Image Image Image Image

Our Defense is gonna be ridiculous

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

NoSkyy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#21 » by NoSkyy » Wed Aug 1, 2007 6:09 pm

Wow, we have a Garret Wolfe bandwagon going on here. I actually like Adrian Peterson better. I think that kid has talent. Can't forget about him.

Our defense will be great this year and I won't even be worried about injuries(other to Tommie Harris/Brian Urlacher) because we have solid backups.
Howling Mad
General Manager
And1: 590

Post#22 » by Howling Mad » Wed Aug 1, 2007 6:13 pm

I really don't think running back is hurt.

With Cedric getting better by every game and Petersen as a solid back at the 2nd or 3rd string, Wolfe can have his opportunities and eventually he'll be the 2 back.

We're young but we're potentially strong at RB. With TJ we were forced to run on most plays and TJ was the perfect RB for that. His improv-hop-around style was great for a couple seasons, but with several more options on offense Benson will dominate the time until Wolfe can be eased in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Benson carry 30 times a game for around 115 yards during his best games in the season. Its a low average but hes a banger, and the defense will focus on our speed and spread the field, therefor they'll have the opportunity to collapse on him in the middle. Thats why Wolfe is such an important part in the offense, his speed balances out our running game.

Not only are we more balanced in the running game but now we are a more balanced overall, offense and as a team.

It'll take time but I believe this is the master plan.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#23 » by Cliff Levingston » Wed Aug 1, 2007 6:56 pm

Wolfe is a great change of pace guy. Very quick, agile and fast while possessing great pass catching skills. He's basically an ideal 3rd down back save for his small stature.

Cliff Levingston think we've upgraded at RB. Benson is twice the rusher Jones is an Adrian Peterson is underrated as a backup. Add in the nice change of pace back Wolfe and we've got a nice backfield.

And this defense has nutty depth now:

DE:
- Ogunleye
- Anderson
- Brown
- Baziun

DT:
- T. Harris
- Walker
- Dvoracek
- Adams

LB:
- Urlacher
- Briggs
- Hillenmeyer
- Williams
- Okwo
- Wilson

CB:
- Tillman
- Vasher
- R. Manning Jr.
- Wesley

S:
- Brown
- Archuleta
- D. Manning
- C. Harris

The only position Cliff Levingston is worried about an injury is on the offensive line. If Tait or Kruetz goes down then we're in a bad way.
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#24 » by Posey H8er » Wed Aug 1, 2007 10:11 pm

Our defense is going to be ridiculous!
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#25 » by SportsWorld » Wed Aug 1, 2007 11:55 pm

Sports Illustrated ranked our defense #1 in the fantasy outlook :clap:

Return to Chicago Bears