Moderator: JDR720

Jaruff
RealGM
And1: 16

Armanti Edwards At QB 

Post#1 » by Jaruff » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:00 pm

In the Wildcat at least:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... 63b9696c90

He isn't competing for a starting quarterback spot with Cam Newton or Jimmy Clausen, but based on what the team has done in practice offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski plans to use him occasionally in the Wildcat formation — with Newton split out wide.

Although the Panthers are installing an entirely new offensive scheme and are pressed for time in this NFL lockout-shortened offseason, they devoted more than 30 minutes of practice Tuesday morning to Edwards taking snaps out of the shotgun, which goes to show how serious they are about using him.

Excited about this. He's a former 2nd round pick and he needs playing time; Fox refused to do that last year, even when we really sucked down the stretch. Also, I guess if Gettis is out for the entire season, that moves him up in the depth chart and he could see some actual time as the fourth WR.
Kwame Brown Fan Club | Free Gilbert Arenas
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Re: Armanti Edwards At QB 

Post#2 » by ohara » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:04 am

Saw an interview with an Observer guy with NFL Network and he said Armanti Edwards showed HUGE imrpovement in his skills at running patterns as a WR. I think we see a lot of him this season. And at the Wildcat every so often, that sounds just fine with me.
Jaruff
RealGM
And1: 16

Re: Armanti Edwards At QB 

Post#3 » by Jaruff » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:25 pm

If he can become like Randle El, I think we got great value for that pick. If his QB skills improve, he could potentially be the third/emergency QB which would free up a roster spot or two (if we move Jimmy and Pike, both of which I feel are decent assets).
Kwame Brown Fan Club | Free Gilbert Arenas

Return to Carolina Panthers