ImageImageImageImageImage

Cano Is The Player Posada...

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

SugeKnight718
Lead Assistant
And1: 0
Location: On The Trade Eddy Curry For Tyson Chandler Campaign!!!

Cano Is The Player Posada... 

Post#1 » by SugeKnight718 » Sun Jul 1, 2007 7:20 pm

Was talking about. The guy looks sooo lost at the plate. He literally lost this game for us today fellas.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Re: Cano Is The Player Posada... 

Post#2 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sun Jul 1, 2007 7:46 pm

SugeKnight718 wrote:Was talking about. The guy looks sooo lost at the plate. He literally lost this game for us today fellas.

Posada wasn't talking about Cano it's Bobby, Hideki or Johnny he is speaking of, Robi is still 24 he wouldn't talk sh** about Robi.
KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by KnickTerp12 » Sun Jul 1, 2007 7:52 pm

Or how about all of our lefty batters? What are they batting combined?

Their averages are prob like (Damon + Hideki + Abreu + Cano)

.250 5 Hr 30 Rbi .310 Obp... Pretty horrible numbers. Our leftys aren't getting it done.

Jeter and Arod are well over 300 and doing their part.

Posada and Cabrera are the switch hitters

and then all our 1Bs suck
ItsaVC3
Banned User

Post#4 » by ItsaVC3 » Sun Jul 1, 2007 8:30 pm

its not only his fault its abreu damon etc. what the hell is wrong with damon hes are lead off hitter and hes doing nothing hes getting payed 40-50 millions dollars and hes a horrible player they should have NEVER signed him he should stood in boston i would rather give that money to mike cameron YES MIKE CAMERON so dont blame all this to roby hes NOT are lead off guy he not the one that gets the game started.
mets87
Senior

Post#5 » by mets87 » Sun Jul 1, 2007 8:47 pm

nothing wrong with damon--he's been a medicore leadoff hitter for his whole career except for 2 seasons with KC and 1 with boston.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#6 » by nykgeneralmanager » Sun Jul 1, 2007 9:49 pm

mets87 wrote:nothing wrong with damon--he's been a medicore leadoff hitter for his whole career except for 2 seasons with KC and 1 with boston.

How about last year? I can point out about 6 seasons where he was a phenominal leadoff hitter where he puts up 35 doubles, 10 triples, a .285-.320 average, 30+ steals, 120 runs and OBP around .370+. I'm not quite sure what is mediocore about that. Outside of guys like Ichiro, numbers like those are arguably the best in baseball over a 6 year period or so.
AGGiE
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#7 » by AGGiE » Mon Jul 2, 2007 12:39 am

he was talking about Bobby Abreu.. remember that bad error in the 1st inning...
AGGiE
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#8 » by AGGiE » Mon Jul 2, 2007 12:40 am

mets87 wrote:nothing wrong with damon--he's been a medicore leadoff hitter for his whole career except for 2 seasons with KC and 1 with boston.

notice a METS fan is saying this...
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#9 » by 34Celtic » Mon Jul 2, 2007 1:04 am

Cano sucks...
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
mets87
Senior

Post#10 » by mets87 » Mon Jul 2, 2007 2:04 am

nykgeneralmanager wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How about last year? I can point out about 6 seasons where he was a phenominal leadoff hitter where he puts up 35 doubles, 10 triples, a .285-.320 average, 30+ steals, 120 runs and OBP around .370+. I'm not quite sure what is mediocore about that. Outside of guys like Ichiro, numbers like those are arguably the best in baseball over a 6 year period or so.

