Boller Out for Season

UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Boller Out for Season 

Post#1 » by UTMCretin » Wed Sep 3, 2008 9:20 pm

Kyle Boller was placed on injured reserve Wednesday by the Baltimore Ravens, ending his season and raising the question of whether the quarterback will throw another pass for the team.

Boller has been sidelined since hurting his shoulder in Baltimore's second preseason game against the Minnesota Vikings on Aug. 16.

"He has got either one of two injuries, either the torn labrum or he's got, I don't know the medical term, but there's a connection in the biceps to the shoulder that might be a problem," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "The torn labrum has not responded to the medication, and the other injury is a season ender. He's done."

Boller, selected with the 19th pick in the 2003 draft, was preparing for his sixth NFL season, all with Baltimore. He is in the final year of his contract, and it is uncertain if the Ravens will want to bring him back. Although Boller has started 42 games, his inconsistent play thrust him into a competition this summer with Troy Smith and rookie Joe Flacco to determine the starting quarterback.

Flacco won the job because of Boller's injury and Smith's lengthy battle with infected tonsils. Flacco will start Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals, and his backup will be journeyman Todd Bouman, who was signed this week because Smith is not ready to return.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3567056

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel right now. Happy, because it's Boller and it's funny when bad things happen to him, or sad, because we just lost our best QB.

Actually, that's pretty sad either way.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Re: Boller Out for Season 

Post#2 » by UrbanLegendMD » Thu Sep 4, 2008 2:19 am

Sigh, Kyle's career may be over. I remember when him and Suggs were introduced as the future on WBAL. It is kinda sad.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#3 » by miller31time » Thu Sep 4, 2008 5:42 pm

UTMCretin wrote:Actually, that's pretty sad either way.

^^^ Correct answer.
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#4 » by RavenMad31 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:27 pm

I was digging through the Ravens team forum and some of these threads bring back great memories. This is the moment Joe Flacco became our QB. It should be noted that I named my fantasy team The Pro Bollers for the 2016 season and finally got him that Super Bowl win we all hoped he'd get when we drafted him.

Return to Baltimore Ravens