Image Image Image Image

Cutler 2020

Moderators: chitownsports4ever, emperorjones

Playoff wins

More than 7
10
38%
Less Than 7
16
62%
 
Total votes: 26

User avatar
ManicBullsFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,718
And1: 3
Joined: Aug 18, 2001
Location: Australia

Cutler 2020 

Post#1 » by ManicBullsFan » Thu Jan 2, 2014 3:54 pm

got that 7 year extention
User avatar
MAQ
RealGM
Posts: 44,719
And1: 2,043
Joined: Feb 28, 2006
Location: Dedication
     

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#2 » by MAQ » Thu Jan 2, 2014 3:54 pm

Any word on the money yet? That's too long of a commitment for Jay, and I"m one of his biggest supporters.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
jacoby1us
Head Coach
Posts: 6,452
And1: 204
Joined: Apr 22, 2003
     

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#3 » by jacoby1us » Thu Jan 2, 2014 3:56 pm

gee whiz that's to long.
what are the numbers?
Transition from Red.
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 29,742
And1: 12,199
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#4 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:01 pm

MAQ wrote:Any word on the money yet? That's too long of a commitment for Jay, and I"m one of his biggest supporters.

I agree. But it also depends on how much money and how many years is guaranteed. I'm assuming it's probably around 8-10 mill a year, which is why it went out for so many years.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
#FireGarPax
HBK9
Sophomore
Posts: 142
And1: 5
Joined: Jan 31, 2011
Location: Villa Park
Contact:

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#5 » by HBK9 » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:04 pm

Also signed Jennings and Slauson but I did not see anything in terms of years/money.
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 29,742
And1: 12,199
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#6 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm glad they were able to keep slauson for sure.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
#FireGarPax
Chaomino
Junior
Posts: 329
And1: 18
Joined: Jul 21, 2005
Location: Galiza (EUR)

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#7 » by Chaomino » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:11 pm

The 7 year-deal is to help team in terms of salary cap.

Glad we keep him
GO BULLS GO
User avatar
BR0D1E86
RealGM
Posts: 17,026
And1: 1,660
Joined: Jul 18, 2002
       

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#8 » by BR0D1E86 » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:21 pm

Want to know how much $. I was unwilling to go above 12 a year for him, which I realize probably meant he was going to walk.
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 29,742
And1: 12,199
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#9 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:21 pm

According to Alex Marvez from Fox Sports, the deal averages 18 million for the first 3 years. That's way too much, IMO. God I hope he can stay healthy for most of it. :pray:

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... ough_2020/
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
#FireGarPax
User avatar
MAQ
RealGM
Posts: 44,719
And1: 2,043
Joined: Feb 28, 2006
Location: Dedication
     

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#10 » by MAQ » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:24 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
MAQ wrote:Any word on the money yet? That's too long of a commitment for Jay, and I"m one of his biggest supporters.

I agree. But it also depends on how much money and how many years is guaranteed. I'm assuming it's probably around 8-10 mill a year, which is why it went out for so many years.

Any pipe dream of Jay signing for less than 16 million a year was just that. A pipe dream. I don't get why that number was being tossed around so much (8, 10, 12 million).
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
User avatar
MAQ
RealGM
Posts: 44,719
And1: 2,043
Joined: Feb 28, 2006
Location: Dedication
     

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#11 » by MAQ » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:24 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:According to Alex Marvez from Fox Sports, the deal averages 18 million for the first 3 years. That's way too much, IMO. God I hope he can stay healthy for most of it. :pray:

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... ough_2020/

First 3 years...Figured it'd be around that for a 4 year deal.

What are the figures after that.

And I agree with you on the health...He's got to stay healthy.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 29,742
And1: 12,199
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#12 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:27 pm

MAQ wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:
MAQ wrote:Any word on the money yet? That's too long of a commitment for Jay, and I"m one of his biggest supporters.

I agree. But it also depends on how much money and how many years is guaranteed. I'm assuming it's probably around 8-10 mill a year, which is why it went out for so many years.

Any pipe dream of Jay signing for less than 16 million a year was just that. A pipe dream. I don't get why that number was being tossed around so much (8, 10, 12 million).