um, he's had 4 seasons in which his OBP has been around .370. his career is .350 and his OPS is under .800. (and who gives a crap about runs scored? that's mostly, if not almost completely, a function of the people hitting behind him) he's had more than 10 triples 3 times. where are you pulling these BS stats from? he's had 3 good seasons and 1 insanely good season (2000 with KC)

and i really don't see what me being a met fan has to do with this...you all are acting like his OBP, etc. being mediocre for a leadoff hitter is some huge suprise...
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by nykgeneralmanager » Mon Jul 2, 2007 2:24 am

mets87 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

um, he's had 4 seasons in which his OBP has been around .370. his career is .350 and his OPS is under .800. (and who gives a crap about runs scored? that's mostly, if not almost completely, a function of the people hitting behind him) he's had more than 10 triples 3 times. where are you pulling these BS stats from? he's had 3 good seasons and 1 insanely good season (2000 with KC)

and i really don't see what me being a met fan has to do with this...you all are acting like his OBP, etc. being mediocre for a leadoff hitter is some huge suprise...

The first HUGE mistake in your post is saying that runs are a product of people behind you. Thats like saying home runs are a product of the crappy pitching against you, and RBI are a produt of the hitters in front of you, and great fielding% is a product of balls being hit to you. My point is that there is skill involved in everything. To score runs you still have to get on base, stretch singles into doubles, steal bases, go 1st to 3rd, etc. There is skill involved in that, which is why guys are actually recognized as great baserunners, such as Jeter and Rolen.

Lets go through the numbers:
He has hit .285+ 6 times, and .300+ 4 times.
As you said, OBP of .370+(or just about) 4 times, and seasons of .356 and .355.
100+ runs for 9 straight seasons
34+ doubles in 7 seasons
8+ triples in 5 seasons
25+ stolen bases in 8 seasons, hit career stolen base % is nearly 80 which is ridiculous (in case you didn't think baserunning was actually a skill)
14+ home runs in 6 seasons
75+ RBI in 5 seasons

If you that is mediocore, then you cannot be ANY more mistaken. It may be mediocore to you because you hate the Yankees, but find me 15 leadoff hitters in the last decade with better numbers to prove that Damon's right in the middle of the pack.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,010

Post#12 » by Pharmcat » Mon Jul 2, 2007 2:48 am

Abrue is SHOT, just waive him, he blows

waive Farnsworth too
mets87
Senior

Post#13 » by mets87 » Mon Jul 2, 2007 5:27 am

nykgeneralmanager wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The first HUGE mistake in your post is saying that runs are a product of people behind you. Thats like saying home runs are a product of the crappy pitching against you, and RBI are a produt of the hitters in front of you, and great fielding% is a product of balls being hit to you. My point is that there is skill involved in everything. To score runs you still have to get on base, stretch singles into doubles, steal bases, go 1st to 3rd, etc. There is skill involved in that, which is why guys are actually recognized as great baserunners, such as Jeter and Rolen.

you think that runs scored and runs batted are good ways to evaluate a hitter...? yikes. if you think like that then honestly i'd rather not discuss baseball with you. no offense, but you've got a lot to learn about this game if you think this way. hopefully you read literature some day that'll show you how dumb those stats are. :)
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by nykgeneralmanager » Mon Jul 2, 2007 5:52 am

mets87 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you think that runs scored and runs batted are good ways to evaluate a hitter...? yikes. if you think like that then honestly i'd rather not discuss baseball with you. no offense, but you've got a lot to learn about this game if you think this way. hopefully you read literature some day that'll show you how dumb those stats are. :)

Of course they rely on others, but to say that they have nothing to do with the actual player is a ridiculous joke. And why put words in my mouth? I never used the words ''way to evaluate a hitter." Is it because you wanted to twist it to fit your argument?

Oh, and you didn't reply with the 15 leadoff hitters of the last decade better than Damon. Why am I not surprised? Because they don't exist? No offense, but you've got a lot to learn about this game is you think you can name 15 of them.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#15 » by 34Celtic » Mon Jul 2, 2007 11:02 am

If you think Damon has been mediocre and hasn't contributed to the success of his teams in his career you either a) haven't seen him play or b) don't have an eye for knowing what it takes to win baseball games
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.

Return to New York Yankees