ImageImageImage

Game #5 New Orleans at Carolina

Moderator: JDR720

ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Game #5 New Orleans at Carolina 

Post#1 » by ohara » Sun Oct 9, 2011 4:14 pm

This one could prove interesting. It is up to our Defense to try and slow down Brees and that high powered Saints offense. But if we can, Panthers have a shot. I expect Cam to put up some good numbers today, and we should score sine points. It just comes down to our Defense stopping the Saints on a few key drives.

I predict an upset today. Carolina 34 Saints 30
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Re: Game #5 New Orleans at Carolina 

Post#2 » by Rooster » Sun Oct 9, 2011 7:24 pm

Great game so far, although I can only see it on Gamecenter.

Naturally, I was so frustrated with DeAngelo Williams on my fantasy team that I benched him for Michael Bush. :(
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Post#3 » by ohara » Sun Oct 9, 2011 9:06 pm

Heartbreak again! Saints win 30 - 27. Carolina led 27 - 23 until the last 50 seconds when Brees worked his magic again for the winning TD. Cam got them to mid field, but Carolina could not get the job done. So many times the Panthers had the Saints in 3rd and 8, only to give up the big pass play for a 1st. Happened 2x late in the game. Defense just let us down.

Cam was 16/31 for 224, 2 TD and 1 Int, had a rushing TD also.

That last drive for Carolina to try to get into FG range was rivoting. Looked very promising when Cam hit a WR to get to the Saints 40, but we called TO rather than spike the ball. A booth review later determined he did not catch it. He should have motioned to Cam to spike the ball, but dont know if there was time for him to do that or perhaps the TO was already called. Still, that would have meant 30 seconds left and on the Saints 40. Instead, we were back on our own 41. Got to midfield, then a holding pushed us back again.
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#4 » by Rooster » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:11 am

This is one great 1-4 team. Should have beaten the Cardinals, lost to each of GB/CHI/NO by a single possession.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.

Return to Carolina Panthers