Bears put Brandon Marshall on the trading block

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Bears put Brandon Marshall on the trading block 

Post#1 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 5, 2015 5:20 pm

It looks like Marshall is done in Chicago. I can't imagine they bring him back after openly shopping him. It's either trade or release. Personally, I'm sad to see Brandon move on. I'm a huge fan of fight against mental illness and how he's turned his life around.

As for the Bears, if the return is a 4th or 5th round pick there is no question the Bears get worse. If you can't at least get a 3rd for him, I'd look to trade him for a player.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,951

Re: Bears put Brandon Marshall on the trading block 

Post#2 » by Chi town » Thu Mar 5, 2015 8:05 pm

He's gone. Send him out for a 5th rounder. Sign Cobb away from GB and let him return punts and kicks too.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: Re: Bears put Brandon Marshall on the trading block 

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 5, 2015 10:03 pm

Heard trading Marshall will free up 3.5M in cap space.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#4 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 5, 2015 10:11 pm

Chi town wrote:He's gone. Send him out for a 5th rounder. Sign Cobb away from GB and let him return punts and kicks too.
Cobb and Jeffery would be dominant. My biggest fear with Cobb is how much of his value was created by Rodgers. We have all seen WR's look amazing with HOF qb's and when they leave in free agency they disappear back to WR 2 or WR 3 status

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#5 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Mar 6, 2015 12:06 am

I like Marshall, but he's declined and in addition to freeing up some cap space, he's a distraction the new coaching staff doesn't want to deal with. Let him talk, go do TV shows & hold press conferences somewhere else.

As for Cobb, it would be nice, but I don't think he's signing here. I don't think he's leaving Green Bay unless some really bad team offers him a ton of money.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#6 » by City of Trees » Fri Mar 6, 2015 4:09 am

Who would do a Mike Wallace for Brandon Marshall trade? Dolphins are looking to save money.

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#7 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Mar 6, 2015 10:37 am

Unfortunately, not the Dolphins. It looks like the Bears are interested in another Miami WR in Brian Hartline. Woof.

And again, I'm not wanting Marshall gone (especially if their answer is Hartline to replace him), I just understand it.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,953

Post#8 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Mar 6, 2015 4:35 pm

Marshall is apparently going to the jets
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#9 » by City of Trees » Fri Mar 6, 2015 4:58 pm

For a 5th round pick. I guess it's better than outright releasing him but still, Bears got worse today.

Bankshot
Senior
And1: 176

Post#10 » by Bankshot » Fri Mar 6, 2015 7:11 pm

Could see the Bears now going with Cooper or White now with the 7th pick, better value as both of these guys are studs.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#11 » by City of Trees » Fri Mar 6, 2015 8:11 pm

Bankshot wrote:Could see the Bears now going with Cooper or White now with the 7th pick, better value as both of these guys are studs.
Same could be said for Mariota or Winston at 7 if Cutler is traded/released. Defense may need to rely on FA signings

patryk7754
Head Coach
And1: 1,093

Post#12 » by patryk7754 » Fri Mar 6, 2015 8:14 pm

Hes worth a lot more than just a 5th. They could have at least taken cutler too
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#13 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Mar 6, 2015 10:13 pm

patryk7754 wrote:Hes worth a lot more than just a 5th. They could have at least taken cutler too

He's really not and it was done for reasons more than to just make a move. Marshall they wanted to get something for now out of fear he'll not have value after the coming year, it saved $3.5 mil to spend elsewhere and the coaching staff viewed him as a "distraction" with the TV show, the pressers ownership and the front office advised him to not do, the Twitter fights that he later claimed were him "playing a part" and the airing of dirty laundry in the local media. They'd had enough.

I'm split on the trade. I totally understand it. But I also like B-Marsh and would have liked to see him back this coming season with Cutler under Fox & co. It is what it is.

Cutler's not going anywhere. There's no better option available and they don't want to go 2-14.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#14 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 6:24 am

I'm starting to think that the reason Marshall was traded is because he likely told Pace and Fox that he still wants to do Inside The NFL and they want nothing to do with him doing that show. They likely did him a favor by trading him to New York where the show is tapped.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Badbeats
Rookie
And1: 394

Post#15 » by Badbeats » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:30 am

ADDinChicago wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:Hes worth a lot more than just a 5th. They could have at least taken cutler too

He's really not and it was done for reasons more than to just make a move. Marshall they wanted to get something for now out of fear he'll not have value after the coming year, it saved $3.5 mil to spend elsewhere and the coaching staff viewed him as a "distraction" with the TV show, the pressers ownership and the front office advised him to not do, the Twitter fights that he later claimed were him "playing a part" and the airing of dirty laundry in the local media. They'd had enough.

I'm split on the trade. I totally understand it. But I also like B-Marsh and would have liked to see him back this coming season with Cutler under Fox & co. It is what it is.

Cutler's not going anywhere. There's no better option available and they don't want to go 2-14.

You are totally wrong.

To start off we are 4-12. Any player on this team can be gotten for the right price. Nobody is untouchable. Not even Alshon, or kyle fuller.

He is worth a lot more than a 5th round pick. You cannot replace him with a 5th round pick. You cannot replace him with 3.5 million WR. It just can not be done.

He had been one of the best WR's in the league for years now. We all know he had issues in the past, and with the tressman staff. Yet he has probably 3 years left as being a top Wideout. He had a fantastic cap number this year. If your going to move him it has to be for some reasonable value. He has as many catches as Calvin Johnson, and more TD's and more Yards in the last 3 seasons. Can we get Johnson for a 5th round pick??? Oh wait that isnt fair... CJ has a $20 million cap hit this year.. marshall is only 7.5... so 6th rounder for Calvin and a 7th.......

As for the he was a problem.. so what... good to great players can have issues but winning teams still sign them. Marshawn Lynch was basically cancer the week before the super bowl.. oh yeah he got signed. Dez Bryant.. yeah getting locked up by JJ. Suh is suspended it seems like every year... richest defensive player in the game starting this year?????

I guess Kyle Long is also gone... I mean he had the twitter argument with our QB's wife so he must be a cancer.... cant have that in the locker room.

I would have moved Marshall for the right price and a 5th round pick was not it.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#16 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Mar 7, 2015 10:51 am

Read what i actually wrote.

If I'm totally wrong, you're totally stupid
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#17 » by City of Trees » Sat Mar 7, 2015 2:30 pm

Wait Kyle Long has twitter beef with Cutty's wife?
Badbeats
Rookie
And1: 394

Post#18 » by Badbeats » Sat Mar 7, 2015 6:07 pm

ADDinChicago wrote:Read what i actually wrote.

If I'm totally wrong, you're totally stupid

You said he was worth a 5th round pick. That is wrong.

Name calling is the cool thing to do when your in 4th grade. Here its against the rules. When you grow up you will understand why people stop doing this. It makes them look silly.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#19 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:42 pm

And you might understand why he was traded.

They got a 5th rounder for him. That is what he was worth. 3 years ago he was worth two 3's. It's the law of diminishing returns.

As for the other stuff, do some research. You might learn setting as to how the new regime felt about B-Marsh. Kyle Long playfully bantering on Twitter with Cutty's wife isn't even close.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,911

Post#20 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri May 8, 2015 11:15 pm

A 5th round pick seems like a give away.

Return to Chicago Bears