Image Image Image Image

Final Mocks/Draft tracker

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Final Mocks/Draft tracker 

Post#1 » by patryk7754 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:10 pm

I thought since the draft is Thursday, we could each put our own final mock draft and then see how it compares to the actual draft.

RD 1: Danny Shelton
RD 2: Jalen Collins
RD 3: Brett Hundley
RD 4: Ty Montgomery
RD 5: Tyrus Thompaon
RD 6: Hau'oli Kikaha

I also think we are going to trade back into the draft to try to get a TE, preferably Jeff Heuerman.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Final Mocks/Draft tracker 

Post#2 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:02 am

Latest nfl.com mock has us taking Trae Waynes.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#3 » by TNBT » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Interesting article I just read regarding an apparent rumor as to what we're doing with the #7 pick - http://ramblinfan.com/2015/04/29/st-lou ... %20Network

To sum it up, rumor has it that we're in talks with the Rams to trade the #7 pick for the #10 and Michael Brockers. Now I don't know much about Brockers but apparently he's pretty good D-lineman who could make a nice NT in our new 3-4 defense. I'm interested to see what you guys think... is it worth it considering that we're only moving back 3 spots and are adding a solid player in the process? Or is there someone specific you want to pick who you don't think it will be available at 10th?
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#4 » by patryk7754 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:Latest nfl.com mock has us taking Trae Waynes.

Throughout the entire college season I thought he was the best secondary player by far. Now I think its Jalen Collins. Waynes is definitely going in the top 15 but Collins can easily drop because he fail drug tests and didn't get that much playing time at LSU for probably the same reasons. If we go with Waynes at 7 im perfectly fine with that.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by TNBT » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:54 pm

Just reading a mock draft that I saw online, and it has us taking WR Amari Cooper, DT Carl Davis and CB P.J. Williams in the first three rounds. I guess if that scenario plays out, then we fill probably the 3 major needs that we currently have. Your thoughts, gentlemen?
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#6 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:51 pm

patryk7754 wrote:I thought since the draft is Thursday, we could each put our own final mock draft and then see how it compares to the actual draft.

I also think we are going to trade back into the draft to try to get a TE, preferably Jeff Heuerman.

I'd be real upset if we took Shelton without trading back.
BR0D1E86
RealGM

Post#7 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:53 pm

TNBT wrote:Interesting article I just read regarding an apparent rumor as to what we're doing with the #7 pick - http://ramblinfan.com/2015/04/29/st-lou ... %20Network

To sum it up, rumor has it that we're in talks with the Rams to trade the #7 pick for the #10 and Michael Brockers. Now I don't know much about Brockers but apparently he's pretty good D-lineman who could make a nice NT in our new 3-4 defense. I'm interested to see what you guys think... is it worth it considering that we're only moving back 3 spots and are adding a solid player in the process? Or is there someone specific you want to pick who you don't think it will be available at 10th?

There are 5 guys I'm really sold on in this draft. They'll probably all be gone. I'd be perfectly happy to do this trade if they are and then grab Waynes. Then in the second pick up Devin Smith or somebody like that.

If either of the qb's fall I think you either wait for an absurd offer or pick one and be perfectly happy with it. They won't, though.

Then I think the other three sure things are Leonard Williams, Amari Cooper and Dante Fowler. I think they're all pretty unlikely to fall to 7, but if any of them do they'd be home run picks.

Outside of that I'm open to virtually any trade down scenario.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by TNBT » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Just read an article on NFL.com that suggests we should trade Cutler, Forte, the 7th pick, AND next years first and second rounders, to the Bucs in return for the #1 pick and take Winston. Now Cutler isn't worth what he's paid, but despite what some might think, he's still a decent starting QB. Even if you think he sucks though, does he really suck so bad that it's worth giving up that much for a QB who hasn't played one snap at NFL level, and has so many red flags about his character? The kid could turn out to be great, but he's a complete unknown who could just as easily be a bust. If I'm Ryan Pace, there's no way in hell that I'm giving up that much for one draft pick.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by TNBT » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:06 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:
TNBT wrote:Interesting article I just read regarding an apparent rumor as to what we're doing with the #7 pick - http://ramblinfan.com/2015/04/29/st-lou ... %20Network

There are 5 guys I'm really sold on in this draft. They'll probably all be gone. I'd be perfectly happy to do this trade if they are and then grab Waynes. Then in the second pick up Devin Smith or somebody like that.