True, with guys like Romo and Matt Ryan signing similar deals.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
#FireGarPax
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 29,742
And1: 12,199
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#13 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:29 pm

MAQ wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:According to Alex Marvez from Fox Sports, the deal averages 18 million for the first 3 years. That's way too much, IMO. God I hope he can stay healthy for most of it. :pray:

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... ough_2020/

First 3 years...Figured it'd be around that for a 4 year deal.

What are the figures after that.

And I agree with you on the health...He's got to stay healthy.

Not sure. None of the local papers have the numbers disclosed. Maybe this Marvez guy could be wrong. Got to wait and see what the actual numbers come out to.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
#FireGarPax
User avatar
Air Poohdini
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,384
And1: 312
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
Location: ORLANDO
       

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#14 » by Air Poohdini » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:30 pm

I don't think I can remember the last time Jay stayed healthy for a whole season. I think it was the year Aaron Rodgers beat us to go to the Super Bowl.
Image
If Dennis Rodman drove a truck, he'd give all the refs a ride!
User avatar
MAQ
RealGM
Posts: 44,719
And1: 2,043
Joined: Feb 28, 2006
Location: Dedication
     

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#15 » by MAQ » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:30 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
MAQ wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:According to Alex Marvez from Fox Sports, the deal averages 18 million for the first 3 years. That's way too much, IMO. God I hope he can stay healthy for most of it. :pray:

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... ough_2020/

First 3 years...Figured it'd be around that for a 4 year deal.

What are the figures after that.

And I agree with you on the health...He's got to stay healthy.

Not sure. None of the local papers have the numbers disclosed. Maybe this Marvez guy could be wrong. Got to wait and see what the actual numbers come out to.

Someone was just on ESPN (one of the good NFL insiders) and he said that the deal was north of the deal Stafford signed. Let me rewind to get exactly what he said. But it was basically a confirmation that it was 18 million per year.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
User avatar
MAQ
RealGM
Posts: 44,719
And1: 2,043
Joined: Feb 28, 2006
Location: Dedication
     

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#16 » by MAQ » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:34 pm

Adam Schefter was the insider.

North of the deal Stafford got...North of 17.5 million per year. I have a hard time believing it's for all 7 years, though Schefter never commented on exact terms.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 29,742
And1: 12,199
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#17 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:36 pm

MAQ wrote:Adam Schefter was the insider.

North of the deal Stafford got...North of 17.5 million per year. I have a hard time believing it's for all 7 years, though Schefter never commented on exact terms.

Marvez said only the first 3 years were at average of 18 mill

It is what it is. Trestman and Emery never wavered from Cutler and wanted to commit to him. They clearly like the guy.

I do like that they came to a quick decision one way or another, so they can just focus on the defense for the rest of the off-season.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
#FireGarPax
MalcolmXing
Banned User
Posts: 3,779
And1: 503
Joined: Jun 27, 2013
Location: Chicago, Greatest City Ever

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#18 » by MalcolmXing » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:47 pm

MAQ wrote:Any word on the money yet? That's too long of a commitment for Jay, and I"m one of his biggest supporters.


18 a year smh
MalcolmXing
Banned User
Posts: 3,779
And1: 503
Joined: Jun 27, 2013
Location: Chicago, Greatest City Ever

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#19 » by MalcolmXing » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:48 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
MAQ wrote:Adam Schefter was the insider.

North of the deal Stafford got...North of 17.5 million per year. I have a hard time believing it's for all 7 years, though Schefter never commented on exact terms.

Marvez said only the first 3 years were at average of 18 mill

It is what it is. Trestman and Emery never wavered from Cutler and wanted to commit to him. They clearly like the guy.

I do like that they came to a quick decision one way or another, so they can just focus on the defense for the rest of the off-season.


Heard it was 18 on average throughout but that sounds insane
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 29,742
And1: 12,199
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Cutler 2020 

Post#20 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:49 pm

MalcolmXing wrote:Heard it was 18 on average throughout but that sounds insane

Heard from who? The WT link stats only the first 3 years.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
#FireGarPax

Return to Chicago Bears