gauging the favre interest level

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

gauging the favre interest level 

Post#1 » by jerrod » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:35 pm

as a ravens fan/ wi resident, i always hear the ravens mentioned as a team that may potentially consider one day having some interest in favre. i've read just as many pieces that say that the ravens are not interested.

so what are the thoughts on here?
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Re: gauging the favre interest level 

Post#2 » by miller31time » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:12 am

I'd love to get him. The Ravens are stuck between being a playoff team and going into rebuilding mode. Getting Favre would at least choose our path. This team has been dieing for a star quarterback for the longest time, so Brett would be welcomed here with open arms.

But there's no chance he comes here, IMO. We aren't the 'sexy' pick. We don't have the brightest future. We aren't the best team of his possible options. Etc.

In addition, per the Baltimore Sun, we have no interest in him and he has no interest in us.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#3 » by UTMCretin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 am

And hinder Flacco/Smith/Boller's development? Never.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#4 » by UrbanLegendMD » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:30 pm

**** sad if you ask me. The fortunes of the Ravens are in the hands of Kyle Boller once again.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#5 » by jerrod » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:35 pm

miller31time wrote:I'd love to get him. The Ravens are stuck between being a playoff team and going into rebuilding mode. Getting Favre would at least choose our path. This team has been dieing for a star quarterback for the longest time, so Brett would be welcomed here with open arms.

But there's no chance he comes here, IMO. We aren't the 'sexy' pick. We don't have the brightest future. We aren't the best team of his possible options. Etc.

In addition, per the Baltimore Sun, we have no interest in him and he has no interest in us.

that's pretty much my thought on it as well. tampa bay is always thrown around and it's hard for me to imagine them as a sexier pick than the ravens but maybe they are.

i wish they'd offer me 20 million to not show up at packer games :D

Return to Baltimore Ravens