If either of the qb's fall I think you either wait for an absurd offer or pick one and be perfectly happy with it. They won't, though.

Then I think the other three sure things are Leonard Williams, Amari Cooper and Dante Fowler. I think they're all pretty unlikely to fall to 7, but if any of them do they'd be home run picks.

Outside of that I'm open to virtually any trade down scenario.

A lot of mocks, probably more than half of them actually, have White as the first WR picked and Cooper falling to us at #7. Obviously things can completely change if there's trades and a different team with different needs lands one of the top-6 picks, but if things stay as they are, apparently plenty of experts can see Cooper wearing a Bears uniform next season.
BR0D1E86
RealGM

Post#10 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:14 pm

I've seen that, but I'm not buying it. I think White's upside is marginally higher, but his down side is significantly lower.

I'd be ecstatic if Cooper fell to us. I think he's Marvin Harrison without the post career shooting.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by TNBT » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:27 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:I've seen that, but I'm not buying it. I think White's upside is marginally higher, but his down side is significantly lower.

I'd be ecstatic if Cooper fell to us. I think he's Marvin Harrison without the post career shooting.

Let me ask you this - if Cooper and the other 4 guys you like are all off the board at #7 but White is available, do you take him? Or do you pass on him and look to trade down?
BR0D1E86
RealGM

Post#12 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:44 pm

TNBT wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:I've seen that, but I'm not buying it. I think White's upside is marginally higher, but his down side is significantly lower.

Let me ask you this - if Cooper and the other 4 guys you like are all off the board at #7 but White is available, do you take him? Or do you pass on him and look to trade down?

It all depends on the trade, but I'd be pretty flexible in trading at that point.

EDIT: To be very clear, though, I am far from an expert.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#13 » by Chi town » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:57 pm

IMO if Cooper, White or Beasley are there Pace takes them. If not he trades down and takes Waynes, Shelton, or O line.

If we pick up another pick from a trade down in the 2nd round I'd love to take Tevin Coleman. I think he is the next Forte.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#14 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:41 am

If the Bears were able to land Leonard Williams, that would be amazing. IMO, he is probably the best player in this draft.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#15 » by patryk7754 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:21 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I thought since the draft is Thursday, we could each put our own final mock draft and then see how it compares to the actual draft.

why?
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#16 » by patryk7754 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Apparently the Randy Gregory situation is a lot worse than I thought so he can probably be had in the 3 or later
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#17 » by patryk7754 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:25 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:If the Bears were able to land Leonard Williams, that would be amazing. IMO, he is probably the best player in this draft.

I felt this way the entire time. Todd McShay had him drop to us in one of his mocks but i doubt that happens. I said in the past i wouldn't be mad if we traded up for him. Honestly, I think the Titans will take him unless they are blown away by a trade offer, something more than the browns 2 firsts.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#18 » by patryk7754 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:26 pm

TNBT wrote:

got a notification from my "thescore" app that white thinks the bears will take if he's there
BR0D1E86
RealGM

Post#19 » by BR0D1E86 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:32 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

why?

I think there are 5-7 clearly better players at that spot.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#20 » by patryk7754 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:44 pm

It looks like Shane Ray will drop in to the middle or the 1st or even the 20s. With this possibility I'd want to trade down and take him (unless Williams is there). Hopefully Mariota is there so we can really pillage a team like the browns or eagles (or maybe even the Cards?)

I think I trade that can happen is with the saints for their 12th and 2 rounder. Also maybe we get the Chargers on the phone if Gurlyy is there.

RD 1: Shane Ray
RD 2A: Jordan Phillips
RD 2B: Jalen Collins
RD 4: Randy Gregory
RD 5: Tyrus Thompson
RD 6: Antwan Goodley

Return to Chicago Bears