What is wrong with us?

Moderator: JDR720

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

What is wrong with us? 

Post#1 » by bleu » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:35 am

Okay, so far, we've gone from 15-1 NFC Champs, to 1-5 NFC bottom feeders. That's no secret, it's one of the biggest storylines in the league, and ESPN is loving it. The last team to go from Super Bowl to 1-5? The 2004 Panthers. So what the hell is going on? We haven't lost much at all from our team, with the exception of Josh Norman and Jared Allen. However, we've also brought players like Kelvin Benjamin back from injury. So for the life of me I can't wrap my mind around this monumental collapse of a season. I want to hear some theories of where we went long, and what it's going to take to fix things in Charlotte.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,082

Re: What is wrong with us? 

Post#2 » by JDR720 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:15 pm

either last year was a complete fluke. or we still haven't recovered from the super bowl
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#3 » by bleu » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:55 am

JDR720 wrote:either last year was a complete fluke. or we still haven't recovered from the super bowl

I really don't believe that last year was a fluke. Had the team gone 9-7, made it into the playoffs as a wildcard, and somehow forced their way to the Super Bowl, than I would think that's likely the case. But last year's team was absolutely dominant. I mean, we didn't blow out every opponent that we played or anything, but most games there was no doubt who the better team was.

I think it's more of a loss of a killer instinct. And a certain locker room mentality. I mean, we've been there in every game except for the Minnesota and Atlanta games. The Bucs, Saints, and Broncos games were decided by a total of 7 points. Not making excuses, just pointing out that if a few more things had fallen our way so far *cough cough* Graham Gano *cough cough*, we could very likely be a 3 or 4 win team at this point.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,082

Post#4 » by JDR720 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:49 pm

well we did go 7-8-1 the year before with basically the same team.

need to patch some holes for sure. our O-Line and Secondary really isn't that much better (if at all) than that 7-8-1 season team. would look for a RB too, J-Stew is getting old for a RB.

specifically the O-Line has been a problem for years, it did well last season but has regressed again this year. Kalil and Turner are good but we really really have to find a LT.

Return to Carolina Panthers