ImageImageImage

Game #7 Carolina at Chicago

Moderator: JDR720

ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Game #7 Carolina at Chicago 

Post#1 » by ohara » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:43 pm

1-5 Panthers to to the 5-1 Bears. And at the half, Panthers lead 13-7. We have sacked Cutler 6 times in the half, 3 by Hardy. Our defense has been playing well today. Offense is trying to be tough against a very good Chicago defense. Need more points. We outplayed them in the half, but 1 TD and conversion by the Bears, and we are behind.
ohara
Head Coach

Re: Game #7 Carolina at Chicago 

Post#2 » by ohara » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:27 pm

After 3, Panthers lead 19-7. Chicago has the ball in Panther territory. But defense has been terrific today and offense playing well enough to get some points against a stellar Bear defense. Now, they just need to finish it.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#3 » by ohara » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Well, Chicago scored a TD. Then, on the very next play, Steve Smith slipped on his route and the ball was picked for a defensive TD. In 8 seconds, Chicago had a lead of 20-19.

Cam leads the team down to get another FG. Medlock was 5-5 today and Panthers had the lead 22-20. Chcago gets the ball with 2.30 to go. And the defense braintrust of the Panthers decide to play off the receivers again and again. Cutler picks us apart. Chicago gets a 41 yard FG as time expires.

Chicago wins 23-22.

Hate this for the players. But the coaching staff just does not know how to change up things at the end in order to win these type games. Another 4th qtr lead blown. They all need to go.

Very disapppointed in Cam. The 2nd INT was not his fault. But earlier in the game, he made a terrific run but the ball got jarred loose at the 1 ft line and went into the endzone. Thankfully it was recovered by Carolina for a TD. But Cam showed no love for the player who saved his butt, and instead just ran off the field. He has got to be better disciplined in running the ball and NOT fumbling it away. Needs to be more appreciative of the other players who cover his mistakes. 2 INT's and a fumble. Got to be better than that Cam.
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#4 » by Rooster » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Tough to be too hard on the team here. Grim as this sounds, I think any Panthers fan being told that, going into this game, we'd only lose by one would have been thrilled. I only saw the end... Chicago looked good, clutch on D when it was needed and Cutler got his head together in time for the two-minute drill. 6-1 Bears are clearly one of the best three teams in the league.

Something I mentioned to a friend yesterday: is it possible the Panthers play to the level of their competition? Nailbiter losses in ATL and CHI but then a stinker against TB, etc. with the Giants game being the major exception.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#5 » by ohara » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Rooster, you may be onto something with the idea of playing up to the competition. But if that is what is happening, that is the fault of the coaching staff. That is something that they have to be accountable for, being the mindset and preparedness of the team to play on Sunday.

Return to Carolina Panthers