Moderator: chitownsports4ever

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Undrafted free agency 

Post#1 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:37 am

Read on Twitter

Saw this notable pickup by the Bears. Seems if he didn't tear his ACL he would have gone in the 4th or 5th round. Saw that he is 2 months ahead of schedule.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: Undrafted free agency 

Post#2 » by Axxo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:33 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Saw this notable pickup by the Bears. Seems if he didn't tear his ACL he would have gone in the 4th or 5th round. Saw that he is 2 months ahead of schedule.

To piggy back here is the whole list for all teams

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/04/27/undrafted-free-agent-tracker-2019-nfl-draft/
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#3 » by Susan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:49 pm

Love what they've done with the WR core. Emanuel Hall has some elite physical gifts and could be our deep threat WR once Gabriel leaves.

Bars was a legit prospect who's familiar with Hiestand and we've got a million kickers coming in. The TE we got is supposed to be a player as well.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#4 » by Axxo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:29 pm

Looking at the draftees and prospects the words that come to mind are versatility and depth. Potential injuries will be offset by the depth and quality of the back-up players. The fact that they all have different strengths and can work together will make the team difficult to game plan for on both sides of the ball (i.e. elusiveness vs. speed, physicality vs. finesse/technique). I think E. Hall/K. Whyte etc if they make the 53 can contribute with the current 1’s and 2’s of their respective positions. All it takes is one big play and then the opposing defense will have to account for them based on the threat alone which opens opportunities for everyone else.
On defense, I had a packer fan I know tell me that when Pagano goes to a nickel defense that GB will just use Jones and either of the Williams’ to run it down our throats b/c Pettine uses that all the time so theres a certain familiarity factor. I told him that he seems to have forgotten about our front line not to mention the new depth and versatility provides an unscouted look GB would have to concern themselves with.
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#5 » by 2018C3 » Fri May 3, 2019 5:39 am

I did not follow the draft, or the undrafted free agent acquisitions, as given our position I was not expecting much.

I just recently caught up with everything that happened a few days ago.

I can honestly say that I'm impressed. The team has some how managed to aquire additions Im eager to see out on the feild.

Whats also great is these new additions are being added into a win now culture with solid role models in place. This is going to help the new additions tranistion tremendously. I'm pretty confident a few of these guys are going to take the next leap up with the support system that is noe in place. As a rookie coming into the league, this here has to be a dream type of situation.

After watching the interviews and re-caps, they all seem to be great character guys with a strong work ethic and future potential.

I'm a happy fan!

It will be interesting to revisit this topic a year out from today.

Return to Chicago Bears