Image Image Image Image

OT: Trubisky

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: RE: Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#41 » by heir_jordan22 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:17 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:I wanted Adams but my main complaint since draft day was the notion that MItch was going to redshirt . The fastest way for him to develop is by getting reps and the chart that development is by playing .

I dont mind Mitch being 3rd string early like this a it will endear him to his teammates and they will know that once he starts he will have earned . Now you take the next step and move him up to #2 so he will get increased reps and hopefully Glennon just had the first game jitters and plays better to take some of the pressure off .

I will say that Mitchs accuracy and mobility was a welcome sight and really made a huge difference in the offense as I was looking at how awesome Howard and Cohen are going to be I couldnt help but think how much better Kapernick wouldve been in this offense over Glennon on those naked bootlegs alone . So I am very happy to see Mitch has some wheels and good instincts because those Play actions bootlegs are gonna be our bread and butter with the running game we have .

That's exactly it. You said it's good for him to start at the bottom and earn his way up. So what's wrong with saying he's at the bottom. No competition, youre at the end of the line. If he forces the coaching staff's hand then perfect

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#42 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:47 am

Axxo wrote:Mark Sanchez rookie preseason highlights for comparison. If someone can get this viewable in HD it'll be greatly appreciated.

We can refer to Dak Prescott's preseason highlights from last year. He then went on to lead the Cowboys to a division title as a rookie.

I usually don't care about preseason, but this year the Bears have 2 QB's who are unproven. Mike Glennon's been in the NFL for 4 years, but has only started five games in the last three seasons. I don't care what Glennon is unless he gives us a significantly higher chance to win than Trubisky. The fact that he didn't look like that player in 1 quarter of preseason action is troubling.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,334

Post#43 » by fleet » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:32 am

Well it made some sense to name Glennon the starter before anybody had a chance to look at the rookie. But you have to have the flexibility to change plans depending on developments. Ask Pete Carroll
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#44 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:18 am

fleet wrote:Well it made some sense to name Glennon the starter before anybody had a chance to look at the rookie. But you have to have the flexibility to change plans depending on developments. Ask Pete Carroll

There was definitely some logic in it. I get that's it's easier to bench Glennon for Trubisky after a 3-7 start or something. Trubisky can just come in, do what he does and the pressure won't be as high.

But, I still need to see Glennon look like an NFL starter for that scenario to come to fruition.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#45 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:34 pm

was pleasantly surprised at how he looked in the last game.

I had a pretty negative 'tude about how we drafted him but this recent performance takes the edge off a little bit, still overall frustrated that we pay 18 mil for glennon then pay so much to move up 1 spot. Still early in preseason we'll see how things develop from here.
GinWeary
Senior
And1: 345

Post#46 » by GinWeary » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Whether we have Trubisky or Glennon for all 16 games or a combination of the two, this is not a Bears season in which there is high pressure or expectations to win the Super Bowl, win the division, or even make the playoffs. To me, I want to see development.

Trubisky is going to be the Bears QB of the future. When that time comes or whether he holds on to that job for a long time or not is yet to be seen.

While I will be shocked if Glennon starts the entire season, the only thing I want for Trubisky is the best path on which he can develop. If starting him for Week 1 is best for Trubisky, then I am all for it. If his development hinges on being the QB3 for a few weeks to take advantage of any off the field learning, then I am all for it.
“Fortunately, there is gin, the sole glimmer in this darkness.Do you feel the golden, copper-coloured light it kindles in you? I like walking through the city of an evening in the warmth of gin.” – Albert Camus
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#47 » by CjayC » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:19 am

RebuildaBulls wrote:Looked pretty good but I think he already knew his target before the snap. Would like to see him make some decisions

He was Reading the entire field on most of those throws watch his head turn before delivering the ball.

He makes quick decisions in the pocket and doesn't hang around which is good because Cutler didn't always seem to have that clock in his head and he had a lot of fumbles because of it.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#48 » by patryk7754 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:23 am

CjayC wrote:
RebuildaBulls wrote:Looked pretty good but I think he already knew his target before the snap. Would like to see him make some decisions

He was Reading the entire field on most of those throws watch his head turn before delivering the ball.

He makes quick decisions in the pocket and doesn't hang around which is good because Cutler didn't always seem to have that clock in his head and he had a lot of fumbles because of it.

He was as close to perfect as you can get. No bad passes. No bad decisions. Made athletic plays. And drove the team down the field with almost no resistance.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#49 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:08 am

CjayC wrote:

All players know their targets before the snap...it's called a play, and there are other reads and option available, like you said. He made his reads, and when there wasn't a good look he either threw the ball away or ran.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#50 » by Axxo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:35 pm

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#51 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:18 am

Axxo wrote:

It seems you desperately want to be right about Mitchell, so you're going around looking for any critical video that somehow makes strawman arguement against him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#52 » by Axxo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Desperate to be right? Mabe you should look at yourself 1st starting with the tone of your response. Just because my take on how things play out doesn't align with the typical "eager fans" take doesnt make it weak, negative or however you want to regard it as. Mitch learning for a year doesn't make him a bust. I think its smart from a management standpoint. I give Pace his credit for this approach.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#53 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:31 am

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#54 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:33 am

Very few eager fans here. Just describing the game as he played it.

We'll see how the rest of the preseason goes, and during the season. If Mitch out plays Glennon (And Glennon continues to struggle), then he should get a shot to be the starter at some point.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#55 » by molepharmer » Thu Sep 7, 2017 1:03 pm

Looks a little funny seeing a Trubisky thread being labeled as 'off-topic'. But I digress.

Yesterday he was named backup QB, which I'm sure everybody's heard by now. Regardless, him being appointed #2 is great to see and will allow him more reps with the 1st teamers as well as getting more acquainted with game planning and adjustments against specific defenses.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#56 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Sep 8, 2017 4:25 am

molepharmer wrote:Looks a little funny seeing a Trubisky thread being labeled as 'off-topic'. But I digress. .

Was on the Bulls board and I moved it here.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#57 » by Axxo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Waddle and Silvy Bill Polian interview. From hour 2 yesterday
https://player.fm/series/waddle-silvy/hour-2-bill-polian-and-waddles-world-pebz8sYyXbn0tsbw
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#58 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:57 am

So maybe we should be asking if Mike Glennon is ready :lol:
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,334

Post#59 » by fleet » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:35 am

molepharmer wrote:Looks a little funny seeing a Trubisky thread being labeled as 'off-topic'. But I digress.

Yesterday he was named backup QB, which I'm sure everybody's heard by now. Regardless, him being appointed #2 is great to see and will allow him more reps with the 1st teamers as well as getting more acquainted with game planning and adjustments against specific defenses.

Trubisky has to play because the Bears must further evaluate if they can trade Sam Darnold. ;)
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
SixRings
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#60 » by SixRings » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Been a lurker for a long, long time.... can't WAIT for this kid to finally get the start! I'm hoping it's week 5, gives him a solid 10 days to prepare.

Return to Chicago Bears