Bears Place Bid on Arlington International Racecourse

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Bears Place Bid on Arlington International Racecourse 

Post#1 » by 2018C3 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:46 pm

Discuss.

I would be okay with the move. They can build a larger stadium more inline with current NFL Standards. For me at least it would be easier and quicker to get to. It could be a new start for a new era. I see the future potential, and think progress with a new stadium is in the best interest of the team, and the surrounding area.

The Bears have only been in Soldier field since 1971, so its not like it would be some huge historic move. I think it makes sense.

Your thoughts?
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Re: Bears Place Bid on Arlington International Racecourse 

Post#2 » by 2018C3 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:15 pm

If you look at the national population percentage crime index maps, Arlington heights is also much safer.

On this map red is bad, green is good. It represents the percentage likelihood of any individual being a victim of a violent crime.

Chances of Becoming a Victim of a Violent Crime in Arlington Heights are only 1 in 2,265, this is much safer than the state average that is 1 in 246 in Illinois. Seriously, how can the average for the whole entire state be this bad?

Statistics are pulled from this website.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/il/arlington-heights/crime

I'm really surprised the numbers are that high overall in Illinois. Where I live I only have a 1 in 2,586 chance to become a victim.
theagent
General Manager
And1: 508

Post#3 » by theagent » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:45 pm

Unless the city is going to sell SF to the Bears so they can do as they wish with that property(build the stadium they deserve), they should move. The 02 renovation was a **** compromise between the city and Bears. To avoid that...again, Bears going to bigger, more spacious, safe, easily accessible, property tax beneficial, not having to deal with city politics Arlington Heights...is the way to go.

They get to build the stadium they've wanted and redevelop the track etc around it. The Bears will own their own stadium then they control the gate, concessions of their games or any events they have there.
theagent
General Manager

Post#4 » by theagent » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:47 am

theagent
General Manager

Post#5 » by theagent » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:38 pm

welp...they signed a PA and Lori is spinning her wheels with bullsht (3rd video). I like how she now all of a sudden has an interest in improving SF and the "museum district". Also what list of suitors and a waiting list of people who wants to book SF? The lingerie football league? I'm actually very onboard for that though...and she might be too.
https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-bears-arlington-race-track-new-stadium-heights/11060214/
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,397

Post#6 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Oct 4, 2021 12:31 am

Well this is going farther than I ever thought it would.
theagent
General Manager

Post#7 » by theagent » Mon Oct 4, 2021 11:18 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:Well this is going farther than I ever thought it would.

because the Bears have all the cards. The best the city can do is sell the Bears Soldier Field at a good price.....which you know they won't. All the liberal hippes will go Karen. The other possible spots Old McCormick is too narrow. Old Micheal Reese is in da hood. And The 78 is already spoken for. Lori has no play especially since she told the Bears to fck themselves in June. Now she's trying to say she didnt really say those things and dump it on the Bears for cancelling a meeting. Good for the Bears. The political climate isn't as strong as it was under Daley and its a once in a lifetime that you get the opportunity to buy 326acres...in AH for 200 million.

I predict once the sale goes through The McCaskeys will sell the team(or a 51% or greater stake) to a tech or finance billionaire. That way....the state doesn't have to worry about spending a dime on funding toward an arena or the rest of the project and that "taxpayer" argument goes out the window.

Return to Chicago Bears