Ed Reed.

4. Boller did well in the time he received. Never in my wildest imagination did I think he would make not one but two difficult completions.

5. Yes, we had a bad and turnover-filled game, but (and I'm not known for saying this, since I think poor officiating usually goes both ways) the refs were clearly against us. Whether it be the flag for defensive interference on the 2-pt completion attempt for the Bengals, the quote, unquote "interception" the Bengals got after a blown toss by McNair, or the infamous end of the game play where we should have gotten credit for the touchdown only to have it taken away for some mysterious offensive interference, the refs were not liking the Ravens tonight.

6. It's one game. Plenty more season to come.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#26 » by jerrod » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:21 am

Nowak008 wrote:what a terrible game.

I was really hoping Boller was going to come through. So I could have pointed to my boller thread early in the season.

in my mind he did

if it wasn't for that insane off. pass interference call, they probably win

and if heap catches the ball that hits him smack in the middle of the chest, they definitely win
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by UTMCretin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:37 am

miller31time wrote:A few points...

3. Being agnostic, I can comfortably say that, if there is a god, his name is Ed Reed.

5. Yes, we had a bad and turnover-filled game, but (and I'm not known for saying this, since I think poor officiating usually goes both ways) the refs were clearly against us. Whether it be the flag for defensive interference on the 2-pt completion attempt for the Bengals, the quote, unquote "interception" the Bengals got after a blown toss by McNair, or the infamous end of the game play where we should have gotten credit for the touchdown only to have it taken away for some mysterious offensive interference, the refs were not liking the Ravens tonight.

Since we lost, I think I can safely say that refs > god
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#28 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:09 am

looks like ravens and the bengals have respect for each other.

we should hate the steelers collectively. they are the bad ones in the division. :wink:

anyway, good game. your defense still looks great.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#29 » by jerrod » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:23 am

miller31time wrote:

this is true

any local or otherwise people hear anything about the outlook for mcnair next week

is he ok, injured, or starting to turn to dust?
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#30 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:29 am

somehow i think mcnair is pretty much done. you guys need to pass the ball to boller. he's been on the team for a while now and ravens clearly have the intention in playing him in the future because you guys didn't go after leftwich.
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#31 » by Nowak008 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:15 am

miller31time wrote:4. Boller did well in the time he received. Never in my wildest imagination did I think he would make not one but two difficult completions.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/football/v ... sc&start=0

:nod:
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#32 » by Nowak008 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:18 am

Also Williams looked pretty good out there. He might end up being the 2nd WR soon.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#33 » by jerrod » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:somehow i think mcnair is pretty much done. you guys need to pass the ball to boller. he's been on the team for a while now and ravens clearly have the intention in playing him in the future because you guys didn't go after leftwich.

he only got a 1 year extension, so it's not like the team is his yet
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#34 » by miller31time » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:04 pm

Nowak008 wrote:Also Williams looked pretty good out there. He might end up being the 2nd WR soon.

Agreed. He was awesome, and made some of McNair's awful passes actually catchable.

Oh, and where the hell was Mason all game? I can't recall one highlight of his.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#35 » by studcrackers » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:27 pm

as a pure fantasy question where the hell was mark clayton? i didnt even see him out there. i thought he'd be able to really take the reigns and become the #1 and he didnt even catch a damn pass.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by UTMCretin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:17 pm

From a pure fantasy perspective, never trust anyone on the Baltimore Ravens' offense. Todd Heap being the closest thing to an exception
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#37 » by studcrackers » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:39 am

i know my wr's are weak after javon walker and i figured he's a breakout candidate this year, so does anyone know why he failed to do anything? was it the playcalling? mcnair?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes

Return to Baltimore Ravens