so...yeah, rough few weeks there

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

so...yeah, rough few weeks there 

Post#1 » by jerrod » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:35 pm

all the packer fans hate me now
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Re: so...yeah, rough few weeks there 

Post#2 » by miller31time » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:09 am

What's most rough is that we very well could be 6-0 right now. We should have won against the Pats save for horrible officiating. The Bengals won fair and square but we played piss-poor and only lost by a late Bengals drive. And we all know what happened against the Vikings....ugh.

I never was confident with Haushka (sp?). We should have signed Stover before the season even started...and now, he's with the Colts.

Oh, and our secondary is just ungodly awful. How we failed to address this in the off-season is beyond me. How the hell did we think we were going to defend the deep-ball with the likes of Chris Carr, Dominique Foxworth and of course, everyone's favorite - Frank Walker.

Disgusting. And what's worse, Samari Rolle is likely out for the year with little chance of returning this season (possible ever).

And NOW, the trading deadline has passed and we did nothing.

Very frustrated right now because our weaknesses have been completely exposed through the first 6 games, just as most observers thought.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#3 » by UTMCretin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:49 am

I still haven't seen this team win a game, but nevertheless, I'm choosing to be optimistic about how mediocre we are. For example, we lost the Vikings game. Our defense, which was the main reason for our success these past years, was unorganized, easily dissected and all around terrible. But our offense rallied, Flacco showed that he was capable of making a series of consistent gains, and Ray Rice cemented his #1 status. Heck, if we can continue this fervid pace, we might even finish 2nd in our division!

goooooooo ravens
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#4 » by jerrod » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:56 pm

i wish the offense had just caught up to the high level of the defense but they (almost) seemed to have switched places. weird.

yeah, frank walker is helpless out there just waiting to be pounced on. i almost feel bad for him, blatant pass interference and he still can't prevent a long catch.

still though, one makeable field goal away from beating a 5-0 team is not bad. packer fans are drooling over ray rice (rightfully so) and oher is looking pretty good even out of position.

anyone know what the deal is with heap this year? i was watching the vikings game screaming for them to go to him early and he was barely involved.

Return to Baltimore Ravens