Image Image Image Image

How good is Alshon Jeffery?

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Chi-City
Ballboy
And1: 5

How good is Alshon Jeffery? 

Post#1 » by Chi-City » Fri Aug 7, 2015 3:11 am

Ok so i'm pretty new to NFL. I know some of the history and watch last season and playoffs. Me and my brother were just having a conversation. Hes a bears hater and im a bears fan. So He basically said you guys lost your best player (Brendon Marshall) and I said we still have alshon. He said alshon is ass compared to marshall. So I'm not saying Alshon is better but is it alot closer than my brother thinks? Alshon looked like a stud last season
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Re: How good is Alshon Jeffery? 

Post#2 » by emperorjones » Sat Aug 8, 2015 11:54 pm

Thats the big question for 2015. Personally I think if he keeps his weight down and injury free like he was in year 2 - he's a legitimate #1 and a top 5-10 receiver in the league. On the field, Marshall was ass last year, mostly because of a bad ankle he tried to play through. Off the field, Marshall is just ass.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#3 » by TNBT » Sun Aug 9, 2015 7:15 am

I'm with emperorjones on this one. He definitely has the ability to be an elite WR, but he's always had the luxury of being played along with Marshall who takes a lot of defensive focus, so it will be interesting to see how he adjusts to being The Man on a permanent basis. This is hard to say though because we don't know how fast White will develop and how much support he'll give Alshon. Fingers crossed that he'll develop quickly and provide the same support to Alshon that Alshon did to Marshall earlier in his career.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#4 » by transplant » Sun Aug 9, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm in the camp that Jeffery benefited greatly from Marshall's priority standing. We'll find out this season whether Jeffery refuses to be defended and hand fights to the edge of offensive interference the way Marshall did. It's an attitude thing and Marshall certainly had that attitude.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:16 am

Jeffery has a lot to prove and everything to lose this season. Boy better be up for the task otherwise he will be labeled a #2 and hurt his pockets.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
ralphisBullsFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#6 » by ralphisBullsFan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:14 pm

He has the tools...He'd really benefit playing with a fast receiver that could take some defensive pressure off of him, but it looks like that won't be there for him this year. From the start he will be the guy secondaries look to key on with Marshall gone...Bennett should help out at early in the season but like usual he will taper off after the first month...
DaRev
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#7 » by DaRev » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:30 am

I was questioning this myself. He is very talented... but he doesn't show it a lot. He mostly makes one or two big plays a game that can skew his stats. However, you can't understate his physical abilities. He is a freak of nature, but he doesn't seem to have the confidence to be a top-tear receiver
jumpstart
Starter
And1: 771

Post#8 » by jumpstart » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:55 pm

jay cutler...
VoiceofReason
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#9 » by VoiceofReason » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:19 pm

I don't think Alshon is a true #1 receiver. He has the size and strength, but not the demeanor. I also don't think he has the speed to beat a DB on a fly route. Seattle brought the big, physical DB into prominence, and everyone is drafting them which takes away from Alshon's size benefit. He's also better at being "thrown open", which is not what Jay does. He slings it in when he see's the receiver get open. McCown and Jeffery were a productive match because of that difference. I'd love to be proven wrong on all counts here.

Return to Chicago Bears